Mold and extremely hard beds were not enough to counter the fact that the heated pool was great, the breakfast was nice, cleaning service was very friendly (thank-you Illyana ?) and we got an occasional free USA Today newspaper out side our door.
Also, the front desk was great about changing my room from the third floor to the first when they saw that I had to walk with a cane. There are no elevators and the third floor has many steps.
The mold in the bedroom made me sick the whole six day vacation. Couldn't breath at night. Between that and the hard beds, we went on little to no sleep and I guess we are just too old for that. Another plus was that we ended up being able to park almost directly in front of our room.
THIS was simply our experience. It appears that many people love Staybridge and I'm sure most people have much better experiences than we did. But, this was our first vacation in years and I'm starting to think this is what it's like in most places. We'll be staying home and enjoying South Florida and the west coast of Florida.
Recommendation would be to have a few softer mattresses on hand for people who cannot handle the hard beds. We had brought three foam toppers and put the sofa bed mattress, along with those, on the queen bed, which was too small for people who don't sleep in the same bed. Also recommend a thorough cleaning of the air ducts where the mold was so bad that even after they sent someone to clean them, the odor and my allergic reaction stayed the whole time. Took a few days to get over the vacation. heh
We feel that Staybridge Suites can be a pleasant place to stay if they can fix these problems. We did like many things about SS, but the bad things were too overwhelming.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Staybridge Suites Lake Buena Vista is the perfect spot to choose as your home base for your next Disney Vacation. Located in the Lake Buena Vista Resort Area, the hotel is just one mile from the magic of the Walt Disney World; Resort. Our Signature Two Bedroom/Two Bath Suites provide comfort and convenience for everyone in the family. Other attractions nearby include Universal Orlando and Sea World. Convenience and comfort abound at Staybridge Suites Lake Buena Vista. With this convenient location you'll find numerous restaurants, shops, and small attractions are either within walking distance or just a short drive away. On property you will find recently redecorated suites, an inviting lobby area, beautifully landscaped grounds, courtyards, gazebo sitting area, a heated swimming pool, children's pool, jacuzzi, video game room, as well as laundry facilities. Our Disney Vacation Packages offer flexibility and money saving options. Magic Your Way Tickets offer each family the ability to customize their tickets for their next Disney Vacation. Getting to the parks is also no problem, with the complimentary scheduled shuttle service to the four Walt Disney World Parks. Our Reservation Sales Agents are standing by to help you plan your next magical Orlando Vacation. Call our Orlando Reservations Office at (800)866-4549 and make Staybridge Suites Lake Buena Vista, Your Place! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Southall Travel, TravelUp, Priceline, LoveHolidays, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, Hotel.de and getaroom.com so you can book your Staybridge Suites Lake Buena Vista reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Staybridge Suites Lake Buena Vista Hotel Orlando
- Orlando Staybridge Suites
- Staybridge Suites Lake Buena Vista Orlando, Florida