“Beautiful hotel at a great value”

Disney's All-Star Movies Resort
Ranked #143 of 338 Hotels in Orlando
Levittown, New York
“Beautiful hotel at a great value”
Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

My daughter and I stayed here for Princess run weekend, we had an amazing experience. The rooms for the value were beyond excellent. The food was great, the staff was friendly and helpful. Information on bus pick up for marathon was well organized. We had an amazing time and look forward to returning to another all star resort possible music.

Stayed February 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (931)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Lexington, North Carolina
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Upon a return from a Magical Disney Cruise Line Vacation I decided to extend my stay in central Florida and go to Disney for a week after my Disney Cruise. When I checked in things were OK. No one offered to help me with my bags. I told the lady who checked me in about a tendon injury in my foot and was trying to see if I could get something more centrally located. Nope, I was put out in the furthermost building from the lobby and bus. Then in a fully accessible handicap room where I was uncomfortable, Then my refrigerator didn't work and I called for someone to help me and no one ever came. My room also adjoined to someone else who was loud. I decided ok, you get get what you pay for right? Just stay here, well that was until I got on the bus. I decided to go to downtown Disney because I needed to fix my running shoes before a race that was at the end of the week with Run Disney. All was well on the ride over but the Movies is the last bus to pick up and drop off. Upon my return the bus was letting people off at all 3 all star resorts and people were litterally having to push to get off the bus because no one was stopping others from getting on the bus. After the push/shove ordeal I went to the concierge. Where the lady helping me was nice and trying to find something that would work. The cast member on the other line actually told the lady who was helping me "guest are going to be loud during the day." But that cast member did speak up for me and helped me get situated at a moderate resort quickly and carefully as there was a big group doing stuff at ESPN and they wanted to make sure the problem I was having with some of the guest at the All Star Resort didn't re appear at other resorts. Do put out the money for a moderate, you won't regret it.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
4 Thank travelgrl4life
South Beloit, Illinois
Reviewed 12 May 2014

The rooms are pretty small but worked for us. The beds were rock hard. It took awhile to get to the parks since its the farthest hotel. It definitely needs some remodeling. All the food was really gross. Just made in bulk to serve all the people. I would stay here again but there are other places that I would want to stay at.

1 Thank cubschick1
Richmond Hill, New York
Reviewed 12 May 2014

I am just returning from my great expierence at WDW, it is so fresh in my mind I wish I was still there. Travelled with my son two and a half and my wife. We selected this resort specifically to stay in Andy's Room of the toy story section. When I travel I read all the trip advisor reviews, especially the bad ones. I must say, this was a woderful vacation and many of the negative reviews seem very unwarranted.

Check In - Was a breeze, my wife utilized the online check in with our My Disney Expierence App. Our bands were ready and we skipped a few people waiting on the general Check IN/OUT line. A great way to save time. More on the APP later. They gave my son a special gift as it was his first time to disney.

Room - As stated before, we selected this hotel because of the toy story building. We requested this room months/weeks/days in advance you name it. The room is not as small as everyone suggests but its not lavishly big. Any more than 2 adults 2 kids would really be pushing it. Bathroom was CLEAN, no mildew & tiles were clean. Not one bug seen in our room. Refrigerator was new and worked fine. A.C. was cool at 68 degrees the entire stay. I could not hear a peep through the walls, many people say its thin and you can hear your neighbors. I didnt hear anything. If your really about staying in your room maybe WDW is not for you. Our room was comfortable for our stay. FREE Wifi made streaming video very easy. Safe is small but I fit my ipad, wallet, wifes wallet and some of her jewelery inside easily.

Hotel - Clean, well kept, beautiful. Taking pictures in Andy's Room with Giant Buzz and Woody were great. Don't forget every childs favorite RC, our son loved to jump in a take a PIC. Fantasia pool was beautiful with sorcerer Mickey standing proud. Food Court was clean and well kept will get into food in just a bit. Lobby was nice with a giant connect four, decor of our favorite movies. Gift shop had just about everything disney you needed.

Transportation - At the last minute I decided to rent a car for our trip. This was like travelling like a king. While everyone waited for buses we zoomed to restaurants and theme parks in minutes. By staying at a WDW Resort you get free parking to all theme parks. Sorry I couldnt give you how the buses run but I did see them all the time so they were running frequently.

Food - So with the My Disney Expierence App, you can make reservations months in advance. We ended up not eating at our resort because we booked reservations at other hotels. This is where the car we rented came in handy most. Traveling to resaturants was easy this way. We did eat a Maya Grill @ Coranado Springs very good food tex/mex. At Magic Kingdom we had a character buffet lunch at magic Kingdom crystal palace and dinner at the plaza restaurant. We had a nice breakfast buffet at OHANA at the Polynesian Hotel. At Holllywood Studios we ate at Pizza Planet and finished our Vacation at Chef Mickeys at the Contemporary Resort. Food was good. Every place has something nice. I suggest booking your reservations as early as possible. There is a Mcdonalds not to far from resort we grabbed breakfast there before we went to parks for magical hours.

