This was my first time at this property and after frequenting several Orlando area hotels throughout each year I decided to try something new. After driving up three hours from Boca Raton Friday evening we arrived at the hotel around 9:30pm where we walked into a check-in queue 4 rows deep. Tired and unwilling to wait my party and I figured we'd grab some food and drink at the bar in the hopes that the check-in crowd would dissipate. Nearly 1.5 hours later (11pm) we walked back over and it was still the same situation. This frustrates me as I have stayed at just about every 4+ star hotel in the area and this is never the case regardless of the weekend and/or time. This was reminiscent of the check-in lines at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas--completely uncalled for, especially at 11pm upon check-in.
While everyone at the hotel was very gracious and outgoing this was something I had to share seeing as how you're still finding your footing after taking over from the Peabody. I would strongly suggest you look into this issue immediately as it was extremely uninviting not only after driving three hours but as a first-time guest in your hotel. As a guest it appeared that the check-in desk was grossly understaffed.
The hotel itself was very well appointed, however, I left scratching my head as to what made this a 4.5-star versus a 4-star. Personally, I prefer Rosen Shingle Creek or the Waldorf Astoria / Hilton Bonnet Creek if only for their massive green spaces and surroundings.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxury Resort Close to All the Fun & Adventure! Hyatt Regency Orlando is an iconic hotel located in the heart of everything Orlando, Florida has to offer: theme parks, shopping, dining, nightlife and so much more. We've got something for everyone from two sparkling pools, a waterside & waterfall, a full-service spa & salon, 24-hour StayFit Gym, 7 dining & lounge options, and a customer service driven team awaiting your arrival. What Makes a Seamless Stay: • AAA Four Diamond Accommodations: 1,641 guestrooms and suites, with upgrades including view and club level rooms • Resort Pools: Complete with waterslide, waterfall, splash pad, separate kiddie pool area and cabanas available for rent • Location on International Drive: Guests receive two daily I-Ride Trolley tickets to nearby I-Drive locations including Pointe Orlando, I-Drive 360, SeaWorld and Aquatica. • Enjoy Orlando Attractions: We are minutes from Universal Orlando Resort, Walt Disney World Resort and SeaWorld. • Vibrant Dining: Choose from five Full- Service Dining outlets, two bars, a grab & go and 24 hr. room service. Our pools, spa and sunshine are calling your name. Book with us today to make memories that will last a lifetime. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Expedia, Booking.com, TravelUp, Southall Travel, Hotels.com, Prestigia, Odigeo, Priceline, Ctrip TA, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Hyatt Regency Orlando reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Peabody Orlando Hotel Orlando
- The Peabody Hotel Orlando
- Peabody Orlando
- Peabody Hotel Orlando Fl
- Hyatt Regency Orlando Florida