“Kids Loved It”

Disney's All-Star Movies Resort
Ranked #142 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed 21 September 2011

The last time we stayed at a Disney hotel, my kids were 3 and 1 and we stayed at the Boardwalk Resort. Hated the fact that we shared buses and boats with so many other resorts, plus the LONG walks to the room, especially at the cost per night ($250+) The kids have since fallen in love with both 101 Dalmations and Toy Story, and after I did the math on how many trips we could've had for the cost of our Boardwalk stay, we chose All-Star Movies for this trip (they are now 6 and 3.)

We checked in at 8am on a Sunday morning. Our room had not yet been assigned, so they issued our Key to the World cards so that we could go play in the parks and texted us several hours later with our room number. We were assigned to the Mighty Ducks, which we initially were upset about. (We had requested 101 Dalmations or Toy Story, but since these are considered "preferred location" rooms, they come with an added cost. We were hoping, since it was the off-season, that we'd get an upgrade.)

It turns out, we were in a great location. A bit of a walk to the bus stop (comparable to our walk at the Boardwalk Inn, but for about 1/3 of the price!), but not only did we pass 101 Dalmations every time we came and went, we were also just steps away from the quiet and often close-to-empty Duck Pond swimming pool. (We did swim at the Fantasia pool one day, but finding an umbrella table was MUCH easier at the Duck Pond Pool, and there were always a lot less people swimming there.)

Our room was clean and had been recently updated. The tile in the shower needed some regrouting, but otherwise, the room as a whole was fine. A bit lacking in table space (you have a small table, a nightstand with a clock, a telephone, and an ethernet connection on it, and a small counter by the sink), but you get what you pay for.

My 3 year old spilled something onto the sheets during an afternoon break one day. We mentioned it to the front desk as we left for the parks later that night, and even though we said we'd be gone for at least four hours (so there was no rush to deal with it), they said they'd change the sheets immediately. (And sure enough, they were fresh and clean when we got back.) Great service.

We stayed during the off season and only shared a bus with the other All-Star resorts two times; the rest of the time, we had dedicated bus service just for our resort. (When we stayed during the off season at the Boardwalk, we shared buses and boats with the Yacht and Beach Club and Swan and Dolphin, which meant getting from our hotel to the parks took a lot longer than it did this time around.) The only drawback is that the bus lines are set up in queues (not needed at the larger resorts) and aren't covered, so you are subjected to the elements. It didn't rain while we were there, but we would've liked a bit of respite from the sun beating down on us. Again, you get what you pay for, and the overhangs aren't worth the additional cost of a moderate or deluxe resort for our family.

My only "complaint" was when housekeeping knocked on our door when the Do Not Disturb sign was up. They had confused our room number with someone who had called needing something. It wasn't a big deal, as we were awake and just hanging out.

The food court can get crazy during peak hours, and since it was the off-season, some of the areas weren't always open. We only visited the food court once.

I have stayed at Pop Century in the first year that it was open, and find it to be overly large and crowded, even during the off-season. We'll have three kids during our next trip, so we'll either stay at the All-Stars again (kids under age 3 don't count toward the room limit of four people) or will likely end up staying at an off-site timeshare-type place.

Room Tip: The dining plan is usually NOT worth the price! Disney is pushing it for a reason. Do the math on...
There are newer reviews for Disney's All-Star Movies Resort

Reviewed 20 September 2011

I love this place. It is the best place on earth. kinda like snapple

The beds are comfy cozy for two. I always leave a bed next to us cause we don't have kids. We enjoy the fun time family aspect of the pool. Families all together and sharing there happy Disney experiences together. The showers are nice and we really like the cheap rate.

GOD BLESS ALL STAR MOVIES AND SPORTS. I REALLY LOVE THE SPORTS ALL STAR SO FUN!!

Room Tip: all the rooms are great at all the all-star resorts. my tip would be just to go there and enjoy yo...
Reviewed 20 September 2011

My family of four had a fantastic stay at Disney's All-Star Movie Resort. My husband and I, along with our two sons (3yrs & 2yrs), were very comfortable in the room. I was worried about the size of the room at first but was amazed at how well we all managed a one room setting for 7 nights! We stayed at the Toy Story wing of the hotel. I would suggest this wing to any family with young kids! It was amazing! I think it is the best decorated section on this resort! Honestly, I looked at EVERY resort Disney has to offer before choosing this particular resort. We decided this trip was going to be all about the kids. This hotel is the perfect spot for young kids. The pool is perfect and entertainment is to be found around every corner. If you are reading these reviews like I did before our trip, I hope you find comfort in mine! I would book this same stay again in a skinny minute! :) We've already said we are requesting the very same room when we go again! Good luck to all you planners out there and I hope your decision in a Disney hotel turns out as positive as ours did! Have a magical day and future trip to the one and only Walt Disney World!!!