Our Vacation was great, I cant wait to go back. The All Star Movies Resort was a good resort. I truley do not understand why people had bad things to say. Its a Disney Motel makes no sense to me and I've travelled to some of the best places in my life. It is a value resort dont get me wrong but its not cheap. If you prefer to save some money on the hotel and rather spend more at the parks/restaurants/rent a car. This is a great place to stay. The staff was friendly they bent over backwards to assist you. Not one person gave us attitude. They are very happy to help you or get a manager to answer a question. Check out was a breeze again as they gave us a extra hour to pack. We also were able to check our bags for our flight right at the hotel. We got boarding passes it was magical. I would stay here again 100%. I plan to do disney for the next 16 years if my son wants to. So im sure I'll see you again!

Room Tip: Toy Story Building close to parking lot 9 lots of parking. Quiet, we stayed at 9737. I highley recom...
8 Thank SuperDad11419
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 May 2014

This resort is honestly a great value for money. Some friends and I stayed here on a whim. We were a bit ominous about this resort but the stay was wonderful! From start to finish the check-in staff were amazing. They were friendly and polite, even though the queue was a little long.
We stayed in the Mighty Ducks area, which was a short walk from the check in desk.
The room was clean and comfortable, the only issue we had was that we were a four and they only supplied one sample of shampoo, but after asking for more they sorted that out right away.
The pools in this resort are very good, the larger pool has plenty of sun loungers and there's always something going on for kids.
I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone looking to stay at a resort for a cheaper price, a great stay!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank RVJarrett
Warwick, New York
Reviewed 11 May 2014

I agree with Peyton 26 this is a good place to stay. It is not fancy at all but if you are just using the room to sleep in it is very good. Second time staying at the all stars hotel. The second time I i visited I was given a room that had two bathrooms and a separate bedroom. That was pretty cool. Getting something to eat at that hotel is sometimes a bit hectic. Free transportation to the parks is great. Overall a good experience. First stay was at the All Star Movies and second stay was at the all star Music. They are in close proximity to each other.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Orlando, Florida, United States
Reviewed 9 May 2014

I have stayed all over the WDW resort. This is my first allstar experience. From the beginning, I found myself really trying to keep an open mind. Check in took quite a bit of time because they could not locate our magic bands and reservation. Not a big deal, but a child was climbing ON the check in counter and almost kicked my child in the face. The staff never told this kid to get down. My check in host was very distracted by her fellow cast member, laughing and joking as opposed to actually paying attention to the guests. Fine, but a bit irritating. We stayed in the toy story building. My daughter loved this. My husband noted that they put a sharp holly bush around the main character statues, perhaps to keep kids out? Yikes.

So the rooms....
The rooms are very small. The reason I titled this a motel, is because that is EXACTLY what it is. The windows look out over various views but people can walk in front of your window, motel style. The door has safety signs regarding crime, and we had a pizza flyer under our door. Now, while it's not ideal size, the space isn't bad. We were able to keep our single stroller open, and had room for bags. The bathroom is small. The toilet is knee bump length away. The sheets were clean, but the room smelled a bit musty and my asthma acted up, which usually indicates dampness or mold. I also noticed a lovely curly "body" hair on the tile upon arrival. Ewwww. The tub is a great size and my little one had plenty of bathing space. There is available hanging racks near the sink, as well as an iron and board.

The pool is very nice. It's large and not too deep, and there is a cute splash pad for the little ones. My daughter enjoyed the kids games on the deck as well. We didn't use the bus system as we are fl residents so we drove and find the buses to be too stressful.
There is a playground between the pool and toy story that my daughter enjoyed, although all the benches were coated in bird droppings.
The parking was easy, no complaints!
The gift shop is well stocked, and has a drink section.
The food court is best visited an hour or two before or after normal meal times. We did lunch at 1:30 and had no issues and plenty of options for seating.
The reusable drink mugs are a great idea, and the beverage station stays open late.
The food court has great options, even for healthy eaters like me.

All in all, this is what it looks like a disneyed up motel style building with the minimum stuff required to make it acceptable. If you are visiting and have four people and do not plan to be in the room, then this will save you money. If you have young kids, they will love it. Make memories regardless of where you are staying and enjoy your family as they are right now, and that comes standard wherever you stay.

Room Tip: Toy story, fantasia and Dalmatians are all close to everything. Higher rooms aren't a bad thing.
4 Thank Kylee L
Also consider these accommodations in or near Orlando
Holiday Inn Orlando – Disney Springs Area
Disney's All-Star Music Resort
Disney's All-Star Sports Resort
Disney's Pop Century Resort
Disney's Art of Animation Resort
Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort

Been to Disney's All-Star Movies Resort? Share your experiences!