The Hyatt Regency (formerly Peabody -- much duck decor remains) is a wonderful place to stay in Orlando! It adjoins the Orange County Conference Center by skywalk, and even a short walk in the Florida heat can make you appreciate the "robust A/C" of the hotel and conference center.
The rooms were clean and tastefully furnished, the bathroom was large, the water pressure was great, the tv's (one in the bathroom mirror, one in the main bedroom) were in working order, fridge in room, Starbuck's Verona regular & decaf to make yourself in the room, very comfortable beds, quiet room (3rd floor for me), great house-keeping service. I stayed four nights for a conference, the Orlando weather was extremely hot & humid, I did not really venture off the hotel/conference center grounds. The pool and fitness/spa looked nice but I did not use them. The B-Line Diner is 24/7 and a wonderful place to get any meal, also had a nice meal at Fiorenzo's which is the swankier restaurant in the hotel. There are also a few nice bars, and NAPA (another restaurant) in the hotel. The B-Line Diner also has an amazing bakery (caramel pecan cupcake was GREAT), a little treat back to the room for later was a good idea. There is a coffee shop (didn't need it because of the coffee in the room though), and an Express-type shop by the B-Line which sells yogurt parfaits, fruit cups, milk, etc -- very expensive but a good idea for busy conference goers. I was happy to purchase a bottle of whole milk to keep in the mini fridge and use in my coffee the four days I stayed there. Avoid morning line-ups at the breakfast places, If you are staying mulitiple days, and tire of the Hyatt's restaurant choices, the neighboring Rosen Center also has some good restaurant choices such as 98Forty tapas & sushi, and is within walking distance (we went through the OCCC to get to Rosen).
The bed was extremely comfortable; rarely have I slept so soundly in a hotel bed. The bed was on the softer side, which I prefer. I found the concierge helpful, I did obtain an iRide Trolley free pass there and map, but did not end up using it. The iRide Trolley comes about every 20 minutes, and goes up & down Universal Drive making stops, it's air-conditioned, and you can text a particular stop # and will get a text back which tells you when the next trolley is coming. The trolley stop is a short walk out the front door of the hotel. There are several lines.
My only complaint was the wi-fi in our hotel room. Considering it's offered at an upcharge, I did not find it sufficient, and often tried to use LTE for my phone (and only 4G available in room at busy times like 5pm when the conference ended for the day). The wireless was also insufficient for my laptop much of the time. My co-worker had the same experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxury Resort Close to All the Fun & Adventure! Hyatt Regency Orlando is an iconic hotel located in the heart of everything Orlando, Florida has to offer: theme parks, shopping, dining, nightlife and so much more. We've got something for everyone from two sparkling pools, a waterside & waterfall, a full-service spa & salon, 24-hour StayFit Gym, 7 dining & lounge options, and a customer service driven team awaiting your arrival. What Makes a Seamless Stay: • AAA Four Diamond Accommodations: 1,641 guestrooms and suites, with upgrades including view and club level rooms • Resort Pools: Complete with waterslide, waterfall, splash pad, separate kiddie pool area and cabanas available for rent • Location on International Drive: Guests receive two daily I-Ride Trolley tickets to nearby I-Drive locations including Pointe Orlando, I-Drive 360, SeaWorld and Aquatica. • Enjoy Orlando Attractions: We are minutes from Universal Orlando Resort, Walt Disney World Resort and SeaWorld. • Vibrant Dining: Choose from five Full- Service Dining outlets, two bars, a grab & go and 24 hr. room service. Our pools, spa and sunshine are calling your name. Book with us today to make memories that will last a lifetime. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, LoveHolidays, TravelUp, Ebookers, Odigeo, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Southall Travel, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hyatt Regency Orlando reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Peabody Orlando Hotel Orlando
- The Peabody Hotel Orlando
- Peabody Orlando
- Peabody Hotel Orlando Fl
- Hyatt Regency Orlando Florida