1  Thank Krystal S
Reviewed 19 September 2011

Keep in mind these are the cheapest room rates for any WDW resort. You get extra magical hours, free disney transportation services, most of the other perks to being a disney resort guest. While this resort is no where near my favorite, when you factor in how much cheaper it is to stay here rather than say the Polynesian you have to give the place credit. There are four or five differenct themed "hotels" in the movie resort. We stayed in the Toy Story hotel that featured a model of andy's room with a buzz lightyear taller than the three story hotel, a Woody just as big, Bo Peep and Rex that were taller than me along with other toys kids can play on. The room is small and the bathroom even smaller. But it was not so small my family of four were uncomfortable. The first thing I did when we got to the room was check for cleanliness. It seemed to be clean, smelled fresh, and each afternoon that we were in the room the housekeeping manager would knock on the door wanting to check the room if we weren't in it or ask us questions if we were. Check in time is at 4 pm but we got our room around 10 am. We left our luggage at the front desk and it was delivered to us within fifteen minutes. The pool is nice and big but no slides for the kids. Their is a coin laundry with vending for detergent. A very nice food court and bar out by the pool. The playground was really nice and the themed decorations were everywhere. Very disney as far as visual appeal goes. Most rooms have two doubles. A word of advice: my four year olds were unable to climb onto their bed without help from me or my husband because the bed is so high. Consider bringing portable toddler bed rails if you have any. My son fell off the bed and hit his chin on the bedside table one night.

Room Tip: Between all star movie, music, and sports it would be easy to find a hotel location that suits your...
Reviewed 17 September 2011

Just returned from a week at this resort. Before our (two adults) trip I was worried about staying here because I figured the resort would be so noisy and crowded with kids. We stayed in the Mighty Ducks building 3. This area was surprisingly quiet besides a few noises coming from the Duck Pond Pool. Whereas noise around the Fantasia Pool was much much worse! The All Star Sports bus stop was closer to our room than the Movies bus stop which made it nice. We never had to wait for a bus for too long and we were out of the room and on our way to a park before most families were up! I thought the rooms were nice.The beds were comfortable. I would have liked a bigger bathroom sink area. The rooms were clean.
My birthday fell in the week that we were there and it was a nice touch that Mickey and Minnie left a birthday message on the phone! I even recieved a signed picture of Mickey with a birthday greeting on it.

We didn't eat that much in the food court. We had the chicken quesadillas one night and it was just so so . One night we had the make your own salad which was very good . The milkshakes were good also! If you timed your meal with everyone else in the resort, it was very crowded and very noisy!!

We used the online check in service before we arrived , so checking in was extremely easy. Checking out was very easy also and using the airline check in was nice and easy.

I would stay here again if I had to, but would proably try another resort next time since there are so many!

Room Tip: Mighty Ducks building 3 , nice and quiet!
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 September 2011

Was there for 2 nights with 2 kids (2 yrs and 4 months). Staff was very friendly, pool is amazing and there is even a movie in the evening outside close to the pool. As with all Disney resort, breakfast is not included but at the restaurant we could eat for 15$ for breakfast. Also there is free shuttle to all disney parks. Only drawbacks are, rooms with double beds instead of queen beds and there were bugs outside the room close to our door flyin the first night. Killed 10 of them and none were seen after. During the first night the cleaning staff removed them from the porch of our room. At 68$ a night this is an absolute steal if you go there with kids.

• Stayed: September 2011
Reviewed 17 September 2011

We stayed at this location the weekend of sept 16. We wanted to stay on Disney property because we were going to the not so scary Mickey halloween party and wanted to use the transportation available at the hotels. Since were going to be at the park all night I didn't see a reason to stay at a top notch resort. We were very pleased with this property. It is very kid friendly and lots to do all over. We stayed in the toy story wing and is located very close to everything. Pool is open until midnight and so is the pool bar. If only my wife and I go to Disney we would prob. Stay at a select resort, but if we bring the kids I would stay here again in a heartbeat!!

• Stayed: September 2011
Also consider these accommodations in or near Orlando
Holiday Inn Orlando – Disney Springs Area
Disney's All-Star Music Resort
Disney's All-Star Sports Resort
Disney's Pop Century Resort
Disney's Art of Animation Resort
Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort

Been to Disney's All-Star Movies Resort? Share your experiences!