“Amenities galore, nice place to stay in Orlando!”

Hyatt Regency Orlando
Ranked #28 of 336 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersSilver level
Jenison, Michigan
“Amenities galore, nice place to stay in Orlando!”
Reviewed 5 July 2014

The Hyatt Regency (formerly Peabody -- much duck decor remains) is a wonderful place to stay in Orlando! It adjoins the Orange County Conference Center by skywalk, and even a short walk in the Florida heat can make you appreciate the "robust A/C" of the hotel and conference center.

The rooms were clean and tastefully furnished, the bathroom was large, the water pressure was great, the tv's (one in the bathroom mirror, one in the main bedroom) were in working order, fridge in room, Starbuck's Verona regular & decaf to make yourself in the room, very comfortable beds, quiet room (3rd floor for me), great house-keeping service. I stayed four nights for a conference, the Orlando weather was extremely hot & humid, I did not really venture off the hotel/conference center grounds. The pool and fitness/spa looked nice but I did not use them. The B-Line Diner is 24/7 and a wonderful place to get any meal, also had a nice meal at Fiorenzo's which is the swankier restaurant in the hotel. There are also a few nice bars, and NAPA (another restaurant) in the hotel. The B-Line Diner also has an amazing bakery (caramel pecan cupcake was GREAT), a little treat back to the room for later was a good idea. There is a coffee shop (didn't need it because of the coffee in the room though), and an Express-type shop by the B-Line which sells yogurt parfaits, fruit cups, milk, etc -- very expensive but a good idea for busy conference goers. I was happy to purchase a bottle of whole milk to keep in the mini fridge and use in my coffee the four days I stayed there. Avoid morning line-ups at the breakfast places, If you are staying mulitiple days, and tire of the Hyatt's restaurant choices, the neighboring Rosen Center also has some good restaurant choices such as 98Forty tapas & sushi, and is within walking distance (we went through the OCCC to get to Rosen).

The bed was extremely comfortable; rarely have I slept so soundly in a hotel bed. The bed was on the softer side, which I prefer. I found the concierge helpful, I did obtain an iRide Trolley free pass there and map, but did not end up using it. The iRide Trolley comes about every 20 minutes, and goes up & down Universal Drive making stops, it's air-conditioned, and you can text a particular stop # and will get a text back which tells you when the next trolley is coming. The trolley stop is a short walk out the front door of the hotel. There are several lines.

My only complaint was the wi-fi in our hotel room. Considering it's offered at an upcharge, I did not find it sufficient, and often tried to use LTE for my phone (and only 4G available in room at busy times like 5pm when the conference ended for the day). The wireless was also insufficient for my laptop much of the time. My co-worker had the same experience.

Room Tip: Ask about wi-fi signal, I would imagine some rooms have a better signal than the one I had.
Green Features: Did not have a "reuse your towel" policy in place from what I could see -- towels were replaced daily.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank TravelPurl
HRORLANDO, Manager at Hyatt Regency Orlando, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
I can't thank you enough for the thorough review you provided and for the kind words. We are proud of the property and love to hear when we can create such a great experience.

In regards to the Internet, we've heard this message loud and clear from a few guests and are currently undergoing an upgrade of our entire hotel in regards to coverage and are adding new technology called a "Wifi Blanket" to ensure we have the best Internet service in Orlando. The plan is to be complete in the next two weeks!

Thanks again,
Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (957)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

This place is amazing. I have never been treated like such a queen. I feel like a mother of 3 / Paris Hilton lol! Jk. No really, the Hyatt hands down knows how to provide a customer service based experience. The concierge helped us get a great cab when the cab we called left us stranded at a restaurant. They sent us one right over in a matter of minutes without hesitation.
It's a VIP experience and well worth every penny.
The stores in the lobby sell guess, Tommy Bahama and other designer brands. The lobby bar was a tad pricey however, the drinks are all top shelf so this is to be expected. The bartender was Russian and just as sweet as she could be!
One of the drinks she made I didn't like at all (9$) and the Mgr gladly removed it from my 100$ bar tab no hesitation whatsoever. When I am back in town the Peabody is my new "go to" place. ☆☆☆☆☆♡♡♡♡♡!

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Heidy,

Thank you for the kind words! We look forward to welcoming you back and improving upon an already "Royal" experience!

Best,
St. Petersburg, Florida
Reviewed 1 July 2014

I have always wanted to stay at this location. The rooms were outstanding, I loved the way the floor lit up in the bathroom when you walked in. The pool area is great. I really loved the diner in the hotel. They have great desert options. Mark at the front desk was very helpful finding 2 room close together. I would definitely come back!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Annie,

I'm so glad to hear the hotel lived up to its perception and your first stay with us was a success! We hope you decide to make the drive up again to stay with us and enjoy more of Orlando!

