“Dirty rooms ,rude workers , not worth the $$$ !!!”

Disney's All-Star Movies Resort
Ranked #139 of 337 Hotels in Orlando
Chardon, Ohio
“Dirty rooms ,rude workers , not worth the $$$ !!!”
Reviewed 7 May 2014

We arrived on may 1,2014 . We have reserved connecting rooms, due to having 2 adults and 6 Kids . They were not connecting . Got into our rooms and had to request them to come clean them due to feces all over the wall and curtain . We had left while they were
taking down the curtain .
We arrived back late that evening , trying to get situated and my 4 yr old nephew was chewing on something . I asked him what it was and he spit out a bolt . I went to ask my other half where he thought it was from and he noticed the bolts and poles where still down on the bed . My nephew could have choked . They did give me a small refund but not much .
On tues morning we were woke up by a leaf blower outside our door at 9 am . I called they apologized .
Now Wednesday our connecting room we reserved has a family staying there that obviously was probally drinking to much because after 20+ minutes of their baby screaming I went to call front desk .
After they answered I asked for a manager I Waited for several min to have her get back and say mam I lost her , Please Hold . So I hung up and went down to the lobby at 4:45am to wait until 5 am for the manager to get there . The manager finally arrived and was ABSOLUTELY RUDE.
Telling me she had to wait until 6-7am for a manager that could do something . I cant go back to bed now so I'm currently waiting for this manager to get here . Also there bus transportation is very bad and unreliable . I would absolutely never recommend this resort to anyone :( a waste of $$$ . If this is the Disney Experience you can keep it !!

• Stayed May 2014
4 Thank Angeladay99

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (923)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Mandaluyong, Philippines
Reviewed 7 May 2014

The Disney All-Star Movies Resort is an OK place to stay when you're visiting Disneyworld.

It's nothing fancy. The room is old, but it's big enough for four people to fit (at least for what we booked). There's a big pool where you can choose to take a dip after a tiring day of walking and lining up. If you're hungry, the cafeteria serves decent food.

Some tips:
1. Link your credit card to your Magic Band (Will be given to you when you check in) to make it very convenient for you to buy stuff inside the resort and the parks.
2. This is the last stop of the buses that go to the All-Star Resorts, but you don't have to worry about that when you leave early in morning before the parks open.

Room Tip: Get a room that near the pool and cafeteria area so you don't have to walk that far.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Atlanta
Reviewed 7 May 2014

I hate to give this place a mediocre rating, because the service is good and overall, I had a good experience there. But it's like staying at a Days Inn. That's ok because that's what I signed up for, and I appreciated being able to stay on the property at a reasonable rate. This is the part where I am grateful I saved us several hundred dollars by staying there instead of a nicer property.

Check in was smooth and flawless. Parking was plentiful. My daughter was handed a balloon and a "first time" button. We were off to the room in minutes. I immediately got lost, as there's not good signage for the buildings, which are named for Disney movies.

Our room was fine. Pretty small, but fine. The shower was fine and the water pressure was great, but there was some grout missing from the tiles. We were on the 3rd floor at the very end, so our room was very quiet. There was a mini fridge. Skimpy bathroom towels. Plastic cups, which we used all of the first day and they were never replenished. Need a pack and play? They will bring one right up.

I didn't like the food court all that much. Not really my kind of food. I wished it stayed open later (closes at midnight). I wish I could have purchased some good coffee on the property. The buffet/serve yourself setup is really hard if you have very young children. We had a hard time finding a table in the mornings. Many people carry their food on a tray and bring it back to their room.

Free wifi. Gift shop on premises.

The buses worked great for us, better than I anticipated really. Little wait.

Big pool, kind of generic looking but appeared to have plenty of seats. Video game arcade.

