“Wonderful hotel!”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Los Angeles, California
“Wonderful hotel!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2014

I stayed at the Hyatt with my husband and two daughters, 11 and 13, for six nights. We had two adjacent rooms on the Club level. Because the Regency Club is so wonderful, we really didn't have much interaction with the rest of the hotel, so this review is primarily about the club. We had breakfast, happy hour, and desserts there almost every night. We were even inspired to leave the theme parks early so we could catch happy hour and dessert. It was the perfect and relaxing end to busy, exhausting days at the parks. The club is quiet, not over-crowded, and the staff is fantastic and super-courteous. Wine and beer are so reasonably priced at $3-4 and it's very good. My family doesn't need or want a cooked-to-order breakfast in the morning, so the offerings of bagels, mini-quiche, fruit, cereals, etc. were just perfect. The happy-hour appetizers are hearty, and often we weren't even hungry for dinner afterwards. Once, we barely made it there before the end of happy hour, and the staff was so kind to leave the buffet table open a little longer for us to enjoy. The club is open 24 hours if you need to get bottled water, coffee, or sodas. I know we saved a LOT of money on food by using the club. We're looking forward to staying at other Hyatts that have the same service. Aside from that, everything else seemed great. The rooms were lovely, the concierge was very helpful, and the pool area is quite nice. We also dined at Coconuts and B-Line. It's pricey as expected for a hotel, but the quality is excellent. The only reason I didn't give five stars is that it doesn't have quite the personalization as a Four Seasons, but it's still a great hotel. But I would say that the club staff are five-stars on their own. They really made the difference in our stay at this hotel!

Room Tip: Choose Club Level.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
HotelManager_Brian, Manager at Hyatt Regency Orlando, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
Dear Andrea S.

Thank you for your thorough review of the Regency Club, I look forward to sharing your experience with our team! Hyatt Hotels & Resorts is pleased to host your next stay.

Brian Comes
Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (946)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
Sligo, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2014

Almost everything was perfect.
The only flaw was housekeeping. Aside from the lack of housekeeping which we encountered. We thoroughly enjoyed our-self's.
The entertainment in the bar was second to none the musicians were excellent. We snacked in the B-Line, good food,limited menu,reasonable priced with friendly efficient service. Tip. When its raining do not sit at the window in the bar looking out onto the front entrance as there is a leak which flows down all the lights onto the furniture there.We had a wonderful holiday here .
I highly recommend a vacation here.

Room Tip: Tower two high floor with pool view. You will get to see Disney fireworks every night
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear seek4it,

Thank you for your review, I was pleased to read you enjoyed your stay. I also appreciate your observations regarding the leak; we will be sure to look into that.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Orlando.

Brian Comes
Sanibel Island
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014

The appearances are great and wonderful location on International Drive. Rooms are nice, but initially stocked a bit light with just two pillows on each bed. Guest service had more come up right away along with a pack n play for our little one. The mini fridge wasn't working, however, a replacement (a bit dirty and banged up) was brought up promptly. The bathroom has a TV in the mirror which was cool. Kids loved the water slide and pool area although the water was a bit chilly. Overall, a nice place to score a great Priceline deal and would enjoy to visit again.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
HRORLANDO, Manager at Hyatt Regency Orlando, responded to this review, 14 August 2014
Thank you for providing feedback on your stay although I'm sorry to hear it didn't live up to our expectations of being 5 Star. I will speak to housekeeping about adding pillows to our guestrooms to ensure everyone has ample amount of them. We also just replaced every refridgerator in the Hotel so I will make sure to follow up on why yours did not work.

Thank you again for choosing to stay with us and I'm hopeful you will return as stated.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014

I never write reviews! I loved my four-night stay at the Hyatt Regency Orlando. I spent the previous four days at a Ritz Carlton on Amelia Island - and this Hyatt was right up there with the Ritz as far as in-room comfort and amenities. The rooms are spacious and nicely appointed. The bedding is perfect. I spent all morning my second day googling how to replicate it at my own home. I ate at two of the restaurants (overpriced, $15 6oz. burgers at the diner, $40-$50 entrees at napa, wine very overpriced - but hey, this is tourist town and there are 27 restaurants across the street). Three days in, I noticed every interaction I had with hotel staff was flawless. Everyone was so nice and helpful. I rented a car at the hotel for business use which was easy and convenient. When we checked in, unfortunately the room was not cleaned (tissues on bathroom counter, used soap in dish, used towel on rack) - but staff was very apologetic and promptly assigned another room that was perfect.The little details: everyone on staff was polite, attentive and had a sense of urgency with guests' needs. Even with 22 floors I never had to wait longer than a minute for an elevator. I will definitely be staying here again. Being able to see all the fireworks from Disney World every night was wonderful!

Room Tip: My room on the 21st floor overlooking the beautiful pool was perfect. Every night I could "wine...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
We thank you for the review and for the kind words. We truly value our associates and I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed your experiences with them.

Please do visit us again when you return to Orlando!

Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014

My husband and I just returned from a four night stay. Beautiful, quiet room. Excellent, courteous, friendly service. Excellent meals from the pool bar, B-liner diner, and Napa. Lovely pool area. A wonderful stay.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
HRORLANDO, Manager at Hyatt Regency Orlando, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Thank you for the kind review and your recent business! We hope to see you again soon.

Long Island, NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for 4 nights last week. What a beautiful hotel. My room on the 13th floor overlooked the pool and convention center. The bed was comfy, the room was always clean and the service was great. I got to enjoy the pool one day. Quite the oasis. Ate breakfast and lunch at the B-Line diner. Both were delicious. The hotel is located ob the south end of International Drive which is not as busy as the north end. I got to see the Disney fireworks every night at 10pm from my hotel room. I worked out in the fitness center. It was well equipped and spacious. They even offer group exercise classes. I will definitely stay here again!

Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
We appreciate you taking time to provide feedback on your recent stay. I'm happy you enjoyed it and look forward to your return!

Acworth, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2014

I had a tv in my mirror and a nice, clean, new room. This property is a little big for my taste. A lot of walking to get around the property. The on site restaurants are VERY pricey, but the food was tasty. I was here for a large sales meeting and the meeting facilities were great, but again, a lot of walking.

Room Tip: Ask for a Pool view
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank AcworthNurse
We appreciate your business and that you took time to provide feedback on your recent stay. We are sorry you felt that the size of the property was a big overwhelming and will continue to work hard at improving on this through better signage and thoughtful areas for guests to interact.