Holiday Inn Resort Orlando-Lake Buena Vista
Ranked #88 of 341 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 23 December 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for one night while doing a stop over in Orlando. I wanted a hotel close to Disney and this was the best deal I got when booking through Expedia. I paid about 100 dollars post Black Friday for a king bed. I had to pay an extra few dollars for the resort fee when I got to the hotel which included free parking, shuttles to parks, etc.

Here's my thoughts:

Initial experience / staff: amazing friendly staff that were not only fast and efficient but very friendly and helpful! They also gave me a welcome package which included coupons for food close by, maps for all the tourist attractions, and coupon books for the closest outlets (normally you have to pay for the coupons at the outlet so it was a nice addition)

Room: the king room was large and spacious! Very clean and well kept. The bathroom was also very nice and large. Shower curtains felt a bit dated but wasn't a huge concern.

Pool: the pool was large and spacious. Since it is a resort hotel it was enclosed within the hotel, was outdoors and featured and applebys bar and hot tub as well. Only complaint was it was really busy with kids and families but we were there on the Saturday right before Christmas so it was naturally a busy time.

Location / Amenities: location was good for downtown disney. It was just a block away which was nice. On the other side it was very close to many restaurants and had close by outlets (lake buenea vista and orlando premium outlets; the Vineland ones). the resort fee also included free shuttles to all the disney parks which was nice! The hotel itself also had a mini movie theatre, applebys, a fun arcade for the kids among others! Wish we could've stayed longer to enjoy it all!

Overall great hotel. It was very busy and rowdy but it is a resort and many families come so that's to be expected. If you can get a good deal for this hotel I would definitely reccomed it!

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank NotoriousCanadians
Keith D, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Orlando-Lake Buena Vista, responded to this reviewResponded 27 December 2013

Dear NotoriousCanadians:

Thank you for taking the time to write your review of your recent stay at our Resort! You are definitely right in that you stayed at one of the busiest times of the year for family travel! We are so glad you found the room and resort to be in such good order and all of the amenities available to you as well. There are a few times of the year that you can come when it will be a bit quieter and our reservations staff would love to help you choose those times so there won't be as much noise from all the families enjoying their time as well.
Once again thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Resort Lake Buena Vista for your Orlando stay and we look forward to seeing you on any future visits!

Keith D.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,883)

Reviewed 23 December 2013

We spent a week at Disney World in a vacation home but needed one extra night before our flight. I got a great deal thru hotwire for two rooms at this hotel. The hotel appears recently remodeled (not sure if that is the case), everything seem in really good condition and the rooms themselves are quite large. The pool is nice and was warm (even in record high weather in December, warm water is always nice). They have organized kid activities around the pool that was a nice bonus. My niece is very social and immediately made a new friend and played happily in the pool (nice for parents who are worn out from entertaining their children). My husband was impressed with the Applebees Tiki Bar at the pool with football game on. The only drawback is the busy road that it is located on. This was only a problem during the middle of the day, early morning and late evening was fine. Anyone from a big city would not think this was a big deal, my husband didn't but I would not have wanted to drive in it myself.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Dear Crathy21:

We are so glad you were able to relax for a day at the end of your week at Disney! It is amazing how much fun can wear you out! It's great to hear that your niece had a great time at the pool and made some new friends, definitely lasting vacation memories. You are very right, the Resort was very recently renovated and we had just finished the splash pad and new pavers at the end of the summer!
Thank you so much for taking the time to let everyone know how well your stay went and some of the great things you experienced during your stay. The main road can be quite busy and you put it so well, depending on what you are used to makes a huge difference in perception.
Thank you again for your great review and we do look forward to seeing you maybe for the whole stay the next time you are in Orlando!

Reviewed 19 December 2013

It was an excellent stay. Very convenient to Sea World, Universal Studios and Disney World. I would definately return to this location. The beds were very comfortable. The Front Desk agents were very nice and helpful. Thank you.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Keith D, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Orlando-Lake Buena Vista, responded to this reviewResponded 26 December 2013

Dear Vidhi M:

So glad you were able to spend a little leisure time with us here at the Holiday Inn Resort! We are so glad to hear that your beds were very comfortable and thank you for taking the time to let us know you enjoyed the stay!
We look forward to seeing you when you return to Orlando whether it is for Business or leisure!

Reviewed 19 December 2013

Don't get me wrong, the rooms were large and clean but it is NOT a resort IMHO. And this was my free gift for touring a nearby Diamond Resorts property last year. You know the routine.. A "one hour tour" turns into MUCH longer. If this was my real vacation, I would be very disappointed! ( My wife sings at Disney hotels during Xmas season so it saves driving 100 mi each way for 2-4 days.)

