“Safe and clean and affordable”

Disney's All-Star Movies Resort
Ranked #142 of 341 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed 6 August 2014

I stayed here for a few days when I came to Orlando for an audition. I was on my own, and I have to say I felt quite safe here. The room was sparse, but clean. I know this is a budget hotel for Disney, but it really would be so nice if they had a coffeemaker like every other hotel. The AC worked wonderfully! I loved walking around and seeing the designs everywhere, and I enjoyed having nice walks to the cafeteria. The food there is less than desirable, and that is the biggest reason this place gets 4 instead of 5 stars. There was a few groups of teenagers staying there and in the common areas it could get loud, but my room was nice and quiet. Everyone was Disney friendly and I had a good time overall.

Room Tip: My room faced the parking lot and it seemed a lot quieter.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank nevinbleau
Write a ReviewReviews (6,784)

Reviewed 5 August 2014

After staying at the Contemporary Resort earlier this year, I had high expectations for any "on property" room. There is a big difference in price and service between the two hotels, which I should have expected. The staff were professional and pleasant, if not quite the sparkling, welcoming that I was looking forward to.

Our room was your basic hotel room - clean, the cleaning staff were efficient and helpful.

The concierge was completely backed up and we waiting for over 30 minutes to receive our pre-paid luau tickets, which was really frustrating.

Another thing that made me nervous was that this is a "motel" - where the doors go outside instead of an interior hallway. This is not the type of hotel that I prefer to stay in, but all in all I had a great time (you don't spend time in your room when at Disney anyway!), which is the major attraction to staying "on property" at a Disney resort.

3  Thank julierhoades1
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

My stay at the All Star Movies resort was better than I had anticipated. The ease of bus transportation, delicious assortment of cuisine at the food court, and friendly and swift service of the front desk and housekeeping make this a place I will gladly return to in the future.

Stayed: June 2014
3  Thank Doodles613
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We stayed at the All Star Movie Resort for our last trip to Disney. We lived the theme and all the bright colors. The staff was polite and friendly. When we checked in we told the Cast Member we were there for our anniversary so she bumped us up to a nicer room closer to the main building and pool! It really made our vacation. Not only that but Mickey and Minnie called and left us a message to wish us a happy anniversary.
Each day we'd come back to our room, exhausted, to find a cute towel creation left by the Cast Member that cleaned our room--it was so cute! After I bought a little Minnie Mouse doll she was moved around the room and included in the towel creations!
The food at the resort was pretty good too! Not only the stuff in the restaurant but the pizza that you can have delivered--oh my! I think that was my favorite thing to eat while we stayed there!
The pools were awesome. It was nice to come back to the resort after a long hot day and get to jump into the pool and relax.
We also loved the room itself. We were in the Fantasia building. We had no noise complaints or anything like that. The room was a decent size and the bathroom was nice too. We used the fridge in our room to store some water and snacks; it was the perfect size. We had a king bed that we thought was amazingly comfortable, but that could have been because we were so exhausted every night.
The store and arcade were nice too and the wait for the busses to the parks never seemed too long during our stay. It's a little further from Magic Kingdom but it didn't take us a very long time to get there from the resort. We would definitely stay at the All Star Movie resort again.

• Stayed: September 2013
4  Thank Ndy27
Reviewed 5 August 2014

This year my husband and I decided to stay at the All Star Movies Resort because last year we stayed at the Pop Century and the experience was really great. Although Movies isn't as big as Pop Century it is truly beautiful and it has nice backgrounds for fabulous pictures. The rooms are average size and clean. We really like the Food Court because they have from burgers to salmon and London Broil. The prices there are Disney prices, for example last year I bought a refillable mug for $14.99 and we used for all our stay but these year the price of this mug depends on the long of your stay. We paid the same $14.99 for the mug but we can used it only three days, if we wanted it for all our stay we should paid $17.99. On the other hand, we enjoy the Disney Transportation System because is fast and reliable but we didn't know the three All Stars usually shared the bus so almost everyday we couldn't find sits because the buses are too crowd. We almost miss our plane because they picked up us three hours early but then the bus stopped at the All Music, All Sports and then to the Coronado Resorts to picked up others passengers then we arrive at the airport with only one hour to do security and all the lines. Another thing we didn't like of the All Movies are the thinner walls because you can hear all the noise from outside, in fact we couldn't sleep two nights in a row because the family in the nearest room returned from the parks at 1:00 am and immediately their child began to run and shout all over the hall because he didn't want to take a shower. This noisy ceremony lasted about 1 hour and we didn't know what to do because we don't know noise policy inside Disney Resorts. Finally, we found a blood stain on one of our sheets so I called Housekeeping and told it then they send a maid with another sheets and blankets, we also had problems with the sink and they send a plumber very quickly. After this, a supervisor came and write a report. We really like Disney but we prefer not to stay at this hotel another time.