Room Tip: Ask for top floor away from elevator to avoid noise. Ask for a close building to avoid long walks...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 May 2014

We stayed at all star movies for 2 weeks over the Easter holidays. The hotel is one of the budget Disney hotels and is very good value for money. The rooms are clean with a daily maid service. Some reviews have said rooms were a bit on the small side but as we only slept there didn't find this to be an issue. The food court is what it is, 3 stations serving different types of fast food, this was fine for breakfast and snack type lunch but would have been disappointed to eat all meals here. We were on the DDP so had a table service meal everyday at a nice restaurant. The swimming pool was lovely with 3 very diligent lifeguards so felt more than happy letting our 8yr old swim on her own. Hotel
very close to all the Disney parks and the transportation is very slick, no longer than a 10 min wait. There are washing and drying facilities for only $2 each so no need to take many clothes especially if you are going to hit the outlets. Recommendation to getting to vineyard outlets is to take the free bus from the hotel to downtown Disney and then take a taxi approx $12 rather than the $20 per person the hotel charges for the shuttle. If you are thinking of doing a lot of shopping take an empty suitcase and fill as you go round rather than carrying lots of bags. Another tip if you are going to visit seaworld again take the
free bus to downtown Disney and then take a lynx bus for only $2 per person, children travel free in the bus. Overall a great holiday and would recommend if you are looking for cheap clean accommodation. If you are doing a Disney holiday you will be spending all your time at the parks having fun and collapsing with exhaustion at the end of the day !

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank adamsp
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 5 May 2014

At the end of our Indian Shores vacation we decided to spend an extra day in Florida and chose to spend a day at the park & a night at Disney's All-Star Movies hotel. This was our first time at a value resort (we typically stay at the moderate or deluxe villa Hotels).

The lobby and front of the hotel is very clean, and the staff great (as you would expect from Disney). I assumed that the hotel might be a little run down, but it wasn't! The room wasn't big but the furnishings & bathroom were modern and clean. Might even say looking new.

Room Tip: We were in building #2 (Mighty Ducks) which was closer to the All-Star Music hotel so we walked ther...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Dutch_Tiger
Hope Hull, Alabama
Reviewed 5 May 2014 via mobile

I wouldn't normally pay $90 for a motel 6 quality room but considering it was Disney it was ok. The rooms were extremely clean. The staff was very friendly and helpful and went out of their way to hunt down my fedex package that was delivered to the wrong place. Considering it contained my forgotten heart meds I was very grateful! Great range of food in the food court. Busses pick up right in front of the hotel for all theme parks with only a very short wait. I'm handicapped and all drivers during my 6 day stay were very helpful in transporting me and my ECV.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank agriffi8
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 1 May 2014

We spent five days at Disney World staying at the All Star Movies resort. The room was clean and comfortable and we had a quiet room away from the pool and common areas. Value resorts have a cafeteria style dining area. We have been to All-Star resorts in the past and been happy - this was no exception. Here are a few changes since our last visit:

1. You can purchase a mug that gives you unlimited drinks - with coffee at $2.50 per cup, it adds up fast. The price for the mug varies by the number of days you want to have it valid. There is a chip in the mug that is read by the soda machines and the soda will only dispense when you have purchased a mug valid for that day. It used to be that you would buy one of these mugs and they would let you bring them back on your next trip - no more.

2. you are issued a wristband which is your room key. If you are not booking with a group, it is also your park pass. You can link a credit card to the wristband for one or more of your party. Warning - there is a maximum charge limit put on the card charges - they don't tell you this and it can be increased, but in our case it led to a little embarrassment when our charge at a sit-down restaurant was declined

Disney is renowned for their customer service and the meals are of very high quality considering it is a cafeteria style restaurant. A few things to be aware of:

a. All Disney resorts handle food allergies (gluten, lactose intolerance, etc) very well - just ask.
b. Would like to have more accessible electrical outlets in the room, but this is a small issue
c. Our bathroom didn't have a separate switch for the fan vs. the light, making it harder to avoid waking up others in the room if visiting the bathroom during the night. Other rooms had separate switches - not sure why ours didn't.
d. Buses are often shared between the three all-star resorts - if it is a busy time you may not get the bus you want on the first try (Movies is the last of the three All-Star stops)

Room Tip: If you want quiet, avoid facing the pool or quad areas - they can be loud. If you have young kids u...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Moved2Texas
Also consider these accommodations in or near Orlando
Holiday Inn Orlando – Disney Springs Area
Disney's All-Star Music Resort
Disney's All-Star Sports Resort
Disney's Pop Century Resort
Disney's Art of Animation Resort
Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort

Been to Disney's All-Star Movies Resort? Share your experiences!