The clock radio/Alarm sucked, it made clicking noises even when OFF. Maid was knocking on door at 8:45. Hot and cold on the faucet was reversed (but nice shower head). Yes, it had a pool and an outdoor hot tub but it was 45 degrees air temp so didn't use it. Add a kiddy game room and an Applebee's on site and it still doesn't justify a $12.95 per night "ResortFee".

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business

Dear SXMsailor:

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay at our Resort. I am sorry to hear that you had trouble with the alarm clock during your stay, please let us know when ever there is an issue like this and we will quickly replace it with a new alarm clock. I have sent an e-mail to you to confirm the room number so that we can ensure that the hot and cold water issue gets corrected.

The temperature sounds like it wasn't very contusive to swimming but we do keep the pool heated nicely for those who are willing to give it a go. We also have giant Chess and Checkers out by the pool for people to entertain themselves with when our Recreation staff is not holding their activities. You are very correct in that we are not a super large Resort like the one you toured, however we do offer many more resort amenities for those people staying in the Disney Resort area and the Resort Fee covers many of those amenities like the Park Shuttle, free safe in the room, poolside activities, we also have a half court basketball area set up and much more!

Once again thank you for your comments on your recent stay, we will make sure they are followed up on and really appreciate your opinion!

Reviewed 14 December 2013

I am an old Holiday Inn Club traveler and when it was priority Club, if you found any of their hotels cheaper they'd give you the rate you found plus the points. Not anymore... there is all kinds of fine print that even the front desk people say is misleading and apologized for. So, book your stays through hotwire! I got a nice room at this resort for 70 bucks tax included and would have paid 125 through Holiday Inns reservation site.
The 3rd flr. room had a beautiful pool view, beds were very comfy as were the numerous pillows. Water pressure, shampoo and lotion, soap and shower gel, all good! quiet room,324 good LG TV's with lots of channels and movies pay per view, good gift shop, game room and Applebee's in the hotel.
room also had mini fridge, microwave with turntable, and iron, hairdryer and plenty of nice towels... this hotel gets a good 4 stars from us! easy access on 534 and Vineland just off I4, so you can get to anything in the area in under 10 min.

Room Tip: building E
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Thank LPnerdN.C.

Dear LPnerdN.C.:

Thank you for being an IHG Reward member! If you were a Priority Club member you are now a Reward member and we do thank you for your loyalty! I am sorry that you had an issue with the Best Price Guarantee while booking your room, that policy is still in effect and yes there may be a few new stipulations on it but they are all listed on the Holiday Inn site for anyone who would like to see them. That program just like the IHG Rewards programs has been through some changes to be able to keep up with the changing times and technology. If I can ever be of any assistance please don't hesitate to contact me.
I wanted to thank you for your awesome comments about the room that you stayed in and the hotel's amenities. I know your time is very valuable so the time you took to write your review means the world to us! I am glad you received a great deal on the site you booked on, please know that it isn't always available but you can always find our best rates on the Hotels website.
Thank you again for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay and we look forward to seeing you again when you return to Orlando.

Reviewed 10 December 2013

Just a quick overnight but I must say, very nice. Staff was cheerful, helpful, and expedient. Room was lovely, clean and comfy. I chose a balcony room, it looked out over the pool area where I could relax in my jambes with a blanket and a book. Just right! I would HIGHLY recommend.

Room Tip: Balcony room! Interior and away from city noise. A quite view to the pool. Doesn't cost extra...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Goodboyhjf:

Great to hear that you had a wonderful short stay with us! Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know about your stay we will definitely pass your comments on to our staff!
Look forward to you being able to stop in and spend a little more time next time..we'll keep the balcony waiting!

Reviewed 10 December 2013

I was at this Hotel in October 2013, with my young son, aged about 12. It was a very good experience because he got to play, swim and do all kinds of activities, he wanted to do. I, at the other end, loved to play pool and booze around as I wanted. Love you Holiday Inn, Orlando

Room Tip: Choose a room on ground floor, if you want to enjoy the most.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank kalpanafca

Dear Kalpanafca:

Thank you for letting us know about your recent stay with us! It's great to hear that we had something for the whole family to do and that both you and your son enjoyed all we could offer you.

It's even better to hear that you loved both our resort and Orlando! We will pass on your great comments and continue to strive to be a great hotel that people Love!