“Room For Improvement”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Boca Raton, Florida, United States
“Room For Improvement”
Reviewed 17 February 2014

This was my first time at this property and after frequenting several Orlando area hotels throughout each year I decided to try something new. After driving up three hours from Boca Raton Friday evening we arrived at the hotel around 9:30pm where we walked into a check-in queue 4 rows deep. Tired and unwilling to wait my party and I figured we'd grab some food and drink at the bar in the hopes that the check-in crowd would dissipate. Nearly 1.5 hours later (11pm) we walked back over and it was still the same situation. This frustrates me as I have stayed at just about every 4+ star hotel in the area and this is never the case regardless of the weekend and/or time. This was reminiscent of the check-in lines at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas--completely uncalled for, especially at 11pm upon check-in.

While everyone at the hotel was very gracious and outgoing this was something I had to share seeing as how you're still finding your footing after taking over from the Peabody. I would strongly suggest you look into this issue immediately as it was extremely uninviting not only after driving three hours but as a first-time guest in your hotel. As a guest it appeared that the check-in desk was grossly understaffed.

The hotel itself was very well appointed, however, I left scratching my head as to what made this a 4.5-star versus a 4-star. Personally, I prefer Rosen Shingle Creek or the Waldorf Astoria / Hilton Bonnet Creek if only for their massive green spaces and surroundings.

Room Tip: International tower facing Orlando. High floor.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
HRORLANDO, Manager at Hyatt Regency Orlando, responded to this review, 19 February 2014
JamesAce,

Thank you for your feedback and for staying with us on your trip from Boca. We've had great success in all service levels after taking over for Peabody and I hate to hear of a situation such as this. There have been a few situations when large groups coming in from one area or all delayed due to weather (which has been a frequent occurance this year due to all the storms) arrive at the same time which can cause congestion at the front desk. It's certainly not an excuse or something we deem acceptable and will make sure we speak with the staff so that it won't happen again to any other guests.

We pride ourselves on providing the best service in the area and hope that our service is what's driving our strong customer feedback results giving us the 4.5 stars. We will continue to pursue that by ensuring issues such as the one you encountered are rectified and we learn from our customers.

Brian C.
Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (968)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
Lexington, South Carolina
Reviewed 16 February 2014

My sister and I scheduled massages at The Spa at Hyatt Regency Orlando and had a wonderful experience. My masseuse was Saulo, and he was expert and very professional in his procedures, concentrated on specific requested areas and left me feeling totally relaxed. My sister enjoyed hers equally and will no doubt be writing a review as well.

The hot tub and other amenities were pristine and a totally pampering and relaxing atmosphere.

When we are in the area again, I will definitely take advantage of the different services and areas at The Spa again!

Room Tip: We were on the 21st floor facing the city, and the view was lovely. A heavy rain storm approached o...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
HotelManager_Brian, Manager at Hyatt Regency Orlando, responded to this review, 17 February 2014
Dear Bcshealy,

Thank you for recent visit to The Spa at Hyatt Regency Orlando and for sharing your experience of the serentiy pools and amenities. I am glad to hear you enjoyed relaxation and rejuvenation, that is our goal.

Come back and visit again soon!

Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 16 February 2014

My wife and I visited the Hyatt Regency Orlando (Formerly The Peabody Hotel) on Valentines Night 2014. We self parked which is available in the garage adjacent to the hotel. Valet parking is also available for a slightly higher fee. There is a connecting walkway from the second level of the garage over to the hotel, but it is enough of a hike to make you consider valet parking over self parking. The hotel was extremely busy upon our arrival. The desk staff did their best to keep the line moving although they did seem a bit understaffed as well. While there are a few remnants of the old Peabody decor in the hotel, Hyatt has definitely revamped the place to make it their own. The hotel is beautiful in and out. Our room was on the 21st floor of the new building. The room was very nice. Some very nice items to note were the television embedded within the bathroom mirror, individual reading lights above each bed, and the motion activated led lights beneath both the bathroom sink and nightstand for those late night bathroom runs. These touches were subtle but unique. The rooms were clean and modern. Water pressure was also decent. We briefly called in room dining to ask them to bring us some sugar, creamer and utensils. Not only did we end up calling twice, but when they finally arrived, they only brought us sugar. As a result, I ended up walking over to the B-Line Diner to get what I needed. Speaking of the B-Line diner, this is one place I'm glad Hyatt retained when they took over the hotel. The B-Line is a 24 hour diner located in the hotel. I have literally just come to this hotel in the past solely to eat at the B-Line. Prices are what you'd expect from a hotel's food establishment....expensive. But the food and service are great.....and their dessert selection makes you spend some time staring into the display. We ended up having breakfast at the B-Line the following morning. Other than the steep prices, no complaints. Great food. Always! All in all, this is a very nice hotel and highly recommended if you are staying in the orlando area. It is close to everything. Attractions, shopping, restaraunts, you name it. Give it a try.

Room Tip: Views from the high floors are spectacular!
Dear BuddhaBrown,

Thank you for returning to spend such a special holiday with us! I appreciate your feedback relating to your front desk experience and will be sure to review in order to avoid this in the future.

I look forward to sharing your comments on the B-Line Diner with the team - who will be happy to welcome you back on your next visit.

Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 16 February 2014

Pros: Located adjacent to Convention Center , Pointe Orlando, and South I-Drive
Cons: I-Drive traffic may make access tricky

This was the first time I have stayed here since Hyatt took over the former Peabody property. They have made a brilliant renovation, keeping some hints of their origin (notice the ducks in the elevator floors?) while updating the property with a clean, modern look.

