“This is a great hotel, with a great staff, in a great location!”

The Point Hotel & Suites
Ranked #19 of 341 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed 2 June 2010

The Point Orlando Resort is a great hotel. I stayed there with my 2 children May 29-31, 2010. The staff is very professional, courteous, friendly, and knowledgeable. The 1 bedroom suite was great and the king bed was very comfortable. The pool is a good size and at one end the depth goes down to 3 feet and a few inches, which is just right for kids. There is a good fitness center near the pool. The breakfast buffet is really good, too, and came with a large fresh fruit salad and Starbucks coffee. The hotel is within easy walking distance to Wet N Wild and several good restaurants. There was nothing I did not like about the hotel and I would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (4,884)

Reviewed 31 May 2010

the mcdonald clan stayed at the point resort as it is now called for 2 weeks ,magic place to stay ,just off i-drive behind wet and wild water park .we had the 2bedroom 2 bathroom suite loads of room for us 5 adults and 1 child.the double beds were huge and so comfy.the sofa beds not as comfy and they stink,not a dirty smell it is just what they are made out of. maid service is limited, beds made everyday and you had to change the sheets yourself.there is a resort fee of $5 perday to cover things like poolside towels and the maid service ,it is a bit of a con but if you know about it before you go the stylish apartment is well worth it for the wee bit extra.you can walk to universal studios from here its a nice 15-20 min walk . the free shuttle service was great if you wanted togo to the parks all day and i mean all day because they take you there and if you wanted to come back to the hotel it was a 10pm pick up and you were dropped of at 9am still we had a great time and the reception staff were brilliant and so friendly

Reviewed 31 May 2010

My husband and I took our 14 year old and friend to Universal Studios. I found the Point on line and took my chances. We realized after we arrived that the 1 bedroom suite would be too small for us and 2 teenage boys and upgraded to a 2 bedroom suite for, all considering, a minimum charge. What a blessing, and Fabio at the front desk was so accommidating for us. The kitchen was well stocked with new appliances. We are looking forward to returning soon when the full restaurant and tiki bar are finished being built.
A suggestion was made regading guests letting several (15) friends visit the pool. Not sure how they can do that except maybe ask them for they're room number, etc., but there were no towels for the paying guests.
Lauren at the bar was a pleasure to visit with, very sweet.
I suggest anyone looking for a place near the Parks and Wet and Wild to check this place out, you wont be disaPOINTed!!
D. Eddy - Tarpon Springs, FL

Reviewed 22 May 2010

We stayed in a Grand Suite for 10 days and it is bigger than a lot of 1-bedroom flats in London. The staff were friendly and welcoming from the outset and very patient, explaining everything very clearly and helping with any additional queries. The open-plan kitchen was well thought out with a range cooker, microwave, fridge and dishwasher, not to mention a washer/dryer combo and airing cupboard which meant we didn't have to pack as many clothes with us for the 10 days and could easily (and quickly) do one load of washing to replenish us for the week. The bathroom was extremely clean and roomy with a bathtub and shower unit, as well as a linen cupboard. The bedroom was very comfortable and we had a comfortable and clean king bed. All throughout the suite there was a great deal of storage space, which is handy if you are staying a while. There are drawers in the living room area as well as a cupboard, drawers and shelves in the bedroom. In the living room, there was a rather large cupboard by the balcony area that I happened to discover by mistake – it was large enough to fit two large suitcases, a few bags and other junk in there, keeping the rest of the room clutter free. There were enough hangers in the cupboard to store clothes for two people for a week.

There is a high-speed Internet connection in the living room, but this is only via ethernet cable and admittedly I had to ask about where to find it as it was hidden behind the TV. Complementary Wi-Fi service is in the lobby downstairs, though I hope that this is something that the Management hope to introduce to all rooms in the future. For those of you who couldn't be bothered to read the small print when making your booking on sites like hotels.com or listening to the staff at check-in, the $9.95 daily fee is a compulsory resort fee that isn't hidden like others have suggested. Yes, it is an additional charge on top of your reservation and this covers the parking permit, use of the spa and other leisure facilities, the 'daily refresh' service and the high-speed internet in the living room. I'm not sure why they don't bundle it in, but make sure you've read and understood what it's for and that it's there, so that if it does bother you, you know to look elsewhere.

Location-wise, the hotel is very well placed. If you're silly enough to follow a sat-nav/GPS and not look at a map of the area beforehand, of course you will have difficulty finding the place as the sat-nav/GPS will direct you along the main road and leave you having to look for a very quick turning. There are THREE ways of accessing the hotel and the parking area – two of which are from main roads – and it is just 20 minutes drive from Orlando International Airport. We weren't really interested in any of the resorts in the area (as we'd come to view a shuttle launch), but it does present a variety of good places to eat in the evening, as well as being well-connected with the I-4 and SR-528 (takes less than an hour to drive up to Titusville or the Kennedy Space Center, and about an hour to drive up to Daytona Beach, both of which are between 60-70 miles away depending on what roads you take).

Things that would've made the stay a lot better would've been having a small safe inside the room for a wallet and documents as it would've saved us carrying extra things we didn't need with us as well as making them easily accessible at the time we did need them (as we locked things up in our suitcases). The view from our window was of a car dealership/garage and a very bright light that shone onto the building – this didn't bother us much as we rarely spent time on the balcony or staring out of the bedroom window anyway and at night the curtains were very good, though I can imagine some people might've been bothered by this.

