“Nice Hotel, lovel pool”

Hyatt Regency Orlando
Ranked #30 of 342 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 3 October 2013

We got a great deal on the Peabody hotel staying there in August 2013, it is a big hotel but dont let that put you off. We had a car and used the self parking which we found to be fine but we were in the part of the hotel nearest the car parking garage so this wasnt too much of a walk for us and they do also run a shuttle service but its really not that far.
The best bit of the hotel is the pool, the slide is a cool bonus and i found the pool area to be such a pleasant relaxing area to lounge around in the afternoon sun. If you wish they will bring drinks and food to you by the pool so you dont even have to move!
The WIFI is a bit limited and we found that we didnt get a great reception in our room, but i think that was due to where we were situated as in other parts of the hotel it was fine.
I love the duck soaps they leave in your room and the TV in the mirror in the bathroom and the huge bed reminds you that this is a 4/5 star hotel.
Its a shame because i heard that the hotel had been bought and would be rebranded, it really should stay as the elegant Peabody.

Room Tip: Try to go for a room in the black neareast the self parking garage the rooms on that side have been...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Swa25

Reviewed 2 October 2013

Stayed at the Peabody in December 2012 for 19 nights, family, disney etc., etc. First impressions were good although, it lacked that festive feel for December a little sterile as it is very geared towards business clients rather than leisure. However, the rooms was excellent, the staff cannot do enough for you, not having tea and coffee in your room is definitely a no no. Although an impressive hotel, I have decided to stay in the Rosen Plaza this year in December, purely because of the festive feel and the effort to decorate the outside. Whoever stays at the Peabody I am sure will not be disappointed.

The beds in the room are the best we have ever slept in.

If you do not have a car and using transport, there are I.Ride tickets given at reception for guests - we used these and found the transport system to the parks excellent.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Allrounder12
Reviewed 2 October 2013

I stayed here for 2 nights for a convention that was happening in the Peabody's conference rooms and overall enjoyed my stay. There was nothing exceptional or out of the ordinary from a comparable hotel but that's not to say it wasn't comfortable or smooth. My only gripe, as it is for most hotels, is the crappy feather/down pillows that are given. There was a like a thousand of them on the bed (ok slight exaggeration) but no other alternatives available in the linen closet nor any indication in the hotel guide to say whether they offered different ones. (That said, I didn't bother calling to ask for alternatives since I wasn't stay there for long, or for leisure). Bathroom was very nice, the TV in the mirror is a bit of a novelty (though it's a bit distracting when trying to brush your teeth). Also I very much appreciated the free bottle of water provided in the bar fridge. You've no idea how nice that is when you've been in meetings all day.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank trafficsounds
Reviewed 1 October 2013

Easy check in process...
huge & spacious lobby...
excellent rooms...
prefered coffee maker in the room...
lacking signages in the hotel to guide you to correct places....
expensive food...
staffs were extremely cooperative..

Room Tip: collect the i drive pass from front office ... shop & eat in the international drive
Reviewed 30 September 2013

During a recent medical convention, I stayed at the Peabody hotel in Orlando. Having stayed there in the past, I was expecting the fine accommodations that I had enjoyed in the past. Unfortunately, I was assigned to be in the newer tower (North?). Arriving early, I hope to check in in the morning. Although I was told I could check in as there were available rooms, I would told that I would be changed half of a room rate to do so therefore I deferred. During my meeting on a Saturday, I heard complaints from others about the noise in their room which kept them up, but did not think much about it. Unfortunately, I was kept up until 11:30 PM by the sounds of what appeared to be children running on the floor(s) above me. I was finally able to sleep by creating white noise on the TV in the room (the iPod/iPhone clock radio did not work with my iPhone at all). Room service... a Reuben sandwich was "OK",... not great. Overall not the great experience I had during 10 prior stays over the last 10+ years.

Room Tip: Avoid the North Tower. Way too much external noise.
1  Thank UncleBob
Reviewed 30 September 2013

I have traveled to Orlando many times on business and for pleasure and my stays at the Peaboldy Orlando have never failed to satisfy. From the moment you check in the staff is eager to please, all the way from the front desk to the room cleaners to the restaraunt and other business staff, everyone seems to be on the same page as far as making your stay as pleasant as possible. The price is steep, there's no denying, but I'm usually able to find some discounted rate online when I'm paying my own way. Orlando hotel rates are high to begin with so you can pay a lot more and still not get the kind of service that the Peabody offers. I will stay there anytime I'm in the area.

Room Tip: In Orlando, as in most places, its best to get a room a little away from the elevators. Lots of fam...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank OMacbeth
Reviewed 29 September 2013

I spent an entire week at the Peabody from September 15 through the 21st while attending one of my doctoral residencies with Walden University. My actual residency did not start until Wednesday which allowed me adequate time to enjoy the facilities prior to getting down to business. Accompanying me were my three-year old daughter, mother and 18 year old nephew. The room (#20405) which is on the 4th floor incidentally, consisted of two king beds and we also requested a roll-a-way bed for my nephew which they nicely provided at no extra charge (perhaps since I booked through Walden?). I will note I have stayed in some very nice places over the years for both business and leisure and the Peabody did not leave me disappointed.

We were all pleasantly surprised by how nice the accommodations were overall. As many have stated on here the beds, pillows and bedding were very comfortable, and the small touches of luxury such as the TV in the bathroom mirror and movement activated night lights really gave it that 5-star feel. My daughter especially liked the little duck shaped soaps that they used in the bathrooms and I personally felt the toiletries they provided were better than average. The grounds are very well kept, the staff polite and friendly, and the food wonderful and worth the price (you get what you pay for...good food=$$$). The B-Line Diner has decadent desserts if you feel like treating yourself to a sinful dessert! There is a cooling unit with a "feed the fridge" option and our room also had a small refrigerator even though we did not request one. The presence of a coffee pot would have made things absolutely perfect, however there is coffee available downstairs at a little coffee shop but be prepared to pay $3-$4 or more depending on how fancy you like it.

I had no difficulty with Wi-Fi and the desk/ work area in the room was adequate for my business needs while at residency. Our housekeeping staff were very pleasant and friendly and did a great job. We experienced a very smooth check-in and check-out process with virtually no wait time involved. They offer valet or there is a self-parking ramp located behind the main tower. If you are lucky you might even catch one of the staff with go-kart-like trains who will give you rides back and forth, although the walk is not terribly long unless you are carrying anything or traveling with elderly or toddlers who may very much appreciate the lift.

The pool area was amazing with several pools and a hot tub to choose from. They have a children's pool area complete with a beach, a sprinkler play area, a zero entry pool and a waterfall pool as well as an additional rooftop pool I did not find time to explore. They have a spa facility I regret to note I did not get to experience although I heard from some colleagues it was wonderful. Additionally, the Orange County Conference Center is just a short walk across the street and down a little ways from the hotel which was nice since many of my seminars were held there.

Last, but not least the Peabody ducks were such a fun tradition to witness. Unfortunately, the week I stayed was the next to the last week they would perform their duck march with the duck master prior to being retired since Hyatt has purchased the property and is discontinuing the tradition when the keys change hands October 1st.

1  Thank caminocowgirl