The room was very spacious and well appointed. There was a refrigerator for use, always a nice touch. There were also motion activated lights on the floor, creating automatic illumination if you walked around with the lights out. The bedding was fantastic, with a variety of pillows and a terrific mattress. While we didn't use the room service, we noted that they had a wide variety of options, even having some options to order "packages" of food and drink for your room (like a movie snack pack, or alcohol and mixers).

The hotel lobby has several bars and restaurants available, so you don't need to leave the property if you don't want to. Some are open 24 hours to satisfy any craving. There is also a well-stocked sundries store should you want to take food or snacks back to your room.

Overall, with a comfortable, well appointed room in a great location, what more do you need? This was a perfect local "stay-cation" for us, and we will be back again.

2 Thank William H
Dear Williman H,

We love welcoming locals for a 'stay-cation'!

Thank you for your review and recent stay, we hope to see you again soon.

Regards,
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 15 February 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for business during the AKC event and it was such a great experience. Aside from one or two night staff the guest services were very friendly and helpful as well as quick. I had a shelf in the bathroom fall and it was fixed right away.
The room is absolutely gorgeous and the beds and pillows are wonderful! I will say the comforters were a little light but I just used the set from the other bed for more warmth. The bathroom was great, even had a scale! The TV worked perfectly in the mirror, although I would have preferred HD or better reception in both the bathroom and main room TV. The bathtub is perfect for a nice bath, but try to shop for bath items outside the hotel as their bath bombs and other items are ridiculously overpriced.
Wifi was pretty spotty for being in such a nice hotel. That was very disappointing.
Room service was very quick and delicious, although again a bit overpriced for the quality of food.
The restaurants are outstanding! Fiorenzo Steakhouse was delicious. The steak was out of this world and service was just as good. I would visit the hotel again just for a dinner there.
All in all it's a great hotel if you're willing to put out the cost. Only recommendations is don't expect much from wifi or TV, and go out for food!

Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank tellemarie
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 15 February 2014 via mobile

I've visited this hotel several times in the past as the Peabody, and was a bit apprehensive to visit a hotel that was acquired by a massive hotel chain, but WOW were all of my fears discarded quickly.

Upon arrival, smiling valets who were eager to help us with our bags. Check in was a breeze, and we were made to always feel important and appreciated by all staff members we encountered.

The accommodations were wonderful! I was here on a business conference with Mercedes Benz, and was so graciously upgraded to a suite upon arrival. Every detail was taken care of, with a smile might I add.

The pool is another attribute of this hotel that has to be mentioned. It's massive, and laden with waterfalls and a grotto, and poolside service. There is a dedicated kids pool as well, which was great to keep the toddlers out of the main pool.

I will tell you that I'm a foodie, and normally plan most of my meals on vacation. Since this was a business trip, with limited times to venture out to eat, I ended up eating in the hotel and I have to say I was floored by the quality and flavor profiles of everything I ate! The amazing food in Napa specifically the mushroom risotto, was suburb. Breakfast or lunch in the B-Line diner impressive as well. At breakfast, the eggs Benedict with real lump crab meat was to die for and for lunch you must try the blackened fish sandwich, local caught fish tender and juicy. I was constantly wowed by the attention to detail and overall consistency of the food. And the service! It was on point at every turn.

I think it's important to mention that I had one slight issue during my stay, which was quickly rectified by management, and even the General Manager Brian stepped in to assist. The only reason I mention it, is to identify how quickly everyone stepped in to rectify a situation.

I have to tell you, I stay at hotels all over the World (mostly luxury ones for leisure) and I rarely do I encounter service that is so attentive and genuinely caring about the overall guest experience as this one did.

Bravo to the team there for making a business trip feel like a vacation. I will certainly be back the next time my hotel plans call for Orlando for business or leisure.

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank ATLfoodie1976
HotelManager_Brian, Manager at Hyatt Regency Orlando, responded to this review, 19 February 2014
Dear ATLfoodie1976,

It was my pleasure to make your acquaintance, thank you for giving ust he opportunity to overcome the situation you encountered.

I very much appreciate your detailed review and will be certain to share it with our team of associates.

We look forward to welcoming you back very soon to Hyatt Regency Orlando.

Florida
Reviewed 14 February 2014

My husband was attending a work conference at the Convention Center across the street from the hotel, so they had the employees stay here. I came with him, to visit with friends while he did his work events. Drove up into the loop to check in, only to find out it was only for buses (not marked, or if it was, certainly not marked well). So, I moved the car to the next loop, only to find that I was not allowed there either. So, at the 3rd stop that was the "main lobby", however due to congestion of cars, I couldn't stay there. So, I had to leave drive around and then come back to get my husband so we could park finally! We then go in, up the elevator, only then to find out we are in the wrong tower. No one told him, while checking in that there were different elevators and which ones to take. So, after at least 30 minutes, plus the over : hour stormy drive, we finally get to our room!! The room itself was very nice. The motion sensor lights were a nice touch. However, they became distracting when one of us would getup in the middle of the night to use the restroom, as it lit up just enough to wake the other. We fixed it by moving items I fromt of the night stands. Nothing we could do about the one in the bathroom however. I didn't use the spa or breakfast, but it wouldn't erase the bubbles, so I just kept it as average (not good, but not bad)

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
overnighter04,

I am sorry to hear about the arrival experience you had when trying to check into the hotel for your recent conference. We do pride ourselves and making sure we have normal and human signage at every step and clearly didn't provide that to you, which I apologize.

I would love to have a chance to speak with you personally about this and hope that you'll consider messaging us privately so we can contact you.

We hope that we'll get another opportunity to host you here for business or pleasure and will ensure you have a memorable experience.

Best,