“Nice, comfortable, clean room for the price.Location, value, service”

Holiday Inn Resort Orlando-Lake Buena Vista
Ranked #99 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 4 August 2014

First time staying off property for a WDW trip. No availibility as it was a last minute thing in the middle of high season. We were not disappointed. We stayed a week. While you definitely aren't on property, the good feel was there and the gift shop echos that by including lots of Mickey and friends merchandise. The shuttles were usually on time coming and going, but they were full at peak times. We utilized the shuttle to Universal also and had no problems there either. Very good info on return times, location etc with reminders as you exit. Close to WDW and the Premium Outlets, Mary, Queen of the Universe Shrine, and lots of restaurants nearby. Applebees is attached and has an ok breakfast (ours was free). Large room with refrigerator and microwave, comfortable beds and clean, clean , clean. Great friendly staff. Pool was ok. Overall great value. Would stay there again.Location, value, service.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank mamasu2035
Keith D, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Orlando-Lake Buena Vista, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2014

Dear Mamasu2354:

We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us for your first off Disney Property. We are a Disney Good Neighbor hotel and keep that magic alive as much as we can for you here as well! We are glad that the shuttles worked out well for you and thank you for understanding that it was the busy season. We are very happy to hear you found the place so clean you mentioned it three times! Great advice on how close we are to many things and we can't thank you enough for taking the time to let us know how your stay went, thank you again!
We look forward to seeing you stay with us again and hear what you think of our upcoming pool upgrades!

Best Regards,

Keith D.

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Resort Orlando-Lake Buena Vista

Reviewed 2 August 2014

We stayed here as a family of 4 for 19 nights. The hotel is clean, comfortable and well managed. The front desk is efficient and helpful. The pool area is great with a regular program of poolside events being run by Dan (who is an absolute asset to this hotel). These events are great and Dan is one of the nicest people you are likely to meet - so good with the kids, and big kids too!

On a Friday evening (weather permitting!) they set up a huge screen by the pool and show a movie after sunset. Its great as the parents can sit by the pool and enjoy a drink whilst the kids enjoy the pool and the film.

The rooms are comfortable and clean and well serviced. Ample secure parking, the hotel is in a good location for all the attractions - but you need a car.

Nearby there is a 7 Eleven shop and garage right next door, a Wallgreens right across the road and a good selection of restaurants nearby. The hotel also has a well stocked lobby shop too

The hotel its self does not do meals, however there is an Appelbees restaurant attached to the hotel which offers a great choice of meals at a reasonable price. If you are staying in the hotel - kids eat free, so remember to collect the vouchers at reception (breakfast, lunch & dinner)

As a Holiday Inn Gold Elite member we were fortunate to be allowed a late check out on our last day. Gold Elite also means a free newspaper each day - however this never really materialized but when on holiday - who cares!

All in all a great place to stay.

Room Tip: Gold Elite - 6th floor
1  Thank TJB333333
Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

Booked room through price line. Got a great deal. The room and facility was to Holiday in standards plus. Stayed in an older part, but had been well maintained and recently refreshed. Room was clean. Bed was great. Shower has lots of hot water and ac with cold air. Lots of kids at the pool. Two large hot tubs that worked and were hot. Beware, as in all hotel/motels/resorts in the Orlando area, resort fees are extra to all prepaid cost.

Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank Kelly G
Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

We drove down from NY,we checked in very late,this was a non hassle process. The only reason I gave it 4 stars is because there is no continental breakfast. So we started out day at the pool,let me say there is tons of activities for the children pools side and through out hotel,staff is very friendly and there was gentlemen by the name of Dan that was great with the children and kept them entertained pool side. I would visit this hotel again. Mind you this is my 3 rd holiday in,in this area. Room service was great as well. I recommend this Hoyle I would visit again.

Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank J A
Reviewed 24 July 2014

We decided to give this place a shot as we needed a place to stay for one night before heading to Disney's Contemporary. The first thing we noticed is the property is difficult to get into and out of. Coming from I-4 it takes a U-turn or a little bit of cheating to get into the resort. The staff at check-in were very friendly and courteous so no issue there. When we went to our room the hallway at the entrance reeked of smoke. Thankfully the room did not. The room did seem clean but the bathroom was apparently a breeding ground for mosquitos. I must have killed a dozen of them in there over the one night.

Now in fairness to the resort we did only stay one night so we didn't have a chance to see if they'd do something about the mosquitos. The pool area looked great but we didn't have the time to take advantage of it. And the price was, in my opinion, great. So this may be worth a shot for those with a bit of a budget and are staying several nights. If I could I'd give it 3.5 stars.

1  Thank JnDRader
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Orlando-Lake Buena Vista, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2014

Dear JnDRader,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We are sorry for the shortfalls you have experienced during your stay. Your comments are highly valuable and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for. Thank you for staying and we hope you give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Anthony M
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 17 July 2014

There seem to be a ton of Holiday Inns in the Disney area. This was very nice. Great pool, and they showed Frozen on a big screen outside while we were swimming. My kids loved it. Applebees is attached to the hotel and we got a good meal there. The only issue we had was getting in and out of the hotel. It is located in a very busy part of town and it is very close to the Outlet mall.

2  Thank tommycash1982
Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

The Holiday Inn Resort Lake Buena Vista used to be our go to hotel for our disney trips. After two years, we made another trip to Orlando and naturally chose this hotel. I booked through AAA, but still felt the rate was a bit steep for a kid suite compared to other home away from home resorts in the area. However, I booked anyway remembering how much my family liked this place.
Once we checked in, I was instantly shocked at the deterioration of the rooms. The shower curtains had some mold and the rings were turning green, the sheets were stained, as was the carpet. This wasn't enough for me to leave a poor review, though. The worst part of the stay happened at night. We went to bed at 9pm to get up for an early meeting the next day (this was a Sunday night). Around 10:15pm, I am awoken by loud chanting coming from the pool area. When I looked out of the window, I saw a group of at least twenty girls chanting in unison while looking toward my section of the building. They began to cheer and wave when I looked out of the window as if this was their goal. I called the front desk to explain the situation and "Mike" informed me that the pool was open until 11 and there wasn't much he could do but he would try. He was right - he would do nothing over the next half hour as I never saw a staff member enter the pool area. This chanting and screaming continued as I gave up and turned up the air conditioner to drown out their voices. Please note that this was not normal pool playing and screaming, this was coordinated chanting to be as loud as possible. I ended up freezing that night as I had to turn the air to 60 something degrees to keep it running. This was unacceptable that "nothing" could be done about these young ladies whom were obviously in a group party and had no adult supervision.
Also, the next morning while getting ready to check out, I was looking under the bed to make sure nothing had rolled under and discovered several pieces of popcorn and a spoon under there. We had no popcorn and no spoons during our stay, which shows housekeeping had done a poor job cleaning. I will not be staying here again and will be spending my money at their competition less than a mile down the road, closer to downtown disney. I will post the pics of the bed in the photos.

• Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank Juniemomof4
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Orlando-Lake Buena Vista, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

Dear Juniemomof4,

Thank you for staying with us and leaving such a detailed review. I am glad to see that you left some feed back on what you liked as well as what fell below your expectations. I am sorry we were not able to exceed or at least be at par with your expectation. Rest assured that the issues you have raised about the room conditions have been documented and will be forwarded to the appropriate departments for necessary actions. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHGCare

Also consider these accommodations in or near Orlando
Lake Buena Vista
Best Western Lake Buena Vista - Disney Springs Resort Area

Been to Holiday Inn Resort Orlando-Lake Buena Vista? Share your experiences!