Disney's All-Star Movies Resort
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
6,989 results
All reviewsmighty ducksfood courtthe toy story sectionlove bugfantasia poolthe busbuzz lightyearfantasia buildingpreferred roomrooms are smalllarger than lifegift shopmeal plandisney moviedining planmagic kingdommagical express
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Terrible hotel will never stay here again very dirty not great customer service to sum it up cheap and nasty spend a bit more and go to another hotel we had cockroaches in the room nobody was really interested not what i expect from the U.S!

Room Tip: Choose another hotel
5  Thank 216Dazza
Reviewed 3 August 2014

Our family of four stayed at All Star Movies for 8 nights in July, 2014. We were staying with 11 other family members and we all stayed in the "Toy Story" section of the hotel. We have stayed at All Star before - movies (Dalmations), Sports and Music, so we know what to expect out of these hotels.

What you will get is a clean, small room with outside doors with excellent grounds, and theming, good pool area and food court. What you will not get is a five star hotel with a lot of amenities and extra services, or sit down restaurant area.

With that being said, our family really likes this type of Disney property. The "lobby" is in a main building where you get dropped off from the airport and also get your Disney bus to the parks. This main building is large, clean and has a good layout. It also has the food court area, an arcade, and store. In the lobby is the check in area, waiting, and concierge. The concierge is a desk of 3-5 people. You wait in line (if it's busy) and then go up and ask your questions.

The food court is large, but also has a pretty good selection. You are not dining in style here - it's got 4-5 stations of different themes - pasta/pizza, sandwiches, burgers, dessert and then a self serve area with bread, baked goods, pre-packaged foods, chips, etc. The food is pretty good but also expensive (like the rest of Disney) - meals will run $8 - $15 dollars depending on what you get. We ate there about 4 times during our stay. There is also the famous drink cup. You buy a cup for $18 and then get unlimited soda, coffee, hot chocolate, lemonade, etc for your stay. It's a good deal if you spend more time at the hotel and eat there. If you are never at the hotel, it's better to get a 2 liter at the store and keep it in your frig.

The pool area is clean and very big. There are a lot of activities there for kids. They have games and movies. There is ping pong, a kid's low entry water theme area and laundry. The grounds are excellent and well maintained.

The room is small but clean. They have nice decor and make the most of the small space. The toilet and shower are in their own room, and the sink is outside. The sink area also has a pull across curtain for privacy or if someone is using the area while others are sleeping. There are two double beds, a frig, flatscreen TV, dresser, nightstand, small table and two chairs. Thats about it. It is very tight for four. It would work best for a family of three, but if it's a family of four it would work best if the kids are young or both the same sex. We found the room to be very clean, comfortable and quiet. We don't spend much time in the room at Disney, so it suits us fine. One couple staying with us had kids in a second room, and they got a king size bed which is a great setup for two. Beds are comfortable, and the A/C unit worked great and was not too loud.

The theming at this hotel is amazing. It's geared towards kids, but kids of all ages can enjoy. The Toy Story area has "Andy's room", with a giant three story Buzz and Woody, as well as all the other characters and toys around the area making for great pictures. One of our relatives was on the third floor near the Toy Story characters. We didn't need her room number, she just told us they were in the room by Buzz Lightyear's elbow - that worked out perfectly!

For improvements to the hotel, we don't have too many complaints. It would be nice to have some more food options, and also if you get a room far from the main building, it is a bit of a hike. I wish Disney would cater more toward families. That sounds ridiculous, but in terms of rooms there are not a lot of options that don't cost a lot of money. For example, for a family of four with two teens, a room with two double beds is OK, but isn't the best depending on how big the kids are and their sex. A better setup would seem to be a queen and a set of bunk beds for two kids. That would be very nice, but they just don't seem to do rooms that way. Other than, that we were quite happy with All Star Movies.

One word of caution: In July, they have a lot of large groups of middle and high school students at this hotel. For the most part this was fine, but a few of them did cause issues and noise at night for our party. These groups are large (40-50) with not too much supervision (or so we observed). It would be nice if Disney put these groups in one area, rather then mixing them in with families. If they could put large teen groups all in one or two buildings at All Star, it seems like that would keep some of the issues from happening. Families are coming back from the parks at 10 or 11 at night and wanting to crash. Teens are just gettting started and like to stay up until 2:00 or 3:00 (or later). It's not a bad thing, just something to consider.

If you go in knowing what it is, a "less expensive Disney on property option" with great theming, I think it is a very good deal.

