“Very pleasant stay”

GreenLeadersSilver level
London
“Very pleasant stay”
Reviewed 18 March 2014

We stayed here for 3 nights and were very pleased with our experience. I must admit I was hesitant to stay in such a large hotel, but all the staff were friendly and attentive at all times. It's a beautiful modern property with a wonderful pool area, including a fun slide for the kids. The gym was also very impressive. A very quick drive to shopping and restaurants, and about 15 minute drive away from the big theme parks. Our room on the 25th floor had a southwesterly view, which included some of the theme parks, much to my son's delight.

The only glitch during our stay was that someone set a 6am alarm clock for a Saturday morning in the room directly across from us. The volume was insanely high - and it turns out the room was vacant. I called the operator and security came up immediately to address the issue. I certainly appreciated their quick response.

I would definitely stay here again - highly recommended.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
HRORLANDO, Manager at Hyatt Regency Orlando, responded to this review, 19 March 2014
Thank you so much for the feedback! I'm happy to hear that your family enjoyed themselves and was able to experience the pool as well!

We are sorry about the alarm, but we're glad we were able to recover!

We hope that we'll see you back in Orlando soon!

Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (957)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
Sarasota, Florida
Reviewed 17 March 2014

Celebrated our anniversary here. Stayed for three nights (originally booked two nights, but loved it and stayed longer.
Staff was very customer focused, many asked if they could help. Joseph at the front desk was great and so was Christopher in the spa department. The view from our room was fantastic, great views of downtown Orlando, and the theme parks (ask for the pool view rooms in the newer tower). We watched the theme park fireworks from our room every night! The only people that could be better at customer service, were the servers in the B-Line Diner.

Room Tip: Newer tower, pool view
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
HRORLANDO, Manager at Hyatt Regency Orlando, responded to this review, 18 March 2014
Seaside14,

Thank you for the great feedback! We're glad you enjoyed your anniversary with us and hope we can host you both back here again soon!

Delray Beach, Florida
Reviewed 17 March 2014

Great accommodations. Rooms were well equipped and modestly sized. Staff was always around with answers. I really liked the golf cart shuttle to The Pointe Center, especially after being on my feet all day. The Pool located in the recreational area was tremendous, a dull lap pool. Hotel is great for kids as well,

Bribex,

Thank you for the feedback. We appreciate you taking time to write a review and we hope we'll get the chance to host you again on a return stay in Orlando!

Best,
Suffolk
Reviewed 17 March 2014

So, an upscale hotel chain opposite the convention centre doesn't have to work too hard to get business, does it?

Well, clearly not.. I went for a business meeting in the lobby during - of course - the convention that I was attending. The place is nice, clean, swanky even. The service, however, is slow and laboured... when we finally ordered drinks from one of the few passing staff, we had to wait maybe fifteen minutes, and the lounge area was NOT busy. What can go wrong with a round for six people? Nothing; the only problem was the price, ninety dollars for a round is simply too much, no matter how comfortable the surroundings.

I can't help but think that this property was better when it was a Peabody franchise...

TACHsuffolk,

Thank you for letting us know about your stay and the experience you had with our lobby and our service. I'm dissapointed to hear how long it took for your drinks to be delivered and will address with our staff. We do take this very seriously and will make sure it does not become an issue for any other guests. In regards to price, we've actually made a very concious effort to reduce prices in our Restaurants and Bars since we took over the property in order to ensure our guests satisfaction. We will continue to evaluate to ensure that all guests are being provided value!

Thank you again and we do hope we will have another opportunity to host you again soon.

Reviewed 16 March 2014 via mobile

Stayed a weekend here after a conference. Roomies a big and well equipped, the staffs is friendly and the breakfast in the diner is delicious.
The hotel also has good parking facilities and grea pool areas.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Junget,

Thank you for taking time to provide feedback. I'm glad to hear that your stay during and after your conference was good. We are excited when we hear our guests use the property for both Leisure and Business as that's what it was built for!

Please come back and see us again soon.

Wilton, Connecticut
Reviewed 15 March 2014

I was in Orlando for 2 days/1 night for the Global Pet Expo. I thought staying across the street from the convention center would be easy. NOT!

After a long day at the show I trundled my rollie bag and my rollie show bag across the street. The signage for check in is POOR. There are at least 4 grand entrances that all look as if they could be the actual entrance. The first appeared wrong, and I saw a sign to registration. Dragging my bags, I continued around the outside, and the second didn't look quite right either. Managed to get myself and 50 lbs of luggage into the third entrance -- also unsigned. No reception desk. I wandered around, spied what looked like a reception desk -- abandoned. I gave up, exited and continued to wander around the outside ... and finally, finally happened upon a real entrance complete with taxi stand, bell boys, and inside even someone at a reception desk. Not exactly the seamless experience I was hoping for!

I have to say that the staff was extremely warm and friendly. My room was stuffy, but that was soon remedied by turning on the AC. I did need the duvets from both beds in the room for a comfortable night.

Not sure I would stay here again. It is certainly a nice hotel with wonderful staff. It's expensive, and not exactly easily across the street. The convention offers shuttle service and I would spent much less energy shuttling to a hotel a mile away rather than dragging my bags all over creation.

ConniefromConnecticut,

Thank you for providing feedback and I am very sorry for the experience you had finding the lobby from the convention Center. It sounds like we should have done a better job partnering with the Center and the group in directing you to the correct area. There are several easy paths and walkways to get there, but if guests don't know where those are, then they aren't serving their purpose. We will make sure to address this going forward so it doesn't happen to anyone else.

I'm glad you were satisfied with the staff and the room. I do hope you'll give us another change to rectify your opinion if you return next year for the Expo.

Pinellas Park, Florida
Reviewed 15 March 2014

My husband and I were attending the Ligonier banquet Wednesday evening. My husband choked on something and could not breathe and it was quite frightening. I got to where I called out for a doctor because he was getting red and nothing was working. Felix Morales, the waiter assigned for our table, quickly reacted and rushed to the table and did the Heimlich maneuver on him and eventually my husband was alright. It was quite a scare. We went outside to sit and other Hyatt personnel were most kind and attentive, asking if we wished paramedics or other help but we felt ok at that point and I just wanted my husband to recuperate and get his bearings. We eventually went back into the banquet. We want to express a sincere thank you to Felix and the Hyatt staff and the Ligonier staff for their help and kindness during this scary incident. Paul and Desiree Laurelli

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
HRORLANDO, Manager at Hyatt Regency Orlando, responded to this review, 20 March 2014
WOW! What a story and quite a scare. I remember hearing of this incident and am proud that Felix was prepared to step in and help. We are appreciative of your kind words and more importantly, everyone is ok!

Brian C