“Wonderful Hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersSilver level
Gainesville, Florida
“Wonderful Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014

The rooms are some of the best I've experienced and I've stayed at the Waldorf in NY and Orlando and I've also stayed other high end hotels such as the Ritz Carlton in Atlanta and the Marriott Convention center hotel in Orlando. The view from our room was amazing (floor to ceiling windows), the motion censor lighting under the nightstands was a really
Nice and useful touch, and the bathroom was huge and very clean. The bathroom mirror had a built-in tv which was basically pointless but still kind of a neat feature that I've only seen in one other hotel at which I've stayed. Great hotel for the money!

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank sgfknight
HotelManager_Brian, Manager at Hyatt Regency Orlando, responded to this review, 24 July 2014
Dear sgfknight,

Thank you for sharing your review from your stay last year! I hope that means you are thinking of visiting us again soon - I invite you to stay connected with us on our social media channels for great offers and Florida resident specials.

Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (942)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
Sterling, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2014

My children and I truly enjoyed our spa experience with Maria P. & Maria D. They were both exceptionally friendly, warm, proud, and wise individuals. It was beyond a spa experience with these 2 ladies; it was sharing, laughing, and enjoying. This is the first spa adventure I have had that I left with a BIG smile. My kids had a blast for their 1st spa exposure. Thank you greatly for making our day!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Dear BLT_RN,

Thank you for choosing The Spa at Hyatt Regency Orlando for your relaxation experience. I look forward to sharing your kind words with our Spa team, and of course Maria & Maria. Our goal is to provide you a relaxation to remember, and I am glad we were able to give you that - and memories to share with your family.

We look forward to welcoming you back to The Spa and Hyatt Regency Orlando again.

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

The hotel was the former peabody and the grounds and public spaces are nice but you can already tell that the big chain is not giving it the attention its former owners did.
Our room wasnt ready even a 7pm so they gave me a cornor room at the end of Siberia overlooking the convention ballrooms rooftops. That along with it being a handicapped assess room caused even more inconvenience for our stay. The cyrtains didnt draw completely. The door over the room refrigerator fell off when first opened and the steam from the shower set off the fire alarm. The shower wall leaked water into the bedroom which resulted into a cold wet carpet from a dripping faucet.
Room service was quick but why wouldnt it when 4 shrimp cost 19.00
And the parking..I was told I couldnt self park because of the cargo top I had which in truth I could for half the money.
The staff and service people we rude and unhelpful and non attending.
It wasnt a good stay for hyatts future business from me for I wont stay at one for a long time

• Stayed July 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank lee b
Dear lee b,

I am sorry to read of your experience - I hope we had the opportunity to address some of your issues while you were on property, as your expeirence is not representative of the visit we want our guests to have. Thank you for taking the time to share it, please rest assured, I will follow up with our teams to ensure we can rectify this for a future visit.

Regards,
cooper city
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

As a frequent visitor to the Orlando area it is very rare that I am surprised by anything at any of the hotels there, but I have to say there is a first for everything! I am very happy to say that the Hyatt Regency Orlando surprised me because EVERY ONE of the staff that I came across was upbeat, friendly and helpful!! From the minute we drove up to the property, we were treated like Royalty. I was traveling with three teenagers and even they commented on the attitudes of all the employees there. Ok, now to review the physical aspects of the hotel. The hotel is big and beautiful. Our room was over sized and we had a room which faced the pool and also allowed us to see one of the most beautiful sunsets I have ever witnessed. Another plus was we were able to see the nightly fireworks out of the Magic Kingdom Disney park. The beds in the room were so comfortable that I almost hated having to get out of bed in the morning. The room also had a neat feature...lighting so you can see your way into the bathroom at night. The bathroom also had the same lighting along the ground so you can see your way around the bathroom before you actually put on the light. There was also a TV in the mirror!! A very cool feature, my family loved it! Housekeeping offers you a list of amenities that most hotels don't offer such as slippers and male and female razors in addition to the usual toothpaste, etc. The grounds are immaculate and the pools there are clean and well maintained. They include a waterfall and slide, again a real treat for my teens. I absolutely loved this place and I can't wait to go back. I found a new home away from home in Orlando!!

