Stayed here from Jan 1 - 5. Great hotel, well-maintained rooms and grounds. Staff always greeted you with a smile and was very helpful. An added bonus was the free breakfast at the attached Applebee's. This restaurant was a life-saver. After a long day at the theme parks, you can order food to go and eat in your room. You also get free wifi- they do charge a resort fee of $13 per day.
We traveled with 3 kids so I was surprised as to how big the rooms are. Beds are comfortable and lines were fresh and clean. Never came back to a dirty room. Quiet and peaceful night's rest. Actually used on site laundry facility to wash clothes which was a plus. They have a small arcade, convenience store and small viewing room. Within walking distance to many stores and fast food places such as 7-11, Walgreen's, Wendy's, and Golden Coral. If you like shopping, it is less than a mile from a premium outlet.
If you plan to use the shuttles, they do get full but still accommodated everyone. They are on set schedules so be sure you plan your day. Service are runs through Platinum transportation which sometimes were up to 10 -15 minutes late. If you decide to take a cab from this hotel to WDW - it is roughly $30 including tip. The do provide free shuttle to WDW, Universals and Sea World.
Overall, very highly recommended lodging option. I would not mind staying there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- When you stay at the Holiday Inn Resort(R) Lake Buena Vista, you are so close to the entrance to Walt Disney World(R) Resort, you can almost feel the Magic! This official Disney Good Neighbor hotel is fresh from a multi-million dollar makeover, making it perfect for your visit to the Walt Disney World(R) area. Take advantage of scheduled shuttles to the Disney parks, Sea World(R), Universal Studios, Islands of Adventure, Orlando Premium Outlets shopping and the Orange County Convention Center! After a busy day, come back to spacious, generously-appointed accommodations. Choose King or Queen-size bedding with 37" HDTV televisions, high-speed Internet, refrigerator, microwave, granite top vanities and upgraded bath amenities. Families love our KidSuites, a room-within-a-room that lets kids enjoy their own space within their parents room. Relax at the expansive, tropically-landscaped outdoor sundeck with plenty of lounge chairs, oversize heated pool, Splash Pad and two whirlpool spas! There is plenty to do onsite including outdoor pool tables, giant checkers and chess, ping pong, fitness center and an arcade/game room. PLUS - a Daily Scheduled Activities and Movies program for kids and adults! Enjoy great dining at Applebees(R) located onsite, serving breakfast, lunch and dinner. Pinkys Market Place and Gift Shop is in the hotel lobby. Free high speed internet access helps you stay connected, and on-site meeting rooms are available for special events. Explore the Lake Buena Vista and Downtown Disney area's plentiful dining, shopping, nightly entertainment and picturesque setting. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Southall Travel, TravelUp, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Resort Orlando-Lake Buena Vista reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Resort Lake Buena Vista Hotel Orlando
- Holiday Inn Orlando
- Holiday Inn Sunspree Orlando
- Orlando Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Resort Orlando-Lake Buena Vista Florida