I stayed at this hotel during the last two weeks of July 2009.
When I arrived at the hotel I was greated by friendly staff, and throughout my stay these individuals always greated you with a smile and over extended themselves.
I stayed in a two bed suite with my parents.
The appartment that we stayed was on the 3rd floor and as you entered the appartment you was greeted by a small hallway, where there were two separate doors. Room S which was the main suite with a large kitchen, living room and separate master bathroom and separate master bedroom. This room also had a balcony.
I had complete privacy becauses I had my own appartment room H which was an open planned studio with a kitchenette.
In summary the rooms were of a high standard 4.5 plus, the rooms were cleaned every day by polite maids.
The bed was to die for, I had a queen size bed, feather down quilts and pillows for which I could sleep in all day.
I used their private gym, which was small but adequate, there is also a jacuzzi and a large pool outside which was maintained and cleaned regularly.
When you went to the pool area the staff would leave towels carefully prepared for you on the deck chairs.
A fantastic hotel and holiday for which I will be returning to next year 2010.
Just a word of warning, on our first day we asked the only male receptionist to order us a taxi, a man in a ford SUV who was hispanic and did not speak very good English said that he was the taxi.
He took us to WALMART and over charged us by $35 bucks and when i looked in the drivers car I noticed that he was not a registered taxi.
In fact, he was a friend of the hispanic male receptionist.
When I told the female receptionist she looked shocked that i had paid so much to go to walmart.
I did not follow up this issue however if you need a taxi make sure you talk to one of the female receptionists instead of the male one, as they will order a registered taxi.
Also if you can afford it hire a car its a lot cheaper as this is a self catering hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This full-service, all-suite, newly renovated luxury boutique hotel is quaintly tucked in the heart of Orlando on Universal Blvd, just minutes from International Drive and close to Universal Studios. The Point Orlando Resort provides a tranquil Florida experience that will have you feeling right at home. The Studio, 1 Bedroom Suites and 2 Bedroom Suites offer a variety of comfortable accommodations to suit your needs while enjoying resort-style amenities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), TravelUp, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Point Orlando Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Point Orlando Hotel Orlando
- The Point Hotel Orlando
- The Point Orlando Resort Florida