Room Tip: Ask to stay in Tower 2,the newer area of the hotel. We were on the 24th floor which was nice and qui...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Dear AndreafromFL,

I'm pleased to read you had an opportunity to take advantage of our Hyatt Has It program that offers those items you may have forgotten at home or prefer not to travel with.
I appreciate you sharing your experience - we look forward to being your home-away-from-home on another visit in the future!

Best regards,

Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

We spent 14 nights at the Hyatt and had a wonderful time.

The room was lovely, very comfortable. We are a family of 5 and had enough space. Kids loved the TV in the mirror as did the adults. (No need to miss a World Cup goal). The beds were so comfortable, as were the pillows. Great big TV in the room, I Pod docker, night lights were a great touch. Robes provided for adults. Toiletries provided in the bathroom, including After Sun, great selection. There was a card provided on the desk with a list of everything that you could request from housekeeping.....an extremely long list of items.....great touch. Tea, Starbucks coffee , and water also provided. There was also Evian water in the fridge daily.

Great restaurants within the hotel.
We visited the B Line on many occasions, service great, food lovely and desserts were amazing. Too many to sample in 14 days but we have it a good try.
Fiorenzo Italian Steakhouse was beautiful. Service was great. The New York Strip was amazing.
Coffee Eccetera was also very good. We had coffee,oj and pastries every morning.

Pool area was great. There was so much for the kids. My kids loved the baby pool with sand area and also the water feature.
We hired a Cabana also, this was also really good. Thoroughly enjoyed it and the sunbeds were so comfortable. Pity we had to leave for a while due to the weather.

Staff at the entrance of the hotel were great. They met and greeted you every time you left and returned to the hotel. They are an asset to the Hyatt Regency . They could not do enough for you.

We had a room in Tower 2 on a high floor overlooking the convention centre..great view. Would have been nice to be able to see the fireworks over Disney in the evening but facing wrong way.

We liked the location of the hotel as close to Point Orlando. We like this area of International Drive. We don't drive, taxis are readily available at the property.

We would return to this hotel in a heartbeat. I would reccomend this hotel and we will definately return the next time we are in Orlando.

Room Tip: Tower 2 was good. High floors have good views. Rooms overlooking the pool see the fireworks from Dis...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank Catherine O
Dear Catherine O,

Thank you for taking the time to share such a thorough review of your experience - your details are greatly appreciated.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Hyatt Regency Orlando on your next visit!

hobe sound

Hyatt regency Orlando
What started out as a problem with WiFi in my room, turned out very positive. 1st, let me say the hotel is very well designed, with the new Hyatt owners. The small problem with the wifi, was taken care of immediately, and the front desk and others were excellent in helping me. After I went down to the front desk manager, Ms. Annah, and she made me feel 100% better with her ability to make it into a positive thing. The hotel is located near all parks, pool is great..
On our second day, because of weather, the staff, Kim, and assistant manager at the front desk, gave Outstanding Service.
I think this hotel will see 5 star level soon. Thank you all at hyatt for all the help. I will be back..!

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the end of the hall.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
Thank Tom the Travele... F
Dear Tom the Traveler,

Thank you for sharing your experience! I will be sure to share your review with Annah & Kim, I appreciate you mentioning them by name.

We look forward to welcoming you back the next time your travels bring you to Orlando.

Kingstown, St. Vincent
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014

Wanted a hotel close to Disney & Universal, but without the costs of on-site resort hotels. The Hyatt suited us perfectly. Just off International drive with complimentary access to the trolley bus service and 5 minutes from all the major resorts. The hotel is what you'd expect from Hyatt, large, impressive, clean and efficient. Our bed was sooo comfy after a hard day enjoying ourselves. The pool area is great for all ages. Just wish we had more time to try all the restaurants

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ken p
Dear ken p -

Thank you for your great review and recommendation of Hyatt Regency Orlando, I'm pleased to read that we were able to meet all your needs and more.

I look forward to welcoming you back so you can enjoy the rest of our restaurants.

Best,