Spent 9 nights here over New Year. Room wasn't ready on arrival, so they offered us a superior room which was extremely large, but not a great view. However, the day after they give us an equally large room on the 21st floor with terrific views. Hotel was busy with 'Corn Husker' fans down for the game, but that gave the place lots of atmosphere.
The Hotel dd nothing special for New Years Eve, but it did't need to - Rocks bar was buzzing with dancing and a live band, although drinks and bar snacks were expensive.
Found the service to be friendly and first class.
Napa restaurant is mid-priced but has a nice, relaxed atmosphere. None of the restaurants offered a 'value' breaksfast, so we tended to eat away from the hotel.
Only one minor criticism - no coffee-making facility in the room whcih means you either fgot to the coffee shop downstairs, or queue for the slightly hidden away free coffee available from 7-11am, which is a pain to get to first thing from the 21st floor. Coffee etcetera we found expensive and the coffee was cold.
A $9 room chargfe covers wireless and downstairs coffee, which is reasonable compared to some hotels.
The ducks are a really quaint attraction, incredible to watch
The downstairs pool was lovely and warm despite the chilly weather. The upstairs pool was quiet.
This hotel is probably more suited to couples than families I think though, so I would go as just the two of us, but The Portofino would be my choice with kids.
The location was perfect for both the i-drive and Buena Vista areas.
Overall, extremely satisfied and felt I got a real bargain.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxury Resort Close to All the Fun & Adventure! Hyatt Regency Orlando is an iconic hotel located in the heart of everything Orlando, Florida has to offer: theme parks, shopping, dining, nightlife and so much more. We've got something for everyone from two sparkling pools, a waterside & waterfall, a full-service spa & salon, 24-hour StayFit Gym, 7 dining & lounge options, and a customer service driven team awaiting your arrival. What Makes a Seamless Stay: • AAA Four Diamond Accommodations: 1,641 guestrooms and suites, with upgrades including view and club level rooms • Resort Pools: Complete with waterslide, waterfall, splash pad, separate kiddie pool area and cabanas available for rent • Location on International Drive: Guests receive two daily I-Ride Trolley tickets to nearby I-Drive locations including Pointe Orlando, I-Drive 360, SeaWorld and Aquatica. • Enjoy Orlando Attractions: We are minutes from Universal Orlando Resort, Walt Disney World Resort and SeaWorld. • Vibrant Dining: Choose from five Full- Service Dining outlets, two bars, a grab & go and 24 hr. room service. Our pools, spa and sunshine are calling your name. Book with us today to make memories that will last a lifetime. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline, Ebookers, Prestigia, Southall Travel, TravelUp, Ctrip TA, 5viajes2012 S.L., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Hyatt Regency Orlando reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Peabody Orlando Hotel Orlando
- The Peabody Hotel Orlando
- Peabody Orlando
- Peabody Hotel Orlando Fl
- Hyatt Regency Orlando Florida