“Wow! A* Star accommodation”

The Point Orlando Resort
Ranked #23 of 335 Hotels in Orlando
Isle of Man, United Kingdom
“Wow! A* Star accommodation”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2009

I stayed at this hotel during the last two weeks of July 2009.
When I arrived at the hotel I was greated by friendly staff, and throughout my stay these individuals always greated you with a smile and over extended themselves.
I stayed in a two bed suite with my parents.
The appartment that we stayed was on the 3rd floor and as you entered the appartment you was greeted by a small hallway, where there were two separate doors. Room S which was the main suite with a large kitchen, living room and separate master bathroom and separate master bedroom. This room also had a balcony.
I had complete privacy becauses I had my own appartment room H which was an open planned studio with a kitchenette.
In summary the rooms were of a high standard 4.5 plus, the rooms were cleaned every day by polite maids.
The bed was to die for, I had a queen size bed, feather down quilts and pillows for which I could sleep in all day.
I used their private gym, which was small but adequate, there is also a jacuzzi and a large pool outside which was maintained and cleaned regularly.
When you went to the pool area the staff would leave towels carefully prepared for you on the deck chairs.
A fantastic hotel and holiday for which I will be returning to next year 2010.
Just a word of warning, on our first day we asked the only male receptionist to order us a taxi, a man in a ford SUV who was hispanic and did not speak very good English said that he was the taxi.
He took us to WALMART and over charged us by $35 bucks and when i looked in the drivers car I noticed that he was not a registered taxi.
In fact, he was a friend of the hispanic male receptionist.
When I told the female receptionist she looked shocked that i had paid so much to go to walmart.
I did not follow up this issue however if you need a taxi make sure you talk to one of the female receptionists instead of the male one, as they will order a registered taxi.
Also if you can afford it hire a car its a lot cheaper as this is a self catering hotel.

1 Thank Sannmarie9

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,035)
  • Arabic first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
kirkcaldy scotland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2009

Stayed for ten nights with my husband and three daughters aged 12, 15 and 16. Stayed in a two bedroon suite which gave the girls space on their own and my husband and I a beautiful master bedroon ensuite and lounge with kitchen. Luxurious accomodation. Spotless. Maid service daily and pool towels supplied. 4 minutes drive from Universal resort and walkable to Wet & Wild and International Drive. Requested 4th floor with pool view and got exactly that. Free wi fi.

3 Thank thereids11
New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2009

Located only steps away from Wet-n-Wild, and within walking distance from International Drive's action, the Point offers a great mix of qualities. Reservations and check-in were fast and courteous. I received an upgrade from studio suite to a one bedroom suite when I checked in without as much as asking. The super friendly desk staff said merely, "it's complementary". Complementary indeed!

Room was spotless, modern and spacious on 8th floor with a nice view from the balcony. Kitchen was granite countered with every convenience found at home right down to the pots, pans, and cutlery in the drawer. Washer and dryer were in the closet with complementary soap. TV was good in both the living room and bedroom, though I wasn't able to watch my DVD's. A cheap DVD player would be a possibility here. No mini-bar here so no snack or drink options during late night.

Pool was nice, clean, and more spacious than comparable hotels I've seen in the area. Towels ran out fast so I'm glad I took my room towel down. A small snack-bar/restaurant/bar is open for business for breakfast and reopens in the evening from 8 to midnight for drinks and light faire. Internet connection is included but in foregoing wireless, the Point instead offers an extended cable for your laptop's port. Parking was patrolled by a security guard on foot. Though perimeter parking filled quickly an overflow lot is several hundred feet, well lit, and guarded.

