“Great Resort for a Great Price!” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Disney's All-Star Movies Resort
Ranked #143 of 335 Hotels in Orlando
Sault Ste. Marie, Canada
“Great Resort for a Great Price!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2013

You're going to be spending enough money else where in Disney World so I suggest going with one of the cheaper resorts in Disney World. All-Star Movies is a great choice! My husband and I stayed here for ten nights in 2011 for our Honeymoon in Disney World.

The rooms are everything you need and always very clean. When we arrived at the resort we didn't get a room with a bath tub (just shower) as we had requested, the front desk explained to us that there just wasn't anything available at the time.. I was pretty bummed because I enjoy soaking my legs and back in a bath tub after a long day at the park. The staff promised when one was available they would let us switch.. and that promise was fulfilled the very next day which I though was amazing service. They make each one of their guests feel extremely special whether you're there just for vacation or if you're there for a birthday, wedding, honeymoon etc.

The food at this resort for us was amazing. The cafeteria style dining had a large variety of selections to choose from. When we wanted a more formal meal we used our dining pass and ate somewhere at the park. This worked very well for us.

To sum things up I can't find anything to complain about with this resort. We will be back.. hopefully sooner rather then later.

Room Tip: I would suggest paying the little bit extra for a closer room.. believe me at the end of the day aft...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Alayna-Beth H

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (900)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
NY
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2013

So I knew going in this is a budget property but since it was Disney and I really wouldn't be spending time in the room, I would give it a shot. I have stayed in 4 of the other higher end Disney hotels and found them to be special but this was just very basic with a few special touches. This hotel feels like its in the middle of nowhere when travelling on the bus system. Between the wait times and actual bus ride, trips to most parks took over 40 minutes. We ended up using our car to go to EPCOT which took just 10 minutes and parked in the 2nd row. The room was slightly better then a Motel 6. Threadbare carpet, a crazy loud fan in the bathroom and a housekeeper who knocked on our door early even though the do not disturb sigh was out. On the plus side, I found the food court to be decent with a lot of choices and the grounds / pool very clean. We stayed in Mighty Ducks and actually used the bus stop at the All Stars Music hotel. This was a much shorter walk then go to the actual hotel stop. In summary, I would spend a few extra bucks and stay at the next level up if you really want to stay on Disney property.

2 Thank raincheck10
Macomb, Michigan
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2013

When we arrived we were greeted by friendly staff. When we got to the room, it was filthy and dusty, It looked like it wasn't cleaned for weeks.We stayed here for 5 nights. Lots of cockroaches, spiders and some bugs I have never seen before in my life.
Would never stay here again

Room Tip: You are better off to pay a little bit more and stay at the nicer resorts at Disney
2 Thank Nevzeta
Woodridge, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2013

I've stayed in the all-star resorts before, but as a child, so the details didn't occur to me or bother me, but back then the resorts were newer. we didn't have any issues while check in, i had checked in online, so we waited in a shorter line and were helped with in a few minutes. when we got our keys to the room we were super excited, we get to the room and go about checking out the room. to find that the fridge was recalled, and that we were to not plug it back in. we had brought groceries, that needed refrigeration, so we called the front desk. they said to go to the gift shop in the lobby and buy a Styrofoam cooler, and then have it refunded at the front desk. fine, but when i got to the front desk for a refund it was must have been union break time or something, i stood there and waited for about 20 minutes, while lines got longer, and longer. finally free from that, we go to put ice into the cooler and the machine wasn't working (toy story block Woody's side) in fact none in that block worked. we had to head to the other block to get ice, another 30 minutes down. after we came back from dinner i told the front desk, and they said they would send someone out. the next day we needed to replace our ice, and it was working, so i guess they did. the room itself was clean. the comforter on one of the bed's seam was ripping out, and starting to really show it's age. one of the chairs in the room was all ripped up on one seam. the light in the bathroom seemed to need some persuading when it came to actually coming on. but really no other problems, we rarely stayed in the room, we only used it when we needed sleep or just a place to cool off. and if you are going in august. don't expect the pool to be cold. it's like a giant bathtub with fountains.