Room Tip: I think Toy Story Building is quieter.
2  Thank Maijiali
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Terrible hotel will never stay here again very dirty not great customer service to sum it up cheap and nasty spend a bit more and go to another hotel we had cockroaches in the room nobody was really interested not what i expect from the U.S!

Room Tip: Choose another hotel
5  Thank 216Dazza
Reviewed 3 August 2014

Our family of four stayed at All Star Movies for 8 nights in July, 2014. We were staying with 11 other family members and we all stayed in the "Toy Story" section of the hotel. We have stayed at All Star before - movies (Dalmations), Sports and Music, so we know what to expect out of these hotels.

What you will get is a clean, small room with outside doors with excellent grounds, and theming, good pool area and food court. What you will not get is a five star hotel with a lot of amenities and extra services, or sit down restaurant area.

With that being said, our family really likes this type of Disney property. The "lobby" is in a main building where you get dropped off from the airport and also get your Disney bus to the parks. This main building is large, clean and has a good layout. It also has the food court area, an arcade, and store. In the lobby is the check in area, waiting, and concierge. The concierge is a desk of 3-5 people. You wait in line (if it's busy) and then go up and ask your questions.

The food court is large, but also has a pretty good selection. You are not dining in style here - it's got 4-5 stations of different themes - pasta/pizza, sandwiches, burgers, dessert and then a self serve area with bread, baked goods, pre-packaged foods, chips, etc. The food is pretty good but also expensive (like the rest of Disney) - meals will run $8 - $15 dollars depending on what you get. We ate there about 4 times during our stay. There is also the famous drink cup. You buy a cup for $18 and then get unlimited soda, coffee, hot chocolate, lemonade, etc for your stay. It's a good deal if you spend more time at the hotel and eat there. If you are never at the hotel, it's better to get a 2 liter at the store and keep it in your frig.

The pool area is clean and very big. There are a lot of activities there for kids. They have games and movies. There is ping pong, a kid's low entry water theme area and laundry. The grounds are excellent and well maintained.

The room is small but clean. They have nice decor and make the most of the small space. The toilet and shower are in their own room, and the sink is outside. The sink area also has a pull across curtain for privacy or if someone is using the area while others are sleeping. There are two double beds, a frig, flatscreen TV, dresser, nightstand, small table and two chairs. Thats about it. It is very tight for four. It would work best for a family of three, but if it's a family of four it would work best if the kids are young or both the same sex. We found the room to be very clean, comfortable and quiet. We don't spend much time in the room at Disney, so it suits us fine. One couple staying with us had kids in a second room, and they got a king size bed which is a great setup for two. Beds are comfortable, and the A/C unit worked great and was not too loud.

The theming at this hotel is amazing. It's geared towards kids, but kids of all ages can enjoy. The Toy Story area has "Andy's room", with a giant three story Buzz and Woody, as well as all the other characters and toys around the area making for great pictures. One of our relatives was on the third floor near the Toy Story characters. We didn't need her room number, she just told us they were in the room by Buzz Lightyear's elbow - that worked out perfectly!

For improvements to the hotel, we don't have too many complaints. It would be nice to have some more food options, and also if you get a room far from the main building, it is a bit of a hike. I wish Disney would cater more toward families. That sounds ridiculous, but in terms of rooms there are not a lot of options that don't cost a lot of money. For example, for a family of four with two teens, a room with two double beds is OK, but isn't the best depending on how big the kids are and their sex. A better setup would seem to be a queen and a set of bunk beds for two kids. That would be very nice, but they just don't seem to do rooms that way. Other than, that we were quite happy with All Star Movies.

One word of caution: In July, they have a lot of large groups of middle and high school students at this hotel. For the most part this was fine, but a few of them did cause issues and noise at night for our party. These groups are large (40-50) with not too much supervision (or so we observed). It would be nice if Disney put these groups in one area, rather then mixing them in with families. If they could put large teen groups all in one or two buildings at All Star, it seems like that would keep some of the issues from happening. Families are coming back from the parks at 10 or 11 at night and wanting to crash. Teens are just gettting started and like to stay up until 2:00 or 3:00 (or later). It's not a bad thing, just something to consider.

If you go in knowing what it is, a "less expensive Disney on property option" with great theming, I think it is a very good deal.

Room Tip: Ask for a king room if it's just two people. Ask for a room without connecting door for more pr...
3  Thank Archited2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Orlando
Holiday Inn Orlando – Disney Springs Area
Disney's All-Star Music Resort
Disney's Pop Century Resort
Disney's All-Star Sports Resort
Disney's Art of Animation Resort
Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort

Been to Disney's All-Star Movies Resort? Share your experiences!