“Couldn't Be Happier”

Sheraton Vistana Resort - Lake Buena Vista
Ranked #66 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 24 January 2011

Can't imagine a better place or better value close to WDW.

Our 2 bedroom condo in the Fountains section was gorgeous, immaculate and reasonably close to the Fountains pool. Loved swimming laps in the pool, even when it was cold, because the pools were nice and warm. We also used the fitness room a workout when we weren't at the parks. My son and I played miniature golf one day, which was pleasant.

The location couldn't be beat. I think it took us about five minutes to get to the edge of WDW, and there's a wonderful outlet mall nearby, too.

There were a few minor inconveniences. Our master bedroom door had a small hole; it looked like someone had kicked it. The Wi-Fi connection always pooped out on me after about half an hour. And the water slide in the Spas section was closed and being rebuilt, which slightly disappointed my 6 year old. On the other hand, the Ripslide, available for a fee, was a blast. I paid for an hour for my son, who loved it. I'm sure we were there for longer, but the attendant was cool with it.

Would I return to the Vistana? Abso-bloody-lutely.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with family
das51, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Vistana Resort - Lake Buena Vista, responded to this reviewResponded 1 February 2011

Thank you for taking the time to share your views and observations about the Sheraton Vistana Resort. Glad to learn that you and your son had a wonderful and relaxing time in our warm swimming pools and ripslide, plus the many other amenities we have to offer.

Yes, we are famous for our convenient location to WDW and Premium Outlet Malls. I am sure that the master bedroom door has been repaired since.

We are currently upgrading the wireless internet infrastructure, hopefully, by the time you return, you will see positive results.

We want to thank you for sharing your comments and recommendations to others.
We look forward to serve you again soon!

Warmest regards,

Reviewed 24 January 2011

Unfortunately this year, the year they were proud to have us join them, they have been 'dumped' into thirty year old accommodations. Honestly, I am sitting in our unit building 4 1st floor as I write this and I can't take off my shoes, the rug feels THAT filthy.
This unit is beyond belief. My parents come to florida for 8 weeks every year. Six of those are spent at disneuy old key west. One is spent here. After this they are onto the Marriott and it will be blessed relief.
They tried to get moved, but apparently being an intervale member is not as valuable as the potential members who are guests, the better units reserved for such.
The room we r staying in does not have a tv. The bathroom sliding door does not lock. The hot and cold water valves are reversed (we discovered by trial and error. And internet? Forget it.
The white marimar cabinets in the kitchen hang on their hinges. The patio off the back is directly under the stairs to the upper unit. The sliding windows in the living room have large cracks. I've seen better in section 8 housing of clients.
Seriously. And the saddest part: despite this horrow show, staff at the pool and bar are trying their hardest to smile their hearts out.

We can't wait to get over to the marriot. I suggest you bypass this place and head...well anywhere else.

• Stayed: January 2011
5  Thank sondrad
Reviewed 24 January 2011

If you need reliable wifi then beware that the speed drops to 80kbs which makes using it virtually useless. Guest services say its because a lot of people are using it but this is only January - I wonder what will happen in the high season!
Its a shame because the resort is a really nice place but if you need wifi you might have a problem.

5  Thank johnmwilliams
SVRMgr, Manager at Sheraton Vistana Resort - Lake Buena Vista, responded to this reviewResponded 25 January 2011

Thank you very much for your review and for sharing your comments with us. The Sheraton Vistana Resort is currently upgrading the wireless internet infrastructure in order to keep up with the increased demand for WiFi connectivity. While we are conducting this project occasional outages may occur. We are certain that you will enjoy the results of this project during you next stay and we apologize for any inconveniences our experienced last week.