Room Tip: Ask for a king room if it's just two people. Ask for a room without connecting door for more privacy in terms of noise, and ask for a room on the back side of the hotel (away from the main courtyards and pool, if you want more quiet time.
3  Thank Archited2013
Reviewed 2 August 2014

My daughter was competing at a sports event at the ESPN facility at Disney and the All Star Movies resort was one of the hotels that had a package with event tickets and shuttle to the sports complex. Otherwise, I would not have chosen to stay here. I knew the rooms were small with 2 double (not queen) beds which would have been tolerable if the room was not dirty and run down. There was a dirty Q-tip on the sink and a shoe size sticker stuck on the wall when we checked in. There was a lot of mold in the grout lines in the bath/shower. The carpet was threadbare and you could no longer see the pattern in it except where no one had walked. The beds were uncomfortable and the refrigerator was very loud and cycled on and off all night. The toilet had a very loud flush; you could hear all the neighboring rooms' toilets as well. The room opened to the outside (not a corridor) which I do not like. We were in the "Herbie" building facing the parking lot so pool noise was not a problem. The only place to eat was a cafeteria that did not have much selection. The food it did have was average and pricey for what it was. The distance to the ESPN facility was the only good thing about it but the people at the front desk had no idea when the shuttle to the sports complex ran and what time service started. It seemed unreliable so we got rides from other people. Only on the last day did we get correct information about the shuttle and found that it would have been quite good. Disney has so many other much nicer hotels. I will not stay here again even if it has the ESPN package.

Room Tip: Get a room at a different Disney hotel.
1  Thank Carol63141
Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

The biggest obvious pro of this resort is the price of stay and it's on disney property. My family and I stayed in a standard room but were upgraded to a family suite because of lack of cleaning service. The family suite was very nice and convenient since my grandma uses a wheelchair. It had two bathrooms and a kitchen equipped with a fridge and microwave. We still had issues with the cleaning service. My other complaint is the bus service. It picks up all the other all star hotels and will load people till there is no more room! It takes a little longer to get to the theme parks due to this. Overall it was just all right.

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank Jnbk9
Reviewed 29 July 2014

My daughter and I stayed here and really had a great experience overall. There were pros and some cons to each stage of our visit so if these things are important to you they may make or break your decision to use this value resort.
Check in-
Pros: I used the online check in and found it made the process very easy. My Magic Band was already active since I used it on the Magical Bus to arrive. I just had to scan, show ID and I was all set for purchases and room entry for the entire stay. They had my envelope ready and a very comprehensive guide including all park info for the week with times!
Cons- First off, I put my cell phone number in for updates on when my room would be ready. I never received a message and I arrived at 10 PM at night. Second, I said “NO MIGHTY DUCKS” to my cast member on the phone when I made my reservations. She laughed and said no problem. I saw “No Mighty Ducks” on the reservation form and confirmation email. But, as soon as the very nice Cast Member started to tell me where my room was- It was the ”MIGHTY DUCKS”, which I have always hated and refused to call Disney. The theme is terrible, the huge duck hokey masks the ridiculous hokey themed decorations. I thought it would be an easy fix but my cast member ignored my pleas and just started telling me about the wonderful pool right outside the window just for that section and the short walk to the bus stop at the other resort. My guess is it would have been a pain to reprogram the magic band for another room and print out the welcome package. So I gave in and walked the ½ mile trek to my cheesy themed duck room. I would have felt bad if I argued since she was a very nice person.
Rooms-
Pros: I won’t harp on the décor since it’s obvious I hate it but the furnishings were nice other than the pictures of Mighty Ducks the room was mostly okay… I would say Holiday Inn quality. The beds are comfortable but small and there are plenty of outlets for the geeks like me who have all those items to charge. The bathroom/sink area had a divider curtain which was nice since I was traveling with my 11 year old daughter. The shower and sink were nice with good pressure. There is a room safe and an above average size mini fridge.
Cons: What? No coffee maker? How is that even possible these days? Especially since the food service area is so far from these rooms. There is also no microwave so forget heating up a snack or popping some popcorn after a long day of park hopping. The rooms were clean but very worn out. I saw stars on the carpet but only in the spaces people can’t walk. They really need a refurbishment here and get the place looking better.

Pools-
Pros: The pools here are amazing and the lifeguards are excellent. No cons here.

Food court-
Pros: It was a little confusing but once I had been through the line once it was easy. The food was about what you expect and they offer fruit and other choices for the non-bacon munchers out there.
Cons: You will feel the park prices here so you might as well skip it and eat in the parks. 24 dollars on breakfast for my daughter and I and honestly did not get the best quality of food as the bacon was underdone and eggs were soggy.

Check out-
Pros- No keys, no fuss. I received an email with my breakdown of costs and just walked right out without stopping. Cons- None
Synopsis- We did receive the excellent service that you can expect from Disney. On a budget, this place is great and I would recommend it to others over spending an arm and a leg elsewhere. I just wish those Mighty Ducks were not in my memories. Something so small can be the difference.

Room Tip: Ask for Fantasia or Dalmatians when booking they are much closer to the lobby, food court and bus stops.
7  Thank William K