“New management, great hotel”

Hyatt Regency Orlando
Ranked #27 of 339 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersSilver level
Carlsbad, California, United States
“New management, great hotel”
Reviewed 9 October 2013

I just stayed at the Hyatt Regency Orlando, which was the Peabody until this month. The property is beautiful, the rooms well appointed and the service and staff were friendly and helpful. I was attending a conference and the food was also good.

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (979)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
Deltona, Florida
Reviewed 8 October 2013

It was gorgeous, clean, spacious and LUXURIOUS. I will miss you PEABODY ORLANDO!!! Why did you have to sell?!? The DUCKS were its charm. The pool, waterfall, water slide were great. The restaurants and bars outstanding. Pricy but great. Staff was helpful, attentive. Rooms clean, beds soft, tub large, Flat screen t.v. *IN* bathroom mirror, so you could lay in tub and tv!!!

Lots of places to go around close by. Bars and family activities. Walgreens close by. Attractions all over. The March of the ducks was the best. Room view phenomenal on 24th floor. SAD its gone as of OCT 1st. Where did the ducks go??

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank TattednHated
Reviewed 3 October 2013

We got a great deal on the Peabody hotel staying there in August 2013, it is a big hotel but dont let that put you off. We had a car and used the self parking which we found to be fine but we were in the part of the hotel nearest the car parking garage so this wasnt too much of a walk for us and they do also run a shuttle service but its really not that far.
The best bit of the hotel is the pool, the slide is a cool bonus and i found the pool area to be such a pleasant relaxing area to lounge around in the afternoon sun. If you wish they will bring drinks and food to you by the pool so you dont even have to move!
The WIFI is a bit limited and we found that we didnt get a great reception in our room, but i think that was due to where we were situated as in other parts of the hotel it was fine.
I love the duck soaps they leave in your room and the TV in the mirror in the bathroom and the huge bed reminds you that this is a 4/5 star hotel.
Its a shame because i heard that the hotel had been bought and would be rebranded, it really should stay as the elegant Peabody.

Room Tip: Try to go for a room in the black neareast the self parking garage the rooms on that side have been...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Swa25
Essex
Reviewed 2 October 2013

Stayed at the Peabody in December 2012 for 19 nights, family, disney etc., etc. First impressions were good although, it lacked that festive feel for December a little sterile as it is very geared towards business clients rather than leisure. However, the rooms was excellent, the staff cannot do enough for you, not having tea and coffee in your room is definitely a no no. Although an impressive hotel, I have decided to stay in the Rosen Plaza this year in December, purely because of the festive feel and the effort to decorate the outside. Whoever stays at the Peabody I am sure will not be disappointed.

The beds in the room are the best we have ever slept in.

If you do not have a car and using transport, there are I.Ride tickets given at reception for guests - we used these and found the transport system to the parks excellent.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Allrounder12
Santa Monica, California
Reviewed 2 October 2013

I stayed here for 2 nights for a convention that was happening in the Peabody's conference rooms and overall enjoyed my stay. There was nothing exceptional or out of the ordinary from a comparable hotel but that's not to say it wasn't comfortable or smooth. My only gripe, as it is for most hotels, is the crappy feather/down pillows that are given. There was a like a thousand of them on the bed (ok slight exaggeration) but no other alternatives available in the linen closet nor any indication in the hotel guide to say whether they offered different ones. (That said, I didn't bother calling to ask for alternatives since I wasn't stay there for long, or for leisure). Bathroom was very nice, the TV in the mirror is a bit of a novelty (though it's a bit distracting when trying to brush your teeth). Also I very much appreciated the free bottle of water provided in the bar fridge. You've no idea how nice that is when you've been in meetings all day.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank trafficsounds
Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Reviewed 1 October 2013

Easy check in process...
huge & spacious lobby...
excellent rooms...
prefered coffee maker in the room...
lacking signages in the hotel to guide you to correct places....
expensive food...
staffs were extremely cooperative..

Room Tip: collect the i drive pass from front office ... shop & eat in the international drive
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed 30 September 2013

During a recent medical convention, I stayed at the Peabody hotel in Orlando. Having stayed there in the past, I was expecting the fine accommodations that I had enjoyed in the past. Unfortunately, I was assigned to be in the newer tower (North?). Arriving early, I hope to check in in the morning. Although I was told I could check in as there were available rooms, I would told that I would be changed half of a room rate to do so therefore I deferred. During my meeting on a Saturday, I heard complaints from others about the noise in their room which kept them up, but did not think much about it. Unfortunately, I was kept up until 11:30 PM by the sounds of what appeared to be children running on the floor(s) above me. I was finally able to sleep by creating white noise on the TV in the room (the iPod/iPhone clock radio did not work with my iPhone at all). Room service... a Reuben sandwich was "OK",... not great. Overall not the great experience I had during 10 prior stays over the last 10+ years.

Room Tip: Avoid the North Tower. Way too much external noise.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business