“Disney quallity without all the fanciness.”

Disney's All-Star Movies Resort
Ranked #140 of 337 Hotels in Orlando
Warwick, New York
“Disney quallity without all the fanciness.”
Reviewed 11 May 2014

I agree with Peyton 26 this is a good place to stay. It is not fancy at all but if you are just using the room to sleep in it is very good. Second time staying at the all stars hotel. The second time I i visited I was given a room that had two bathrooms and a separate bedroom. That was pretty cool. Getting something to eat at that hotel is sometimes a bit hectic. Free transportation to the parks is great. Overall a good experience. First stay was at the All Star Movies and second stay was at the all star Music. They are in close proximity to each other.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (923)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Orlando, Florida, United States
Reviewed 9 May 2014

I have stayed all over the WDW resort. This is my first allstar experience. From the beginning, I found myself really trying to keep an open mind. Check in took quite a bit of time because they could not locate our magic bands and reservation. Not a big deal, but a child was climbing ON the check in counter and almost kicked my child in the face. The staff never told this kid to get down. My check in host was very distracted by her fellow cast member, laughing and joking as opposed to actually paying attention to the guests. Fine, but a bit irritating. We stayed in the toy story building. My daughter loved this. My husband noted that they put a sharp holly bush around the main character statues, perhaps to keep kids out? Yikes.

So the rooms....
The rooms are very small. The reason I titled this a motel, is because that is EXACTLY what it is. The windows look out over various views but people can walk in front of your window, motel style. The door has safety signs regarding crime, and we had a pizza flyer under our door. Now, while it's not ideal size, the space isn't bad. We were able to keep our single stroller open, and had room for bags. The bathroom is small. The toilet is knee bump length away. The sheets were clean, but the room smelled a bit musty and my asthma acted up, which usually indicates dampness or mold. I also noticed a lovely curly "body" hair on the tile upon arrival. Ewwww. The tub is a great size and my little one had plenty of bathing space. There is available hanging racks near the sink, as well as an iron and board.

The pool is very nice. It's large and not too deep, and there is a cute splash pad for the little ones. My daughter enjoyed the kids games on the deck as well. We didn't use the bus system as we are fl residents so we drove and find the buses to be too stressful.
There is a playground between the pool and toy story that my daughter enjoyed, although all the benches were coated in bird droppings.
The parking was easy, no complaints!
The gift shop is well stocked, and has a drink section.
The food court is best visited an hour or two before or after normal meal times. We did lunch at 1:30 and had no issues and plenty of options for seating.
The reusable drink mugs are a great idea, and the beverage station stays open late.
The food court has great options, even for healthy eaters like me.

All in all, this is what it looks like a disneyed up motel style building with the minimum stuff required to make it acceptable. If you are visiting and have four people and do not plan to be in the room, then this will save you money. If you have young kids, they will love it. Make memories regardless of where you are staying and enjoy your family as they are right now, and that comes standard wherever you stay.

Room Tip: Toy story, fantasia and Dalmatians are all close to everything. Higher rooms aren't a bad thing.
4 Thank Kylee L
Easton, Maryland
Reviewed 8 May 2014

My husband, myself and 2 kids ages 6 and 8 stayed a week at this hotel. This was our first trip to Disney/Florida. The hotel was great. Nothing fancy but had everything you needed. I read some of these reviews (ex-angeladay99) and find them very hard to believe. Room was clean & comfortable, pool was great, staff very attentive, nice food court, prompt transportation, and felt very organized. I was hesitant to book a 'value resort' but I'm glad I did. Perfect trip and will return to this hotel again. I definitely recommend paying the little extra for a preferred room. The rooms are the same but the building you stay in localized around all the amenities. It requires a lot less walking.

Room Tip: get the preferred room
Covington, Kentucky
Reviewed 8 May 2014

If you're travelling with children and looking for a budget motel that has all of the "Disney-guest-privileges", this is a good place to stay. However, if you want anything more than, simply, a place to sleep and shower after a long day at the park, you'll definitely want to upgrade to a higher-priced resort.

Pros: Disney "Magic Band" access, All transportation provided (within the resort as well as to/from the Orlando Airport), Refrigerator in room, Friendly staff, pleasant outside atmosphere.

Cons: Old concrete buildings; worn carpet, tiny skimpy towels (and not enough of them), Food Court is ridiculously expensive and the quality is marginal, rooms are not sound-resistant at all.

Had I not been taking a 13 year old on this trip, I would have never considered staying at the All Star Resorts. However, with this being her first trip to Disney, I knew that we wouldn't be hanging out in the hotel room at all. (I have been at the resort two previous times in the late 90's when my other daughter was very young) That said, if I had to do it all over again, I would have stayed at a nicer facility on the Disney property.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that is not near the pool area, as it is quite loud when the pool is open.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Peyton26
Richmond, Kentucky
Reviewed 7 May 2014

Perfect place to stay. Loved the Fantasia Pool. We stayed in the Fantasia hotel this time. Still wish they'd add a microwave. But we enjoyed our stay there. Lots of rain this time but other than that most, not all but most the staff were friendly & we loved our stay there.

Chardon, Ohio
Reviewed 7 May 2014

We arrived on may 1,2014 . We have reserved connecting rooms, due to having 2 adults and 6 Kids . They were not connecting . Got into our rooms and had to request them to come clean them due to feces all over the wall and curtain . We had left while they were
taking down the curtain .
We arrived back late that evening , trying to get situated and my 4 yr old nephew was chewing on something . I asked him what it was and he spit out a bolt . I went to ask my other half where he thought it was from and he noticed the bolts and poles where still down on the bed . My nephew could have choked . They did give me a small refund but not much .
On tues morning we were woke up by a leaf blower outside our door at 9 am . I called they apologized .
Now Wednesday our connecting room we reserved has a family staying there that obviously was probally drinking to much because after 20+ minutes of their baby screaming I went to call front desk .
After they answered I asked for a manager I Waited for several min to have her get back and say mam I lost her , Please Hold . So I hung up and went down to the lobby at 4:45am to wait until 5 am for the manager to get there . The manager finally arrived and was ABSOLUTELY RUDE.
Telling me she had to wait until 6-7am for a manager that could do something . I cant go back to bed now so I'm currently waiting for this manager to get here . Also there bus transportation is very bad and unreliable . I would absolutely never recommend this resort to anyone :( a waste of $$$ . If this is the Disney Experience you can keep it !!

• Stayed May 2014
4 Thank Angeladay99
Mandaluyong, Philippines
Reviewed 7 May 2014

The Disney All-Star Movies Resort is an OK place to stay when you're visiting Disneyworld.

It's nothing fancy. The room is old, but it's big enough for four people to fit (at least for what we booked). There's a big pool where you can choose to take a dip after a tiring day of walking and lining up. If you're hungry, the cafeteria serves decent food.

Some tips:
1. Link your credit card to your Magic Band (Will be given to you when you check in) to make it very convenient for you to buy stuff inside the resort and the parks.
2. This is the last stop of the buses that go to the All-Star Resorts, but you don't have to worry about that when you leave early in morning before the parks open.

Room Tip: Get a room that near the pool and cafeteria area so you don't have to walk that far.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Orlando
Holiday Inn Orlando – Disney Springs Area
Disney's All-Star Music Resort
Disney's All-Star Sports Resort
Disney's Pop Century Resort
Disney's Art of Animation Resort
Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort

Been to Disney's All-Star Movies Resort? Share your experiences!