Illinois
Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

We always stay at the Hilton Orlando, but they were booked-due to a volleyball conference. So, we read the reviews and thought we'd give the former Peabody a try. Check in was confusing, difficult to know which entrance is the "main entrance"-especially when the small signs to direct you are blocked by cars of confused drivers trying to navigate the same maze we are. Got to the room, bellman raves about the bathroom mirror with TV in it-it didn't work. He graciously goes and gets new batteries for the remote-still no go. Advised someone would fix it-never did. Rooms were very small, not to mention jam packed with furniture too big for the room. Our friends stayed in the room next door and each morning we compare injuries from the nightstand wedged between the two beds. I kept hitting my elbow through the night, my friend-her ankle getting out of bed. Buyer beware the little fridges in the room are the "cooler" kind-not the type you put a quart of milk in. So you can go down to the diner and have a $50 breakfast for a family of three-or walk a few blocks to Denny's for $22. Nice touch to the room-sensor night lights. There's one under the annoying nightstand jammed between the two queen beds and under the sink in the bathroom. You'll need them, as we were up a lot during the night, due to the square skimpy pillows (only two per bed) that we were given. Mind you, we had stayed at another Hyatt the first half of our vacation, and each day we were greeted with a clean room and a little card signed with our housekeeper's name. Not this Hyatt-I went into the bathroom when we arrived to find a dingy tub, stains in the toilet, and hair stuck on the bathroom ceiling as well as the back of the bathroom door. Gross. By the way-all of that stayed the same the duration of our stay. I heard one guest complaining to housekeeping how dirty her tub was that she refused to use it-the housekeeper either didn't understand her, but offered no apologies are willingness to check on getting it cleaned. And guess what? Our card was always left from housekeeping but with no name on it. The majority of the main pool is three feet deep-nice for the kids. They have a lap pool for the adults-but it's not anywhere near where the kids will be-tough to supervise. Loved taking advantage of the volleyball net in the pool, but it took patience waiting for the volleyball to no longer be used for the basketball hoops, as the balls were sparse and some torn up. The hotel is ginormous-and I don't say that lightly, but I think it's size makes it difficult to stay on top of the simple things that we've come to expect from Hyatt stays. We took advantage of the common area lounge furniture to play board games and get out of our cramped/stuffy rooms. I will give props to the front desk staff, upon our check out, I stopped and let them know everything. They were extremely polite, helpful, friendly, and sorry to not learn about it until the end of our weekend. They even threw in some comps. While I appreciate them, and their professionalism-it seems to stop at the front desk. Doors were never opened for us coming or going, by the valet-as they are at other Hyatts. We struggled loading our luggage back into our rental SUV, not one offer for assist, after a weekend worth of daily tips-thanks a lot. That just added salt to the wounds. If management cracks down on some of the corners that are obviously being cut, this could be a nice place to stay...as long as they also eliminate/reduce the amount of furniture crammed into the rooms.

Stayed June 2014
4 Thank IllinoisBeachbum36
HRORLANDO, Manager at Hyatt Regency Orlando, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
We appreciate you taking time to provide feedback on your recent stay. I'm sorry to hear that it was not what you expected and we take that very seriously. I would welcome the opportunity to speak with you further and if you are open to that, please message us through any social channel referencing your review with your contact info, and I will make sure to contact you.

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Terrific service, great resort like atmosphere and dont miss the pancakes in the diner! They were incredible. The location was very convenient, beds were comfortable and everything was very clean.

We had a great time here and would definitely come again!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Globetrotter776
HRORLANDO, Manager at Hyatt Regency Orlando, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Globetrotter,

Thank you for the kind words! We are very proud of our property and our team!

New York City, New York
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Stayed here recently for a business meeting- extremely close and convenient to the convention center.
The internet was rapid and it was a short walk to a large complex of restaurants which was helpful to quickly find different options for dinner each night.
My favorite part of the hotel was the gym, which was extensive and excellent. Full separate room with tons of balls and other props for core exercises.
The beauty salon offered a lot of services and they were very accommodating (one day they even came in early to help me which was extremely nice)- this was a highlight of the experience.
Very nice pool (large) with bar service- always nice to be able to order at your chaise lounge.
Enjoyed the lobby sports bar- good place to meet up with business contracts

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Stacey,

Thank you for the kind words. I'm glad to hear you had a chance to experience the property and all it has to offer.

I hope we have the pleasure to be your host again in Orlando!

Best,
Jacksonville, FL
Reviewed 29 June 2014

I had booked 4 rooms via a third party site. I called Friday morning the day we planned to check in to see if we could upgrade one of the rooms to a parlor/room attachment. Apparently there was a bit of a misunderstand on both my end and the front desks end and at check in I was informed of the misunderstanding. The front desk staff was absolutely fabulous in working out a solution to the misunderstand and even gave us a 150 resort credit to use during our stay. The rooms were spacious and comfortable and having the parlor gave our group more then enough space to meet before dinners each night. There was a rather large convention with tons of younger people and the hotel handled it perfectly. The bar was packed and lively and the staff did a great job of handling everything. Each time I went to the front desk the staff was beyond helpful and friendly. The cabanas were well worth the full day rental as the pool did become very full the day we were there. I am already looking forward to another trip back with my husband and daughter!

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the new tower.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
We appreciate the feedback and I'm so happy to hear we were able to overcome your initial challenge at the front desk! We have a great team.

We look forward to your return and will work to improve upon your already great experience!