We spent 1 night at this hotel. It is important to note that there is a Holiday Inn Lake Buena Vista that sounds like almost the same hotel, but it closer to downtown Disney. We chose the Holiday Inn Resort because it had good reviews and took small pets - we have a small dog we like to travel with. We asked for a kid's suite room and we were very impressed with it. For the adults there was a very comfortable queen sized bed. For the kids there was an alcove with 2 bunk beds and their own TV. My kids were thrilled to not have to share a bed.
The beds and bedding were very comfortable and the flat screen TVs were great as well. I also liked the small fridge and microwave.
I'm giving this 4 stars rather than 5 because the pool area isn't not that "resort" like - just an Ok sized pool, hot tub and various things around it like ping pong tables. A bigger pool with a slide would have been wonderful, but for the price of this hotel, I think the pool was fine.
And perhaps more importantly - the restaurant (Applebees) at the hotel could be improved. Service was very slow at the bar and at breakfast they ran out of coffee pots and had to serve coffee in styrofoam - both unpleasant and bad for the environment. And it wasn't very busy - so this made no sense.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- When you stay at the Holiday Inn Resort(R) Lake Buena Vista, you are so close to the entrance to Walt Disney World(R) Resort, you can almost feel the Magic! This official Disney Good Neighbor hotel is fresh from a multi-million dollar makeover, making it perfect for your visit to the Walt Disney World(R) area. Take advantage of scheduled shuttles to the Disney parks, Sea World(R), Universal Studios, Islands of Adventure, Orlando Premium Outlets shopping and the Orange County Convention Center! After a busy day, come back to spacious, generously-appointed accommodations. Choose King or Queen-size bedding with 37" HDTV televisions, high-speed Internet, refrigerator, microwave, granite top vanities and upgraded bath amenities. Families love our KidSuites, a room-within-a-room that lets kids enjoy their own space within their parents room. Relax at the expansive, tropically-landscaped outdoor sundeck with plenty of lounge chairs, oversize heated pool, Splash Pad and two whirlpool spas! There is plenty to do onsite including outdoor pool tables, giant checkers and chess, ping pong, fitness center and an arcade/game room. PLUS - a Daily Scheduled Activities and Movies program for kids and adults! Enjoy great dining at Applebees(R) located onsite, serving breakfast, lunch and dinner. Pinkys Market Place and Gift Shop is in the hotel lobby. Free high speed internet access helps you stay connected, and on-site meeting rooms are available for special events. Explore the Lake Buena Vista and Downtown Disney area's plentiful dining, shopping, nightly entertainment and picturesque setting. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays, Southall Travel, IHG, Expedia, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Resort Orlando-Lake Buena Vista reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Resort Lake Buena Vista Hotel Orlando
- Holiday Inn Orlando
- Holiday Inn Sunspree Orlando
- Orlando Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Resort Orlando-Lake Buena Vista Florida