“Close to the action”

Hyatt Regency Orlando
Ranked #32 of 341 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Wanted a hotel close to Disney & Universal, but without the costs of on-site resort hotels. The Hyatt suited us perfectly. Just off International drive with complimentary access to the trolley bus service and 5 minutes from all the major resorts. The hotel is what you'd expect from Hyatt, large, impressive, clean and efficient. Our bed was sooo comfy after a hard day enjoying ourselves. The pool area is great for all ages. Just wish we had more time to try all the restaurants

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ken p
HotelManager_Brian, Manager at Hyatt Regency Orlando, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

Dear ken p -

Thank you for your great review and recommendation of Hyatt Regency Orlando, I'm pleased to read that we were able to meet all your needs and more.

I look forward to welcoming you back so you can enjoy the rest of our restaurants.

Best,
Hotel Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (6,005)

Reviewed 15 July 2014

This was our third visit to this hotel (twice as a Hyatt) and although a lovely place I think it's gone downhill.

When we checked in, because we had two separate bookings (both for 3 nights) the girl on reception merged the booking so that we could stay in the same room for all 6 nights.

We had to be shown 3 rooms, first appeared to be in a dungeon (ok, a little harsh) but it was a dark room overlooking the Spa pool. The second the aircon was not working, and if you have ever stayed in Orlando during July you'll know you need this working at its best.
The girl on reception apologised at this point and gave us some vouchers (nice touch) and moved us to a 3rd room which was on the 7th floor overlooking the newer of the two pools.
This was fine but not sure when the carpet had last been vacuumed.
It took 4 days for this room to be vacuumed, ok we didn't say anything about this at the time, but a little disappointing for a hotel of this standard.
We also don't think our bedding was changed during our stay. I know we were only staying for 6 nights but I would have thought one change of bedding during this time.

Another point that is a little annoying is that no toiletries are left in the room (other when you first arrive). You can ring for these (one plus here is that the men's slippers are really nice) but this gets to be a bit of a pain ringing up and then waiting for the items to be delivered.
If Hyatt are trying to save a few pennies here then surely having to get someone to deliver these is not cost effective, or maybe they are hoping that (as we did in the end) you give up after a couple of days and stop ordering items.

The worst part of our experience was when we checked out.
We had been given a copy of the bill under our door and had seen that we were charged for 3 nights, even though we had prepaid through our travel company.
When we questioned this with a most unhelpful girl at the check in desk, I was told that I needed to prove that we had paid for the rooms in advance.
When I said I had an email with this info I was advised to go to the business centre to print a copy of this.
When I finally found the centre (the directions were not the best) I was told that I would have to pay to use their PC.
Hold on a minute, this was a Hyatt mistake and I was going to have to pay to prove it!
Fortunately I had my iPad in the room so thought I'd show them a copy on here using their free (but really poor) wifi.
This was accepted as proof but no apology (even though it was the fault of the hotel as we had presented both confirmations at check in) was given.

We do still like this hotel, it's in a great location, you can easily get out and about with the iRide passes (included as part of the expensive $20+tax a day resort fee) if you don't want to drive ($16+tax a day to park your car), good pools (though the older pool could do with a good clean, some work was being done here but not to clean the pool), nice bar-Rocks (really poor service on the Friday night), good diner-Bline (nice food and good service, not too expensive) but I'm not sure that we will be returning.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bob H
HotelManager_Brian, Manager at Hyatt Regency Orlando, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2014

Dear Bob H,

Thank you for your return business. I very much appreciate your thorough review and I am sorry to read about some of your experiences you've listed. Please know, I will be following up with each of the areas mentioned in your review.
I do hope we have an opportunity to be your choice of accommodation on your next visit to Orlando, feel free to reach out if you wish to discuss this experience in further detail.