Room Tip: Toy story building is pretty quiet, no pools=not a lot of kids. preferred rooms are closer to front...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Amy O
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2013

The hotel was situated at the back end of the disney property. Far away from magic kingdom.
The room was very basic but clean. The bathroom was very small and cramped. The sink was basically in the hall with an open hanging space and separated from the room with a curtain.
The bedding was poor. Just a sheet and thin blanket with no duvet.
The food court was expensive with limited choice of meals.
The buses for transport to the theme parks took a long time to arrive. On the return trips there were not enough buses with people waiting in a long queue. One bus had a fault and we had to wait ages for a replacement.

Room Tip: Ask to stay in a block close to the reception/food court.
1 Thank Imraan J
Miami Lakes, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2013 via mobile

Went for my daughters birthday this past week. Upon arrival, we felt very welcomed with the check in staff. My daughter even got some crayons, coloring paper, and a balloon. She was in heaven and so were we. The big disappointment came when we entered the room. Faded carpets which use to have the Disney logos are all gone. Cheap towel racks now have rust spots all over. Bathroom towels are extremely small. Bedroom bed cover had a stain (inside, under the sheet). Bathroom tiles seem dirty especially where the toilet meets the tile floor (black stain). Wall electrical socks are upside down and hardly secured our blowdryers. I found this experience to be so "not Disney." Lastly, we heard some cleaning ladies screaming in the hallway. I wasn't sure what they were talking about but it was surely a heated conversation. Don't these employees know NOT to have such personal discussions in the hallway where guests are coming and going? I'm done with these hotels. Off to another property.

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank FIUPANTHER
Charlottesville, Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2013

First, let me say that I love Disney! I had not been in 5 years and was looking forward to it being just myself and my 13-year old. I knew up front that the rooms were small, but for 2 it was fine. The rooms were always clean and fresh. Except for the time tht the maid took the toliet paper dispenser and did not replace it or the paper. Had to use tissues for 1 night.

At the time we were there none of the refrigerators were working. It wasn't something new, the refigerators had a laminate sign on them. I had medicine that needed refrigerated, would have been nice to have been made aware of that. The pool does not allow any sort of floats. Wish I had known that up front. I'm not really a swimmer but a floater..hahaha. But it is always open and activities nearby for children.

There is a food court that is open until about midnight. Food is pretty good for fast/ cafeteria food. We ate dinner there 3 nights and 1 breakfast. The resort mug is great for the free refills.

There is transportion provided but be prepared, it is slow and often very crowded with either you standing in the aisle or people packed in around you. A trip to the Downtown Disney area took 45 minutes without any other stops.

I had way too many issues/ situations that came up. First, found out our room key did not work at 3AM. Had to leave an exhausted sleeping 13-yr old sitting outside our door while I made the trac down to the front desk. No one ever came to fix the door after 3 calls/ talks. Finally requested to change rooms and to be moved to the 1st floor. After a hassel and changing buildings, it was done. There was some rude women power washing the room windows while yelling into her cell phone with the person on the other end on speaker, so I got to hear both sides of the story but it was in Spanish, so I didn't understand. I finally asked her to be quiet and she got rude with me and told me she was talking with her supervisor. I was told that I could pick up my park tickets that I had purchased on-line at the front desk, not-didn't work. Still had to go to the park and stand in line to pick them up. Was told that I could upgrade the tickets at the resort, nope didn't work. Was not the Disney experience that I was hoping for....not even close.

Room Tip: Ask for first floor, some of the rooms on the 3rd floor are far from a elevator. Ask a lot of quest...
1 Thank Vondar1
Also consider these accommodations in or near Orlando
Holiday Inn Orlando – Disney Springs Area
Disney's All-Star Music Resort
Disney's All-Star Sports Resort
Disney's Pop Century Resort
Disney's Art of Animation Resort
Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort

Been to Disney's All-Star Movies Resort? Share your experiences!