“Amazing Customer Service”

Hyatt Regency Orlando
Ranked #31 of 342 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 29 June 2014

When I travel, I sometimes have difficulty due to food restrictions. However, in the midst of a conference of 3,000 people, they made special arrangements for my lunch, dinner and even desert. Raphael and his team knew my name and helped me get exactly what I needed to make my experience fun and keep me from getting sick. Thank you for an amazing stay.

• Stayed: June 2014
HRORLANDO, Manager at Hyatt Regency Orlando, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

Robin,

I'm pleased to hear that we were able to accomodate your restrictions. We try hard to ensure that everyone, no matter what restrictions, have the chance to truly enjoy our Resort.

Brian C
Hotel Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (5,901)

Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

Attention to detail in the room and by the staff. This hotel was formerly the Peabody so I'm not sure if the details were left from Peabody or Hyatt added them but my stay was very pleasurable. The rooms were not ostentatious but again, it was all in the details...from the auto nigh lights sudden in walkways to the comfortable beds to the oversized shower and tub and the tv built into the bathroom mirror. And plenty of choices for dining, drinking or relaxing. Conveniently located across from the convention center but it didn't have the feel of a conference hotel--more like a resort. I would definitely stay again.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Sue,

Thank you for the great feedback. We are very proud of this property and work to improve it every day. Peabody did an amazing job in this market for a long time and we are proud to have the chance to manage this great place!

Brian C.

Reviewed 27 June 2014 via mobile

It seems like you guys need to get your stuff together. You are taking away so many of the things that make the hotel beautiful for those of us who come there to relax. There is no need to have ripped out the fountain on the courts. You no longer open the lap pool and this is bothersome for those of us that would like to enjoy a drink by the pool with a quieter atmosphere. Stop changing so much, that hotel was successful before you took it over Hyatt.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank LLaneH

Henry,

I appreciate that you took time to provide your thoughts on the change at our property. I am concerned that you feel that way and want to make sure we have the chance to speak, if possible as I do believe we've focused on improvement vs. reduction.

Our Lap pool is open daily and unless there was a private function there on the day you were here, its always open. I will do some research on this matter.

In regards to the Fountains by the Tennis courts, we decided to donate them to a local charity who used them in a silent auction to raise considerable amounts of money for their cause. I'd be happy to share more with you about this.

We continue to look for opportunities to improve the guest experience by upgrading our wireless internet, adding full refridgerators to the guestrooms, adding coffee makers to all guestrooms, new TV's in all of our lounges, etc. It's important to us that we evolve and listen to the feedback that our guests provide. We will absolutely take your words to heart and strive to improve.

I would love to speak with you personally and if you would message us back with your contact info, I will reach out to you immediately.

Brian C.

Reviewed 26 June 2014

Check -in was superb by Nicole!
However, the Hyatt lounge food is the same thing every night and not even good stuff. Don't pay extra for it because it's not worth it. The breakfast is ok just continental. The club lounge staff is super friendly. However they let children with unaccompanied adults loiter around the lounge.

I had scheduled my SuperShuttle for 4:30-4:45AM. Hyatt wouldn't let me do we'd check out even though it sent me an email telling me I can do so. I tried TV check out. No way Jose! I still had time to get down to the lobby to check out in person. No sign of Super Shuttle yet. Good. No one was at the front desk which I had to yell hello hello a few times before someone else comes out. A young, inexperienced gentleman. He could. It find my receipts nor print it out. My SuperShuttle by this time had arrived. This young man still fumbling fumbling. The bellman came in and saw me as the only customer in the lobby and asked if I had called SS, I said yes. He kindly picked up my bag to help me. I told hi. That I'm just waiting for my receipts. Minutes went by, this young man at the front desk was still not able to give me what I need finally asked me to write my email address and room # on a small piece of paper. I did since I did. It want to keep the other SS passengers wait any longer. This was the worst service I've ever received from Hyatt and what I would expect for Hyatt especially for a Platinum member and for the value.

Room Tip: Don't pay extra for the club level unless you're a GP member and get it complimentary. The...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
HotelManager_Brian, Manager at Hyatt Regency Orlando, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2014

Dear hrdabster,

Thank you for being a loyal Hyatt member and for taking the time to share your experience. I am sorry to read of your check out experience and dissapointment in our Club Level offerings and will be following up with our team.

Reviewed 25 June 2014

My surprised me with a weekend getaway to the Hyatt Regency on International Drive in Orlando. This is an amazing place. While very large, we were welcomed and treated as if we were the only people staying there. There were several large conventions going on while we were there and they appear to be able to handle everything well. The staff was very friendly, helpful, and efficient. Our room had a great view overlooking the Terrace Pool and the convention center (just across the road). We even had a small balcony which is rare. We ate breakfast in the Beeline Café each morning. Excellent and large portions. The best thing about this hotel is the location on International Drive. You are within a short walk of numerous restaurants, attractions, nightclubs, theatres, etc. There is more to do than you can do in a long weekend! My only complaint is the lack of shade available around the large Terrace Pool. Some umbrellas would be very helpful.

I highly recommend this hotel and we will definitely be returning soon.

Room Tip: Some rooms have small balconies. Very nice!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear biffmeister23,

I am so happy we were the choice for your surprise weekend getaway! I am happy to share, we will have umbrellas added to the Terrace Pool in the near future, hopefully in time for your next visit! We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 25 June 2014

Great property- Hyatt did a good job of taking over this former Peabody. I was there for 7 days for a conference and you can't beat the location. The service staff for the pool bar/restaurant could use some work as they were consistently very slow. However I would return to this property simply due to the above and beyond service given by one particular front desk agent- who I can't remember her name! I want to say beth but I could be wrong, she is from Wilkes-Barre, PA. The last night I was there my children flew in to join me and we were then off to do Disney afterwards. Around 11:30pm my youngest woke up with a full on asthma attack and it wasn't getting better with his inhaler so I had to take him to the emergency room. A very large event had just let out at the convention center and waits at the valet were at LEAST 30 minutes if not longer. I explained to them the situation and when I got down there not even 5 minutes later they had my car running and directions to the hospital all ready for me. We returned at around 2am and I was really concerned because my room was quite dusty, I had noticed it earlier in the day when the kids were opening and closing the drapes over and over (which is likely what set off the attack). I went down to the front desk and asked on a long shot if they had any hypo-allergenic rooms available, they had one! The girl at the front desk in 5 minutes gave me a key so I could take my youngest to sleep for a few hours- no charge, didn't have to move the rest of my family out of our other room. The hypo-allergenic room was amazing and clean and we both slept fabulously with no more attacks. I was/am so grateful for this I was brought to tears by her kindness. I wrote her name down but in the hustle and bustle of our Disney trip I lost it. I would go back in a heartbeat!

Room Tip: Ask for the "new tower" overlooking the main pool
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Dear Ry42013,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. Everyone at Hyatt Regency Orlando sends best wishes to your son, and hope he had a speedy recovery for happier memories the remainder of your vacation. I appreciate you taking the time to recognize our Associate and it will be my pleasure to share your review with her.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Orlando.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

The Hyatt Regency Orlando is a relaxing experience right in the midst of the chaos if international drive. The rooms are comfortable, the amenities top notch. The bed is so comfortable to sleep in. The view from the 26th floor was great, we were able to watch the fireworks at Disney from our room. The concierge club had a wonderful breakfast both days we were there.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor so you get a great view
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear CRGraphicDesign,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review of Hyatt Regency Orlando. I am glad to read we were able to provide you a relaxing experience & hope to welcome you back again soon!