Jörg
JÖRG C. HEYER, CHA, CAM
Hotel Manager, Sheraton Vistana Resort

Reviewed 23 January 2011

Stayed here with friends, and kids aged 8 and 11. From the first minute, everything was great. Did Diamond Lane Check in earlier, so the whole process took 3 minutes to get keys and check in. Stayed in the Cascades section, which no doubt was remodeled/renovated, as it was very clean, open, and spacious. Furniture looked new, and mattresses/beds were very comfortable. The screened in balcony was an added bonus. There were tons of pools (also kept very clean), whirlpools, kids activities, gyms with very modern equipment, restaurnats, bars, and a market. We immediately unplugged all phones in the unit, so we were not bothered by timeshare calls- but, yes we did notice that they called. Internet free, but was slow between 6 and 11pm, I guess due to everyone returning to resort and trying to get on at the same time. Location was convenient to everything. Check out took 30 seconds. Overall, amazing experience, would recommend to anyone.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank carolinatraveler123
das51, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Vistana Resort - Lake Buena Vista, responded to this reviewResponded 26 January 2011

Thank you for taking the time to write and share your impressions of the Sheraton Vistana Resort. It was a delighted to see our guests enjoying themselves and making memories, especially for the younger ones. Yes, we are famous for our heated pools, activities for all ages and many other amenities ~ which sets us apart from other resorts.

Thanks for spreading the word to others friends and families -the resort is almost completed. with its renovation. We have one more phase to go! . From your feebback, it clearly shows that you had a wonderful time and that's our goal.

We would like the opportunity to welcome you again, hopefully soon.

Best Wishes for a safe and prosperous year.

Regards,

Reviewed 22 January 2011

we stayed here with our rci timeshare, i don't know where the people with the negative reviews stayed, but we stayed in a lovely place with wonderful staff who helped in everyway they could. the timeshare people did there job, called for a presentation, we declined and we didn't have any trouble with the time share people, i guess you get treated the way you treat others.
As a group of seven we stayed in the 2 bdrm/2bath in the fountains rm 1532 in a large renovated end unit with a lovely pond and fountain in back. It was just acroos from the pool, so great access. the sofa bed is a queen and very comfotable. 42" flat screen with bose sound system in lv room, the master bdrm and second bdrm have flat screens as well. the master has a wonderful jacuzzi tub!
90% of the property is renovated and the front desk is more than willing to put you in a room in the area you want.
It was great being near the parks and the spotless pool and jacuzzi area was great to come back to at the end of the day. ( and the start of the day was great there too) house keeping comes 1 time a week if you are staying five days or more, and supply you with dishwasher soap, shampoo, towels, dish rags dish soap, bath soap, and anything else you may need and they have. when you check in that is all there as well. you will have to purchase your own laundry detergent.
it was great to have a fully stocked kitchen with plenty of dishes & pots and pans, and coffee maker( be sure to pack fiters i missed my keurig) for everyone and the dishwasher and washer and dryer work great. nice feature being able to wash clothes because you can pack less. sure you have to make your own bed and straighten up, not a big deal, and if you don't want to don't!
one recomendation call or email in advance for what you need, the diamond lane checkin is available fri - sun. and if you know the location you want just let them know. ours was great!
I would recomend this place to everyone. they made our vacation wonderful, and we all will be back next year.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with family
das51, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Vistana Resort - Lake Buena Vista, responded to this reviewResponded 26 January 2011

Many thanks for this wonderful feedback thru Trip Advisor.. We extend our appreciation to you for taking your time to share your exciting and pleasant experience at the Sheraton!.

We have worked very hard to reach this goal, and we are very pleased to learn that our guests are enjoying the newly renovated villas, the modern amenities and furniture, accompanied by our great staff & service.

We are in the timeshare business and our mission is to share product updates and new benefits, while there are no obligations, our Marketing staff makes the effort to extend an invite to our guests. I trust you will make the opportunity to attend on your next visit.

Thank you for recommending our Diamond Lane check in on week ends and our prestock items in the villa. Most of our guests are excited about this service, which saves a lot of time.

We look forward to serve you again and to create lifetime magical memories for you!.

Best Wishes for a safe and prosperous year.
Regards,

Reviewed 20 January 2011

We stayed here for 4 nights with our infant daughter as guests of our friend that owns a timeshare here. We were in the renovated "Fountains" area.

We were very busy with the amusement parks and it rained one day, so we did not see much of the grounds/pool area, etc. so I have no specific opinion of these other than what we saw looked nice.

The negatives - at check-in, they couldn't find our name and the woman checking me in was not very helpful or nice about it - took 15 minutes to check-in. Turned out they had switched last name/first name on the reservation.

