“Great hotel”

Staybridge Suites Lake Buena Vista
Ranked #17 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed 28 May 2013

The old Staybridge Suites on International Drive had been sold, and the Lake Buena Vista is the closest replacement. Hotel is 3 story, but no elevator. The Trio suite was only $10 more per night than the lowest rate, which added a second bedroom and bathroom. Since this was a business trip with my wife, we went for the second room so that I could leave early in the AM without waking her. Manager's party during the week is great to socialize with other guests. It would be nice to have it on the weekends as well. During the week the pool is nearly empty (and quiet) as most guests with kids head for the amusement parks. There is plenty to choose from for close by dining, several within walking distance. A grocery store is across from the rear parking lot.

Room Tip: There isn't an elevator to the second or third floors, so request a ground floor room if you nee...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank MadCobraStyle
Write a ReviewReviews (2,760)

Reviewed 28 May 2013

After reading all the positive reviews on TripAdvisor we decided to book our week long stay at this hotel for our trip to Disney with our 2 year old. We checked in and were welcomed with a bag of cookies for being rewards members and walked into a newly remodeled 2 bed, 2 bath room.

I thought everything was great until we woke up our 2nd morning to find a HUGE roach running across the kitchen floor right in front of my 2 year old daughter's feet! My husband killed it and I immediately called the front desk to tell them and request a different room. They were very apologetic and said we could either have a new room, but would have to move right away because they were sold out and were planning on renting out our current room or they could have our room sprayed for bugs. I told them there was no way we were staying in a room that had roaches and we needed a new room asap. Due to all the confusion of packing up all of our bags and finding a new room, we were super late getting to the Animal Kingdom and almost missed our character breakfast that we had reservations for. We literally had to run through the Animal Kingdom (not easy with a 2 year old) to make our reservation (they charge you if you miss it).

When we returned later that night, I stopped into the front desk to speak to a Manager about the situation because I was still freaked out about what happened. I was told they moved all of our bags to another room and she apologized again for the situation, but said "Sometimes it happens", which leads me to believe this isn't the first time they have had roaches. She didn't even seem surprised. She offered no other form of compensating us until I asked her if there was anything else that could be done for the extreme inconvenience. It was only after my asking that she said she could credit us only a 1 night stay. We had pre-paid a non-refundable rate so we were kind of stuck. I would have loved to have checked out and went some where else. I spent the rest of our stay on the look out for roaches. Not relaxing at all.

I was surprised that I had to ask if we could be compensated in some way. If it were my hotel, I would be falling over myself to make the situation right because now I will NEVER stay at a Staybridge Suites again, I am writing this negative review, and I will be telling everybody I know what happened.

Room Tip: If you want quiet, be sure to request a non-poolside room
9  Thank Jennifer G
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Lake Buena Vista, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2013

Dear Jennifer G,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on your stay. Your satisfaction is important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding experience at our hotel. It is nice to know your concerns were addressed during your stay. Please allow me to apologize for the inconvenience and negative impression you may have had with the room cleanliness and the service you received. We appreciate your comments as this will be used to monitor future improvements needed.

Thank you again for your feedback and we hope to have another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Karen C
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 27 May 2013

Loved this hotel. First time to this hotel. We had the 2 bedroom suite and it was perfect for the 5 of us. We were on the bottom floor because my daughter is disabled and cant climb stairs. We were in the back of the hotel which made it nice and quiet. Breakfast each morning was great. eggs, cereal, bacon, sausage, fruit, waffles, bagels, muffins, toast. Very conveniently located. Within walking distance to many things. We will definately stay here again. Great pool just wish it was a little bigger because it was full during our visit in April. My 12 yr old son thought it was the best we've stayed in and thats alot coming from him.

Room Tip: top rooms would be better if you dont mind climbing stairs. We had someone above us that ran the dis...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank lidec
Reviewed 27 May 2013

It says Newly Remodeled, and this place is BEAUTIFUL! Pool was a little smaller than some, but VERY nice, Jacuzzi was awesome, and even a toddler pool. The Suite was a 3 room suite, and it felt like an executive penthouse. We will DEFINITELY stay here again. The Breakfast was very nice, same fair as most included breakfasts however the presentation was 5 star.

Room Tip: We stayed in a 3 room suite because we travel 2 adults and 5 children. We need to sleep 7, and ever...
Reviewed 24 May 2013

Stayed again recently and, as always, it was a great stay. The kids love it there...and especially love the new beds...my daughter describes sleeping on the new mattresses as "delicious". The staff is always courteous and they always remember us. The newly renovated rooms are great...very comfortable. It is also very convenient not only to the parks, but the Interstate and some great restaurants in an area called Dr. Phillips that is not quite as touristy as the restaurants right around the hotel.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Bob D
Reviewed 23 May 2013

We have been staying at SSLBV for about 10 years. We never consider changing, because if it's not broken, why fix it? The suites are spacious and clean -- equipped with anything you'd need. Forgot anything? Try the little store inside the lobby, or walk across the street to Walgreen's or Winn Dixie. Free hot breakfast, friendly staff, "happy hour" with drinks and food on T,W,T nights. Heated pool (maybe if i had to complain about something, it's a titch too warm!). We have young kids and friends with young kids who often meet us there for the weekend. Sometimes we go to the parks and sometimes we don't. When we don't, we still feel as if we've been away on VACATION! Newly renovated, but the same laid-back atmosphere. LOVE IT!

Room Tip: Rooms inside facing the courtyard have a special feel, but might be a little nosier than those not n...
3  Thank cassandra h
Reviewed 22 May 2013

spent two weeks here with my boys 1 king size bed and a room with 2 double beds and shower each and wash rooms so know one got in each others way.nice pool to chill in at end of the day heated:) and a hot tub fresh towels small gym, washing area, a smoking area if you smoke.staff was helpful the place was clean. breaky in mornings. tv in each room and fresh towels everyday and kitchen was good home from home really.

free shuttles to the parks and a reception area to get tickets. theres a few shops across the roads for milk bread and stuff.and. for the staff if you see hector tell him thank you. from the English man room 423.

1  Thank shaun t