We stayed at this place for 10 days this May which is probably ideal for couples or solo travellers as the majority of families on summer holidays haven't really peaked yet. We did not expect or want to spend 10 days in a 'hotel' as we're not into being waited on or having somebody tend after us every five minutes. If you're that shallow and/or bothered about having a flat-screen TV in your living area and/or bedroom, do not stay here. To conclude, I felt a great sense of shame reading some of the reviews on here by people who obviously do not show a great deal of self-responsibilty or common sense. The 'daily refresh' service basically does what it does – gives you fresh towels, makes the bed and takes out the rubbish – there is no full-on house-keeping service here as the place is already advertised as being a self-catering condo accommodation, so if you live like a slob and trash the place or leave all your own hairs in the bathplug, don't expect somebody to clean up after you. If you run out of toilet paper at home, don't you change it yourself? That's why they leave you toilet roll in the cupboards. This also applies to why they give you dishwasher powder – if you use the kitchen utensils or crockery they provide for you, you should be old and mature enough to at least clean something yourself. Obviously, if there's something like already dirty linen or whatnot on your first night of stay, then you should take this up with the management, but all in all, IF YOU CANNOT BE BOTHERED TO CLEAN UP AFTER YOURSELF OR TAKE SOME ACCOUNTABILITY FOR THE WAY YOU ARE OR THE WAY YOU BEHAVE WHEN STAYING IN ACCOMMODATION OTHER THAN YOUR OWN HOUSE, DO NOT COME HERE. This also includes leaving your valuables slung around the place – I'm not excusing any actions where things have allegedly been taken in other reviews, but it's simple – if you don't leave it lying around or in an unlocked case then it doesn't get stolen. We were able to leave over £5000 of our professional photographic equipment, plus a laptop and other valuables safely in our room by simply using common sense and locking them up in our cases when we were not in the room.

2  Thank version3point1
Reviewed 22 May 2010

First let me say I want this hotel to have a 4 1/2 rating but hey no halves. We got a good rate with the Orlando card getting 4 nights for the price of 3 nights. Fabio checked us in with a warm welcome. We were put in a room on the first floor and I noticed it only had a shower and realized it was a handicap room. I asked Fabio if he had rooms available with the tub and separate shower. He apologized for the mistake and got us in a new room right away. Great guest service.

The room is a little smaller than I imagined but at a little over 700 square is better than what you get in a chain hotel. Our room had the separate king bedroom and a full kitchen. I recommend the full kitchen if you are staying for a bit, eating out gets old. The mattress in the bedroom was not to firm and not too soft. I have a bad back that acts up if the mattress isn't quite right and my back didn't hurt at all.

The only negative comment I have is that the maid service check the furniture more closely. My wife sat in the dining chair without knowing there was some small dots of chocolate smeared on the chair thus getting all over her pants.. yes my friends it definitely was chocolate. I didn't tell the front desk because there is a washer and dryer in the room so the pants were cleaned right away.

The pool area is very nice. I notice they have a bar/tiki area but it was not in use at the time of our visit. The water in the pool is a little chilly. There is construction going on next to the pool area where I believe they are building a new tower for the hotel. It wasn't noisy at the time we were there it it looks like construction was in the beginning phase.

Location of this hotel is pretty great. It is right in the middle of everything. A two minute drive to Universal, a walk to Wet and Wild and 5-10 minute drive to shopping. I would definitely stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
rossmburke, General Manager at The Point Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2010

Dear valued guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide such invaluable feedback regarding your stay experience at The Point Orlando Resort. We strive to maintain the highest standards in cleanliness and guest service and your comments will help ensure that. One point of interest I would like to correct is that the construction currently taking place at the resort belongs to a Pool Bar & Grill schedule for completion by the end of June. Rest assured we will do our best to ensure that the impact remains as inoccuous as possible to our guests. Thank you once again for making The Point Orlando Resort your destination location and we look forward to your next visit with us when you will be able to enjoy this added amenity.

Reviewed 19 May 2010

We stayed in the junior suite a weekend in May. The hotel was okay but with what we paid staying at a Hampton in would have been just as nice. The decor in the rooms is nice but the TVs aren't flat screens. The pool and the hot tub were really nice. It was great that we could bring our own drinks to the pool. They are missing out on making money by not having a tiki bar but oh well we brought our own beer down. We had a nice view of the pool from pur room 905H. The microwave and kitchenette was great but we didn't use it. There was free high speed internet in the room but not wifi so my boyfriend and i could only check our mail one at a time with our individual lap tops.

Reviewed 17 May 2010

Our trip started off with a phone call, where the reservations agent was very helpful and nice. Once we arrived the welcome was very good, the desk agent checked us in very quickly and efficiently. We asked the front desk agent for some advice on where to have dinner in the downtown area and he gave us an extensive list of places to chose from.
With regards to the room, it is very nice. It has everything one could want or need. However I have two cons about it, the first being that the A/C kept blowing air onto the bed in the middle of the night, which woke me up a few times. And I would recommend asking for a high floor room that does not face the parking lot. I say this because rooms located on the ground floor that give way to the parking lot might be surprised by headlights beeming into the bedroom in the middle of the night.
Lastly, the hotel provides a shuttle to Universal only once a day in the morning and back in the evening. My friend and I did not want to take the car and the walk is no walk in the park.Therefore I would recommend to the hotel to provide a shuttle around lunch time for those late risers.
Otherwise the hotel is in excellent condition, clean, the staff is very friendly.
I would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with friends