She then directed me to the end of the counter to get our "welcome amenities package" which I stupidly thought was toiletries, etc. Instead it was the timeshare people aka "vacation services". While giving me helpful coupons/discounts, "Alex" first told me about the free welcome breakfast which then evolved into an "opportunity" to get info about "ownership" which evolved into an offer of $100 cash to go to a timeshare presentation. I said I didn't think we could go because my husband had to work, but indicated that I'd pass on the info.

Not giving a firm "NO" was a big mistake - which I quickly realized when we received a phone call at 9am the next (Sunday) morning from Alex wanting to schedule our timeshare presentation! My husband was NOT pleased to be woken up at 9am on vacation and expressed his displeasure. Alex was then a complete jerk, did not apologize, and wouldn't get off the phone, kept trying to push for us to go to the presentation. My husband hung up on him and I then called the resort manager, left a very angry voicemail and asked to be on the "no calls" list. The manager called back later that day and left a vm apology.

We also received another vm that day from the "vacation services" (aka pushy timeshare jerks) that I had not picked up my welcome amenity containing coffee, toiletries etc. (which Alex did not give me), that they must have "missed me" and I should stop by the desk! Considering I asked Alex specifically for the welcome amenities package (and assumed it was the coupons), this was obviously another ploy to get us back for another pushy timeshare visit.

Other negatives - if you are trying to print anything other than plane tickets, you have to go to the marketplace. They have 2 computers that were being used (obviously) by people not staying at the resort and one woman was doing her school homework. It was not at all convenient to print our park passes and it took over 1/2 an hour to do so. Free wi-fi was nice, but really, really, really slow.

Positives - spacious, clean, nicely renovated villa. Comfortable bed, lots of storage areas in kitchen and bedrooms. Washer/Dryer in unit. Was great to have kitchen area and more room with the baby. Screened in balcony overlooked a pond with a fountain, very relaxing. Good location near all attractions. Lots of activities (we didn't go to any, but they gave us a list) for families. Free parking.

Next time we're in the area, we'll try somewhere else, mainly because I don't want to deal with the timeshare sales rudeness and it is so intertwined with the real guest services that I normally utilize. I didn't feel comfortable calling and asking for advice on restaurants or attending any of the events because I was concerned that they would use this as an opportunity to try to sell a timeshare. Made it difficult to relax and feel like you were truly in a resort.

Overall, despite all the positives, it was a disappointment to be treated the way we were at a Starwood facility. However, I'm not used to staying in timeshares, so if you are used to dealing with the timeshare aspect, it might be a good choice for you.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank UCLaw98
das51, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Vistana Resort - Lake Buena Vista, responded to this reviewResponded 1 February 2011

Thank you for taking your time to write and share your experience and observations at the Sheraton Vistana Resort.

Our owners are very proud of their product and it shows when we receive the many "appreciation calls" through our in room Voice of the Customer messages sent to the Management Team. I am so sorry you felt pressured by our Marketing host, we do apologize for the inconvenience. In the future, please just tell the staff that you prefer not to participate in the Product Presentation, we will humbly comply. Our Owners look forward to this session, as they benefit from the variety of networking worldwide. On a positive note, our Guest Services staff is happy to assist you with your villa needs, and any other inquiries, as they are not sales associates. I hope you find time to relax and enjoy yourself on your next vacation.

Thanks for voicing your opinion, your comments were escalated to our Marketing Director for sharing and coaching.

Best Wishes

Reviewed 20 January 2011

This is our favorite place to stay in Orlando, and we try to return every year. The good reviews are right on and the negative reviews are from those people who don't want to bring their own shampoo or make their own bed. Ideal for children too, there are many pools and family friendly eating options. For those wanting restaurant dining, get in your car and take a 2 minute drive - there are only several hundred options within a few miles. The Vistana is exceptional in every way. You won't be disappointed.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled with family

Thank you for choosing the Sheraton Vistana Resort to enjoy your vacation! WE are very proud of our product, the many amenities, location and the hard work to reach this goal.

Our mission is to deliver a memorable vacation experience to all.. To learn that you had such a wonderful time at the Sheraton, makes us feel proud and accomplished.

We offer a variety of meals at the Fountains Food Court, Zimmies, our family restaurant, and a more relaxing open setting at the Cascades Bar & Grill. Most famous for our Market Place serving freshly brewed Starbucks coffee and boarshead deli, fresh fruits and more!

We appreciate your feedback and views and look forward to serve you again soon.

Warmest Regards,