“Housekeeping is excellent!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Staybridge Suites Lake Buena Vista
Ranked #16 of 335 Hotels in Orlando
“Housekeeping is excellent!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 December 2013 via mobile

I just left the Staybridge after a stay over Thanksgiving break. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay there. The part that impressed me most was the housekeeping. The room was kept very neat and clean during my families entire stay. They always left enough towels and washcloths and no one was waking me up knocking on the door to clean the rooms ( two things that irritate me at hotels). I didn't use the shuttle because the times weren't convenient for us. The breakfast buffet was sufficient to get your stay started, (usual eggs, sausage/bacon and cereal) My kids enjoyed the waffle and pancake makers. The only negatives are that there are three floors and no elevators and the bathrooms are small. All in all I think this is a good choice for those with familes looking for a hotel near the Disney area.

• Stayed November 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (533)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Overland Park, Kansas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 December 2013

This is my worst experience being in a hotel ever ever. I checked in here today 30th Nov 2013 on a 8 days trip with family of 4 in a 1 bedroom suite which has a king bed and a sofa bed. The sofa bed even animals won't sleep in - the spring hurts. It's past midnight and I tried talking to the hotel staff and he (Bill) finally suggested my to sleep on floor as he can't do anything. My vacation has started on a bad note thanks to this lousy hotel who have done some renovation but didn't take care of these basics.
Please beware of all the ratings that you see at Tripadvisor and other forums. I am going to move out to a different hotel tomorrow even if it means extra payout from my pocket. At least I can enjoy rest of my vacation.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
6 Thank DevendraKumar1976
StaybridgeLBVGM, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Lake Buena Vista, responded to this review, 12 December 2013
We appreciate your comments regarding the hotel and we are pleased that you took the time to write to us during your visit.

Thank you so much for staying the duration of your vacation and for not checking out early. We are pleased that you decided to remain at the property and for providing us an opportunity to correct the situation (without taking money out of your pocket). I hope that you enjoyed your 2 bedroom suite and we too hope that it provided more comfort than your 1 bedroom accommodation that was originally reserved.

On the majority of our booking channels (including IHG and Expedia), the bedding is listed for each type of suite that is reserved in order to avoid any confusion or discomfort. All our sleeper sofas are less than 1 year old with the renovation and we are sorry that this was not to your satisfaction.

We apologize for our staff comments; it is our goal to provide guest satisfaction and resolution to all our visiting customers and this response is not typical of our guest service agents.

Again, thank you for selecting the hotel and also to continue to stay with us and if there is anything more we can do for you, please contact the hotel directly.
seven valleys, pa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 November 2013 via mobile

Our family of four made a last minute decision to stop at Disney over the Thanksgiving holiday. We enjoy staying at places with a bit more room and opted to stay at Staybridge Suites. Definitely a good choice. Our two bedroom, two bathroom suite was in a great location. Was clean and comfortable. We enjoyed the welcome call and cookies. The heated pool was perfect. Can't beat the location! A SLIGHT minor complaint is that the breakfast crew seemed in a hurry to break down early each day during our stay... But most families were already on their way to the park. Snooze you Lose : ) Also, the multiple warnings about leaving valuables in the car and other tourist warnings were a bit disconcerting, but we never felt unsafe. So overall, it was a great stay and we would consider stating here again.

Stayed December 2013
Montreal
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 November 2013

I stay at staybridge's often so I know what to expect of them. This one was a bit unusual. It was like it was once a motel converted into a 3.5 star suite hotel. The rooms are accessed from the outside and you drive up to them. I don't know if this is the case for 100% of them, but probably for the strong majority of them. Therefore, if you don't like the concept of having a hotel room accessed from the outdoors, this isn't for you. The rooms are on two floors. You can be on ground level or second floor. In my case I was on second floor so I had to lug the luggage up the stairs, no elevator. Perhaps they have rooms with elevators in the main building , but this would probably be the minority of their room inventory I'd imagine.

The rooms itself were quite nice and newly renovated. The beds were hard, but ok enough. For families, having a suite is sweet and better than a square hotel room. It's clean, well appointed and the people working there were nice. I like the chain and I choose to stay there in cities I travel. I didn't love the outdoor accessibility but I'd go back if i was in Orlando.

Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Calhoun, Louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 November 2013

Loved this hotel! Spacious rooms at a reasonable price. Our room was kept very clean, beds as comfortable as a bed away from home can be. Great breakfast bar. Minutes away from all attractions. Very friendly staff, definitely will stay here again if visiting Orlando!!!

• Stayed November 2013
Newport, Rhode Island
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 November 2013

I stayed here as we needed larger accomodations and the price was right. I do agree the employees here are great and all our requests were handled immediately and to our satisfaction so I hope the manager is reading this. However, the rooms are not in the best condition even though they have been upgraded. Our front door had gaps all around which allowed for mosquitoes to enter the room. The beds are extremely hard and the air conditioning cold and damp. I basically felt like I was in a basement. The person who cleaned our room was male and did not do a good job! Also observed/smelled "questionable" activities in the parking lot. If you are traveling with alot of people and arent picky and dont want to spend alot of money this is the place for you!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Lake Buena Vista, responded to this review, 15 December 2013
Dear NWC07,

Thank you for your review. I am happy to hear that you found our room rates commendable. However, I apologize if our room accommodations and service fell below your expectations. And for that, I am sorry for any inconvenience you may have experienced caused by this matter. I appreciate your feedback and allowing us the opportunity to address these issues with the respective department.

Again, we are grateful for your valuable feedback. Shall your travels bring you to the area again we hope for the opportunity to provide you a quality stay with us all around.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHGCare
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2013

I had the honor of calling Staybride Suites my "home" for a little over two and a half months while on a business trip. The ENITRE hotel staff was very accommodating-(shoutouts to Bill, Anthony, and Julie!). My room was perfect, very clean and close to everything! I couldn't have asked for a better place to stay during my business trip! Do yourself a favor, whenever you visit Orlando, make sure to pick the Staybridge Suites, you won't be disappointed!!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business