“Great Disney Property for price”

Disney's All-Star Movies Resort
Ranked #142 of 339 Hotels in Orlando
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Great Disney Property for price”
Reviewed 22 November 2011

Stayed at the Dalmations Building the first week of October for the inaugural Wine & Dine Disney Half Marathon with the family. The resort is really well kept, grounds and all public areas are clean. Everything from check-in to check out went really smooth, all cast members we encountered were helpful and nice.

My family is used to the timeshare resorts where we have living room, kitchen, bedrooms, etc...so this was a big change for us staying in a motel type of room. Although the rooms were clean, it was a bit cramped for us. There was literally only room for the beds and tv. We did manage to stay the 3 nights without killing each other, but for the price we paid, we survived! hahaha!

Food court was better than we expected, lot's of food options for all three meals. My wife and I were on a diet during our stay and were able to find things we could eat.

Disney transportation to/from the races were great! The kids and I were able to watch my wife run without any problems and get back to the room before the kids got too cranky. As far as transportation to the parks, we did not use the buses since we had a car to drive around in.

All in all...for a quick stay at Disney, I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again, especially since it was under $100/night. Anything longer than a weekend though, I may think twice...

Room Tip: Pay for the additional money for the "preferred" rooms. Totally worth the money, building...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (936)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 21 November 2011

We were outside most of the time, either at theme park or roaming elsewhere. But the stay has been pleasant with the price paid. We stayed at Dalmatians, very near to the shuttle pickup/drop-off points, conceige, pools and foodcourt which is a plus point especially for my father-in-law who had a knee surgery. The shuttle bus was very convenient, didn't have to wait for too long in the queue. Would definitely recommend this hotel to my friends.

Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 20 November 2011

Just came back from a 7 day Disney World trip and stayed at the All-Star Movies. The room was very clean, and the food court was actually better than expected. In the Value category, All Star Movies is now on top of my list, better than Pop Century (which I also liked). There was gluten free options by asking a Chef at the food court. The only draw back was that when I checked in, the amount of people at the counter (2), was grossly inadequate for the amount of people that came off Disney's Magical Express (about 14 families checking in). After complaining to a Manager, all what I got was a 'sorry, that is all the staff we have'. This does not give a good first impression. But other than that it was completely perfect. I never waited more than 10 minutes for a transport to a Theme Park or for Downtown Disney. I was with my cousin, his family and his parents (we had a total of 3 rooms). Housekeeping left my Goofy hat and my Duffy the Disney Bear at different places everyday, as well as the Princess dresses that were hung in the window for the little girls when we left them in the room one day. It was so nice of them, we were actually looking forward to come back to the room to see what they would have done that day! The grounds were immaculate. The larger than life icons were wonderful and they looked so well taken care of, it was like they were new! If you are looking for a place to crash after a theme park day, be surrounded by Disney magic, have clean rooms and looking for affordability, yet staying on site and having access to all the free Disney transport, look no further and book this hotel.

Room Tip: Request a connecting room when you book; that way they will be more willing to accommodate.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Patrick P
Toronto
Reviewed 20 November 2011

We chose All-Star Movies thinking that the giant Buzz Lightyear statue would be a hit with our 3 year old, and we were right!

This resort hotel is perfect for families - easy food court with lots of options for varied tastes, very kid-friendly themes, and the cast members treat you like royalty, even for a value resort.

The room was very clean, and more spacious than expected. Mousekeeping staff are awesome...we came "home" to find our son's Mickey Mouse doll watching TV, or waiting in the window for us.

Buses ran frequently, and were rarely crowded (October off-peak season).

We were thrilled with the choice and value, and would recommend it to families.

If you're a couple looking for a romantic getaway resort...try one of the moderate or deluxe resorts.

Room Tip: Toy Story building 10 was a quiet area away from pools, and just a short walk to the food court and...
2 Thank Cassandra S
Chattanooga, Tennessee
Reviewed 20 November 2011

Like a lot of other reviewers have noted--you're not in your room that much anyway.

That being said, we did have a few mishaps during our stay.

The door card reader failed a few times requiring us to walk back to the main building then back to our room and wait for someone to let us in. This may not seem like a big deal but after a day in a steaming park, it really is. One morning before we left for a park, we realized it was broken, was let in our room, and were told it would be fixed upon our return only to arrive several hours later to find it still broken!! This happened twice.

Also, we requested a mini fridge on-line when we booked, then reaffirmed it again at check-in. We dropped our things off in our room and returned several hours later and guess what? No fridge. So I called the front desk, was told a fridge would be forthcoming and we went to the pool. Two hours later we returned and you guessed it--no fridge!!

The shuttle service was erratic, sometimes buses to other parks would come back again and again while the one we were waiting for wouldn't show up for almost an hour--again not a big deal unless you're the one waiting in line in the middle of June. One time we waited an hour--I'm not kidding--and the driver drove like 5 miles an hour the entire ride to Epcot. You should have heard the comments from the other riders!

In the end, I would still stay there--but drive my own car to the park--the atmosphere at the hotel and at Disney as a whole can't be matched anywhere--the rooms are somewhat dated though.

The staff is awfully friendly--even if they can't seem to fix your door--or deliver your fridge.

Room Tip: Preferred will get you closer.
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank SteveinVa
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 17 November 2011

Stayed here twice during a split stay earlier this month in the Toy Story section. Once in the Woody Bldg and then in the Buzz Bldg. They were still renovating certain floors but they were quick. I loved how the rooms had all new furniture, carpet and curtains. I stayed at Pop last year and I thought their renovated rooms were great. But I really enjoyed All Star Movies. The character statues are really fun for both kids and adults. The food court is nice and so is the store. The lobby is great, with tv for little ones and balloons. If I had to stay here again, I would! If I had to choose between Pop and Movies - I would go with Movies because of the decor.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank JenniePhilly
Aventura, Florida
Reviewed 15 November 2011

Clean, comfortable, beautiful and affordable. Friendly and helpful staff. The food at the Food Court it's a little bit expensive but it's good. I really liked the option of buying a Disney's glass for $15 and be able to refill as many times I want during my stay! The extra magic hours, the free v for the parks and Downtown Disney, free parking at the parks and all the advantages of staying at a Disney's Resort worth it!
If you have kids, i think it's the BEST option! And if it's just you and your spouse, I think it's the BEST option too, hehe.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Orlando
Holiday Inn Orlando – Disney Springs Area
Disney's All-Star Music Resort
Disney's All-Star Sports Resort
Disney's Pop Century Resort
Disney's Art of Animation Resort
Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort

Been to Disney's All-Star Movies Resort? Share your experiences!