At just over a hundred dollars per night, the value was good and the comfort and convenience great. The Point's planners and it's staff have done a great job and, with the few exceptions mentioned, have a winning combination. I for one will return here whenever I'm in Orlando.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled solo
3 Thank HappyDocNY
Dundee, Scotland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2009

My family and I have recently returned from a 3 week stay at Point Orlando. We had initially booked accomodation at Enclave Suites nearby with Virgin holidays, but after some dodgy reviews we cancelled that and re-arranged at Point Orlando.It was the best decision we could have possibly made.
I cannot over-emphasise just how good this place is. We have vacationed in Orlando on frequent occasions and this is by far and away the best accomodation we have stayed in. It simply ticks every box. Location, facilities, room size and quality, cleanliness - it's got it all. It is our complete intention to return there for future trips. By the way, I cannot understand why people say there was no 'net access in the rooms. There are high speed wired connections in the room which I used daily with my laptop (at no charge!).

My only (minor) gripe for management, is that there should perhaps be more trash cans in place around the pool area. A number of times we found discarded beer bottle tops lying upside down around the pool just waiting for a kid to stand on and lacerate their foot. Obviously it's ignorant people chucking them away in the first place that causes the issue, however I did observe that there weren't many receptacles for trash by the pool and so hopefully provsion of more would help to correct this problem.
Overall though, just an absolutely terrific place and can't wait to go back!!

1 Thank ArabKenny
Kansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2009

The Point Orlando Resort is one of the best we have rented to date. The room was spotless everyday. The maid did not always replenish all items as far as shampoo/conditioner and laundry soap but a note took care of that and she did a wonderful job especially with restocking the clean towels and coffee. The main downfall was that there was not internet in the rooms. There is not a restaurant on site however, we just went to Wal-Mart and purchased breakfast items and fixed breakfast for ourselves. We went out to eat for lunch and dinner. We did use the pool facilities and they were very nice and clean and the towels were plentiful and the water was a perfect temperature I don't know whether that is a compliment to the resort or just to the warm weather.

Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
kentucky
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2009

The resort is beautiful with nice rooms and swimming pool. Location is Although our reservation for a two bedroom suite was change to a single room, management attempted to correct the issue and we had to change rooms after for the first night. For the beware part of my vacation. Signs in the parking lot tell visitors to remove valuables from the vehicles. We took everything inside. We left the room for about an hour to go to the pool. Maids came in to clean and they really cleaned us out. $200 from a wallet was taken. Management can read the card scanner to determine who was in/ out of the room, yet they would not rectify the situation. We had to contact the Orland PD, and they took fingerprints and opened a case for us. We have now returned hope and are waiting for the results. Management really let us down in the time of need. This took aware from the grandeur of the resort.

7 Thank metiki1
coutlaw, Manager at The Point Orlando Resort, responded to this review, 22 July 2009
Thank you for taking the time to review our resort. As it relates to the issue with your missing cash, we cooperate completely with the local police during their investigation. Yes, we use our electronic lock equipment to monitor who enters guest rooms, however, it is completely normal for our housekeeping attendants to enter your room to provide services on a daily basis. It is our policy to allow professional law enforcement to investigate and make a determination. We have found that in almost all investigations of this type, valuables are later found and were either misplaced or sometimes even lost elsewhere. The particular housekeeping attendant you have blamed has been our employee since the property opened with no prior complaints of any kind. The police have not determined any crime was committed, and we hope you understand that it is not our policy to pay out cash for every item that someone claims missing. We stand by our process and feel it is in our guest's best interest to allow law enforcement to handle claims such as the one you made. We never take these issues lightly. As in any lodging establishment, valuables must be secured and not left unattended. Our property offers safety deposit boxes for this purpose. We are sorry for your experience, and hope you will return in the future.
Bay Area
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2009

We booked this thru orbitz after reading the good reviews here. Checkin was easy and although we asked for an upgrade after seeing how small the studio is, the front desk clerk refused to accommodate. The room is nicely furnished and clean with a small kitchenette and a balcony that overlooks the parking lot where one can see Wet & Wild in the distance. It would have been nicer if we had a bigger room, oh well, we spent most of the time at the theme parks anyway. Parking was ok, the pool was ok. Overall, decent location and room, service a little lacking though. I wouldn't stay again knowing that there are better hotels in the area for the same price.