Reviewed 14 July 2014

We stayed at the Hyatt Regency Orlando on International Drive for 3 nights. It wasn't until after payment was made that we realized that there are a lot of added on charges- Self parking is $16.00 per night, Valet is $26.00 per night, the resort fee is $22.00 per night, add on tipping for tons of staff and your room rate goes up considerably so keep this in mind when booking this property.
Now the good about the Hyatt- the property is lovely and well maintained. The pool is awesome. We rented a cabana for one day (10-6) for $99 for the day which included drinks, chips, pretzels, a tv, lounge chairs, refrigerator, ice, cups, table with 4 chairs, and wait staff service throughout the day. It was so worth the money. We dined at the 24 hour diner two nights which runs about $50.00 for 2 people, but the food is really good and they have desserts that are so delectable you must at least try one. There is a great coffee shop in the lobby which offers pastries, juices and coffee. Had breakfast there every morning. The room had a coffee maker which the hotel provided Starbucks coffee which made me happy.
The wifi was free in your room, but the speed is terrible for wifi. Some video would not stream because the strength of the internet was so bad. Sometimes only one bar and late, late we would get two or three bars out of five. Can't brag about the internet- it stunk!
All in all we had a nice stay- not as cheap as we would like, but the hotel does offer some sweet amenities.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 20929 - The room was new and refreshing. The mirror in the bathroom has a TV in it...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Pat P,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I am glad you enjoyed your cabana at the Grotto Pool and your dining experience at the B-Line Diner.
I appreciate your comments on the internet and will certainly review this further with our team.

We hope to see you again soon,

Reviewed 14 July 2014

We have just spent 2 weeks in the Hyatt and loved every minute of it. The staff are so friendly and helpful, the food although a little bit expensive was superb. We have 2 children age 14 and 11 and they equally loved it as the pool facilities were incredible. The hotel is super clean and very central to the Pointe Orlando and SeaWorld. The hotel also provides free I Ride tickets daily. Great hotel and we wont be staying anywhere else when back in Orlando.

Room Tip: Get the 2nd tower, we stayed on floor 28 overlooking the pool- glorious!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Dear Arlene40955,

We look forward to being your home away from home on your next visit to Orlando. Thank you for your review and recommendation.

Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

So many great things to say about this hotel. Did a lot of research for hotels in the area and Trip Advisor reviews all pointed here; I was not disappointed. Room was as nice, new, & clean as any hotel in DC, Chicago or NYC at 3X the price. Staff was welcoming and accommodating. Pool area was perfect for kids and families. This is a HUGE facility and everything is both well kept and comfortable. Valet parking was quick and easy and every staff member we encountered greeted our family with genuine thoughtfulness.

A job well done to Brian and team. We hope to visit you again soon.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Dear JDawg2112,

Thank you for taking the time to share your great review with the TripAdvisor audience! I look forward to sharing your comments about the service you received with our staff - and from everyone at Hyatt Regency Orlando, we look foward to welcoming you back soon.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

I was a bit curious to see if things had changed since my last visit to this hotel two years ago. Unfortunately during our last visit there was a basketball all-star game going on and the noise levels during the night were ridiculous.
Since then, the hotel (formerly the Peabody) was purchased by Hyatt.
Because of the location being in very close proximity to the convention center, I took a chance and we stayed at the hotel again.
The quality of service is still very high; if anything, even better than before.
It doesn't appear that Hyatt has made any changes to the decor; there are still duck motifs everywhere in the hotel, including the artwork in the rooms.
We stayed in the "new" tower this trip. Fantastic view of the Disney fireworks and the room was clean.
The pool was very nice.

The only complaints are:

We had no shower curtain when we arrived, however they had one in place within a very short period of time.

Our room on the 24th floor was a little too close to the elevator equipment room. During the day the sound of the equipment was a bit annoying, however later in the evening when fewer folks where using the elevators, it got better.

The mattresses are a bit to soft for my personal preference.

Stayed: July 2014
HRORLANDO, Manager at Hyatt Regency Orlando, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Thank you for deciding to give the hotel another chance from your last stay with us, it sounds like the timing on the previous stay was not good due to the events happening in Orlando.

I'm happy to hear that we were able to improve upon your stay and we will take the feedback into account and work to improve upon things for our guests and hopefully for your next stay.

Brian C.

Reviewed 13 July 2014

I stayed here for a conference. This is a nice, clean hotel with updated amenities and very friendly staff. Everyone was very accommodating during conference and the food and arrangements went off without a hitch. The room was nice, clean, quiet and comfortable. I like the floor lighting and mirror tv in the bathroom. Very cool. Starbucks downstairs with a full restaurant is also convenient. Walking from the parking garage is a pain so I recommend valet.

Room Tip: Speaking with the front desk employees helped a few people get larger rooms on checking to accommoda...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for the great review! We hope we can host you again soon!

Best,