“A great Christmas Brunch in Orlando”

Hyatt Regency Orlando
Ranked #28 of 337 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersSilver level
Charlottesville, Virginia
“A great Christmas Brunch in Orlando”
Reviewed 25 December 2012 via mobile

We chose this year to spend our Christmas day at the Peabody enjoying their Christmas brunch based on the reviews on trip advisor.
The food was superb as well as the service too , non stop champagne flowed all day as well , worth the $65 per head easily.
My wife particulasy liked the crab but was less impressed that the only real choice of vegetables was brusselk sprouts . We both still taste this a 9 out of 10 as a place to eat on christmas day

• Stayed December 2012
2 Thank bvlynch
MarshallKelberman, Director of Rooms at Hyatt Regency Orlando, responded to this review, 27 December 2012
Dear bvlynch:

Thank you for spending a part of your Christmas at The Peabody Orlando. I am glad you enjoyed superb food and service from our talented and dedicated team. We appreciate your feedback, which I have shared with our food and beverage team. I hope you will be in our area next year to enjoy this festive feast.

Director of Rooms, The Peabody Orlando

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (954)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
Lincolnshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 December 2012

We are currently staying here, this is our 2nd visit and over the last 24 years of visiting Orlando have never returned to a hotel, but this is now our 2nd visit here and intend next summer to return again. We have 2 days left of our 14 day holiday but feel confident enough to say everything in the hotel is superb, outstanding. From the front desk, to valet parking, the b.line diner the shops, the club level service, housekeeping everything is perfect. Absolutely everyone always acknowledges you and always has a friendly smile, I definitely recommend this hotel the rooms and every area and aspect is perfect, do not hesitate in booking this lovely friendly extremely well run hotel.

Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
Dear UkField:

I enjoy reading you describe your stay at The Peabody Orlando as superb and outstanding. Thank you for your review and return business. We appreciate your recommendation of our hotel and our opportunity to host your future visits. I will enjoy sharing your review with our staff as I know that all of us look forward to welcoming you back next summer.

Bromma, Sweden
Reviewed 23 December 2012

The Peabody in Orlando is a great experience. Staff very nice, great beds, great food, good parking, room excellent, clean & silent. I booked via Hotels.com two times and realized a 20 USD lower price than the other two nights I booked 3weeks ahead of stay. Can only recommend this place.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
MarshallKelberman, Director of Rooms at Hyatt Regency Orlando, responded to this review, 26 December 2012
Dear Michael W:

I appreciate knowing that your stay at The Peabody Orlando was a great experience. Thank you for your business and recommendation of our hotel. When visiting our area again, I look forward to the opportunity to serve as your host hotel.

Brighton, Ontario
Reviewed 22 December 2012

Great staff, Great rooms, Lovely beds, The TV in the mirror in the bathroom was a nice addition to watch while getting ready.
We ate at most of the on site restaurants and they were all fabulous, attentive service but not overkill, and all our meals were delicious.
The scallop's, and halibut were great!!!!
The Diner with it's wonderful takeout counterfor late night tea and delicious desserts for back in the room were wonderful.
That just leaves the Peabody duck's.... What can be said young or old we all enjoyed their twice daily march!!!!

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends
Dear Lynda T:

Thank you for staying with us at The Peabody Orlando and for sharing your experience with me. I value learning what our guests enjoy most about their time with us, particularly when it pertains to our great staff. I am glad you found your guest room comfortable, our food and beverage offerings delicious, and enjoyed our very special twice daily Duck March! Hope to see you again soon.

Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 20 December 2012

The greeting and line on check in was minimal on Tuesday PM. The clerk was most helpful and upgraded me to a business King due to the dog show occurring during the same week as business. All staff was most courteous and helpful. There was no comp breakfast but the restaurants had excellent food and choices. If you wanted minimal snacks or small items there were 2 snack areas to choose from as well as plenty of seating areas. Got to love the duck family (their mascocts) at the indoor fountain.
Didn't try the water features but the bar/grill was very good.
The bed was very comfortable, clean room and not worn out in areas. I would recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Small frige in room for day snacks...no coffee in room or micro. Coffee available in lobby from 6:3...
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled solo
Dear Linda C:

It’s a pleasure to know how you enjoyed your stay with us at The Peabody Orlando, I appreciate your business. Whether for business or pleasure, I look forward to our next opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel.

Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 20 December 2012

This is a luxury hotel with many amenities and good service. I stayed there during the annual American Kennel Club / Eukanuba show in December. I am very particular so I'd give this hotel a 9.5 on a scale of 10.

What I liked:
- Large, comfortable rooms, great views
- Plush and large bath towels
- Good service (desk clerks, concierge, etc.)
- Large bathroom mirror with (remote controlled) TV embedded in it
- Two pools (outdoors but heated) with late evening hours, In one of the pools you can swim while watching the fireworks at Disneyworld!
- Literally across the street from the Orlando Convention Center
- Concierge gives free passes for the trolley that takes you to two Premium Outlet Malls. (I preferred the Outlet on Vineland, better merchandise and some real bargain prices.)
- Wall safe for valuables and robe in closet
- Nice Business center where you can log into e-mail, print, ship packages, etc.
- Best key lime pie in their restaurants that I have ever tasted!

What I didn't like:
- No coffee maker in room; I was told that there is free coffee in the lobby but you have to dress somewhat decently to go downstairs to do that. This omission seems somewhat snooty.
- They charge for using the hotel gym and several other items. Ask in advance and check your bill regularly to avoid surprised.
- They charge you for receiving packages of any size or weight, that is ridiculous.
- Some wealthy hotel guests who feel entitled to do as they please. One night I had a room full of kids next door making loud noises, they had been left unsupervised by their parents. On the other side was a group of several adults who had obviously been partying and drinking elsewhere and came to finish up partying from 1:30 to 3:00 a.m. Money does not buy class -- or considerate behavior.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank L C
Dear L C:

I’m glad we had the opportunity to welcome the American Kennel Club/Eukanuba back to The Peabody Orlando; we are very conveniently located to these events at the Orange County Convention Center along with a number of popular destinations along International Drive. Thank you for your valuable feedback. I appreciate knowing that you enjoyed your accommodations and our hotel amenities along with our good service.

I regret any disappointments you experienced during your stay, but appreciate hearing about them so we may work to improve the products and services we offer. I hope you will be participating in future AKC events as we will have the pleasure of hosting future conventions. Whether you return for this event next year or for another purpose, I look forward to seeing you back at our hotel again.

Estoril, Portugal
Reviewed 20 December 2012

This is a huge hotel right in front of the Orange Convention Centre , so very convenient if you are attending an event there. The hotel doubles on everything: double towers, double receptions, double entrance areas, double breakfast venues, double king beds in rooms... It is grandiose in conception and has 5 star quality in the typical American style, which means it lacks in little details especially in the rooms. Reception and concierge service is attentive and tipping, the key to good service in the USA, gets you anything fast. Overall prices of services are a bit high although room rates are quite ok, Breakfast not included. Rooms are big and well appointed although a bit outdated in style. Excellent bathroom, amenities minimalist ( no shower cap nor bath gel), very interesting tv screen in bathroom mirror which only a few guests will ever find a use for! I would have rather had a tea/ coffee set machine to use as American breakfast is not my style. This you can have at the coffee shop "Beeline" in true American style( greasy and delicious) or in a more stylish, elegant and classic location at the "Nappa" restaurant ( I favoured this one, closer to my room)The biggest issue about staying at this hotel is the ammount of walking you have to be prepared to do within the premises to get anywhere just within the hotel! Certainly not fit for certain middle age guests...This being said, the hotel delivers what you can expect from this sort of category and class establishment.The highlight of the stay being ( and not to be missed) the morning and aftenoon Duck Parade in the lobby bar which is quite unique! The hotel is situated in a convenient " I Ride" bus route which takes you in 15/20 minutes to any of the Orlando attractions and to the 2 fabulous Premium Outlets not to be missed if you are a good shopper!

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank lagartixa47
Dear lagartixa47:

I appreciate your review on The Peabody Orlando. I am pleased to know that our staff was attentive, providing you with 4-Star, 4-Diamond quality service, and that you enjoyed our unique twice daily Duck March. Thank you for staying with us and providing me with your feedback. Should you travel back to Orlando, I hope you will book a return stay at our hotel.