“Okay for quick trip”

Ranked #140 of 336 Hotels in Orlando
Freehold, New Jersey
“Okay for quick trip”
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

We just recently stayed at the All Star Movies for 4 nights, the room was good especially for the rate. The fridge is more of a cooler so be mindful of that when you put stuff in there.

Our one major complaint is there used to be a couple times a year that there were cheerleader or sports groups on property, now I feel like they are there all the time. There was a cheerleading group there during our stay and it made the stay not fun. It rained a lot during the trip so the groups would practice right outside our room on the cement(not the safest option), there were people (adults and teens) outside at all hours of the night, when we would leave the room there were beer cans on the ground outside of our room left there for half the day. I could have easily picked them up but wanted to see how long they would stay there and they stayed a lot longer than I thought they would.

• Stayed May 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (917)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Torrington, Connecticut, United States
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I have stayed there before and had an excellent time. THis time not so much......luggage took 7 hours to get there. WHile waiting for our luiggage we went in the pool and asked for towels said they had to come from our room, found out later the front desk would have given us some. Waited 55 minutes for a shuttle to get us from Magic Kingdom back t our room. Supposed to be a waiting time of 15 (no longer than 20 ) minutes. My magic band wouldnt work twice asked for a new one, said mine was fine.
The rooms were clean and neat, but the food way overpriced.
Probably would not stay there again.

2 Thank Diane A
Texas

Clean
Friendly Staff
Food Court with plenty of choices.
Outdoor Movie Nights
Large Pool and Kiddie Pool/Splash Area
Shuttle Service to Disney Parks
Great gift shop.

It is an older property but well kept. If you want to save your money for the parks and still want to be in a Disney resort it is a great option.

Room Tip: Ask for a room near the pool. Some of the buildings can be a good distance from the main lobby and...
1 Thank TexasTravelbug4
Queens, NY
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I should have stayed here sooner. My time spent here with friends was just lovely. While the rooms were small, they were well kept. No complaints. The staff was great, the grounds were
immaculate, you could not ask for more. The foot court was a bit jammed, but the lines moved
swiftly and no real time was wasted. The pool area was great. We stayed in the Dalmations
building.
The Disney shuttle buses were always on time, great way to get from park to park. Cant wait to go back. Highly recommend this facility.

Room Tip: Choose a preferred room, which is close to where you need to pick up the buses for park transportat...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Richmond Hill, New York
Reviewed 28 May 2014

My family and I stayed at this hotel for 4 nights. Prior to arrival at the hotel I called and requested the Toy Story Room (which we got ) . My toddler sons face when he saw RC and all the other toy story characters was priceless!!!! When we arrived to our room it was adequate size for myself my husband and our toddler son. We had a TV with Disney channel and Disney junior which was great. The bathroom was also perfect size and so was the shower. The room itself was extremely clean. TIP #1 WE STAYED ON THE 1ST ROOM WHICH I FOUND CONVENIENT FOR WHEN WE HAD TO LEAVE TO GO TO THE PARK BECAUSE THE PARKING LOT WAS WALKING DISTANCE.

The hotel room was clean. pool was nice and warm and i am unable to swim so i liked the fact that the pool was less that 5 feet deep at certain parts.

Overall most of our time was NOT spent at the hotel. We went to 2 theme parks and visited family. I was very pleased with the room and the staff. Next time i go to Disney i will defiantly stay here.

TIP: THE VENDING MACHINES AT THE HOTEL ARENT AS EXPENSIVE AS AT THE DISNEY THEME PARKS SO BEFORE YOU GO TO THE PARK GET SOME DRINKS PUT THEM IN THE FRIDGE CRACK UP THE SETTING AND PACK IT IN YOUR BAG.

Hope my review was helpful this is my 1st review ever. Feel free to ask me any questions.

In a nutshell the hotel was clean and fairly priced. The toy story room theme made my son so happy and the photos we took in front of the characters are priceless. I will definitely be back at this hotel!!!!!!!

Room Tip: toy story room on the 1st floor is very close to the parking lot
2 Thank Cella B
Indiana
Reviewed 28 May 2014

This is a great hotel for a budget experience. This was my fourth trip to Disney and my third time to stay in a All Star Resort and my first time to feel a little disappointed. This was the first time I have truly felt that I was staying at a budget hotel at Disney. The room was clean, but had several little issues (leaking faucet, broken electrical socket, A/C not functioning properly). But were remedied after calling the front desk. Long lines at front desk but very helpful once you reach the concierge. But watch your boarding passes closely if you are flying home. The front desk did print them off for us but when we got to the airport, they were missing the bar code needed to pass through security . So we had to separate and I had to wait in line to correct this before I could go through security (which my husband and son did without me) Long long long waits for the shuttles to the parks as well as from the parks with long walks to the pick up stations. No shuttle from Downtown Disney back to your hotel...you have to bus hop or know which buses to get on to make it back to your destination. You are the last to unload the shuttles from the airport as you go by every other resort. You are the first to load the shuttle buses to the airport therefore you ride forever as you stop at every other resort on your way out. They have you load 4 hours before your flight so you can drive around the Disney Campus for an hour picking up other passengers. Our flight was at 6 am so that meant a 2 am pick up...good times. Overall I would say my next trip I will steer clear of the bugdet hotels. I think paying a little more for a better experience would be worth it.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank hopecrail
Savannah
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We stayed over the past weekend and really enjoyed it. It does exactly what it is designed to do - a good place to stay with all of the conveniences. We didn't come to Disney to stay in a hotel all of the time, and when we were there we had no complaints. The food was great as was everything else. The kids enjoyed the pools - which was a perfect way to burn any remaining energy from a day in the parks. Nice place at the right place.

1 Thank Evil_E207
Also consider these accommodations in or near Orlando
Holiday Inn Orlando – Disney Springs Area
Disney's All-Star Music Resort
Disney's All-Star Sports Resort
Disney's Pop Century Resort
Disney's Art of Animation Resort
Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort

Been to Disney's All-Star Movies Resort? Share your experiences!