“Not really a resort, but still a decent place”

Sheraton Lake Buena Vista Resort
Ranked #199 of 337 Hotels in Orlando
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Not really a resort, but still a decent place”
Reviewed 7 May 2013

To be fair, they say there is a spa on the top floor (6th) which I did not get to. The 2 pools were decent but my 14yo son found the water slide to be to 'young' for him. We easily found lounge chairs by the pool on which to relax after a long day at Disney. The outdoor bar was also nice (with the exception of one patron who clearly had been at the bar too long). The room was spacious (though we swear our two queen beds were simply doubles in disguise). But the beds were comfortable enough and the room was quiet and had an balcony with 2 chairs & a small table which overlooked the pool area. Parking on Saturday night was tough; an outside event at the hotel had used all the spots. Apparently this is common. Staff was very nice. Overall, I'd look to stay here again if I find myself in the Disney area

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking pools afford a view but will be noisy unless you are on an upper floor.
1 Thank 9_Lynnette_E
Gil R, Manager at Sheraton Lake Buena Vista Resort, responded to this review, 18 May 2013
Dear 9_Lynnette_E,

Thank you for your recent review on the Sheraton Lake Buena Vista Resort. I appreciate the constructive and positive feedback that you have provided us. We will certainly address your comments to our parking team for corrective action. Thank you for your response and we hope to see you again in the near future!

Resort Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (441)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 7 May 2013

We had a great 3 night stay. From check-in, to Jason & the pool staff, to the breakfast buffet, service was outstanding. In fact, the service was outstanding even before we arrived - to find a wonderful birthday surprise for our 5-yea-old twins waiting in our suite! Our kids also loved the bunkbeds, water slide and children's pool area. Pools were a bit chilly, nice hot-tubs though. All in all, not a luxury resort by any means, and there can be a bit of hallway noise, but fantastic value for the price, well located, and we would not hesitate to return or recommend to others.

Room Tip: All the rooms seem to overlook the pools, so they're well located. Maybe an end room might have...
Hello Swolphin,

We truly appreciate your great contribution to Tripadvisor.I've shared your review with our entire team and we're so pleased that our team and resort exceeeded your expectations during your stay with us. Thank you for your feedback and we hope to be your hotel of choice on your next trip to Orlando!

Lakewood,Pa
Reviewed 7 May 2013

What a great choice for Disney. The hotel is very kid friendly. You can get rooms with bunk beds. Huge kiddy pool. All rooms come with a balcony, The front desk was VERY accommodating. Free breakfast for SPG.

Room Tip: Get a room facing the pool.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Hello Pamelat,

Thank you for the rave review on the Sheraton Lake Buena Vista Resort. We truly appreciate your five star rating and we're glad that you felt our location was ideal for Disney. We hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to Orlando!

Tampa, Fl
Reviewed 5 May 2013

I have vacationed in the Orlando area many times and use Priceline name your price exclusively as my means of booking a great rate. I had some concerns about this property because of its age and location but was more than pleased. I upgraded my room to a pool view (10$ extra a night) and am glad I did...Apopka Vineland is an extremely busy road and not a relaxing view. The pool courtyard was extremely well landscaped and gave a tropical vacation feel. I thoroughly enjoyed our balcony - we even brought take out in one evening and put our tired feet up. Pool was above average for a 4 star. Room was comfortable, clean and well appointed. Some find the vanity in the hall odd but I liked it - one person can be getting ready with a steam free mirror well your significant other is showering. Daily resort fee was 16.95 includes self-parking which is on the lower end for the Orlando area. I can not confirm but pretty sure priceline express deal came out less then my rate for the same dates ...see resort fee listed prior to buying. I would not hesitate to stay here again.

Room Tip: If you have to Pay for Pool view - it may be worth it.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Gil R, Manager at Sheraton Lake Buena Vista Resort, responded to this review, 6 May 2013
Hello RoRoFL,

Thank you for the great review on your most recent stay with us! We’re pleased that you thought our resort had a great value and location. I also agree with you on our resort fee which is one of the best prices in the Orlando area. We truly appreciate the great comments and we look forward to your next visit in the near future!

Hampshire UK
Reviewed 5 May 2013

Very nice hotel lovely pool area, great for kids!
Nice room with balcony. But beware some of the pillows were feather and made my DGD very ill.So ill we ended up in an emergency room! There was nothing to say they used feather pillows.
Parking was horrendous a real problem to get a space anywhere near the room often!
I wouldn't return because of the feathers but a niice hotel.
Did not eat breakfast here but had food by the pool which was great . Really close to DTD :)

1 Thank Lin G
Dear Lin G,

First and foremost, I hope your feeling better. I wanted to thank you for your recent contribution to Tripadvisor. Although I'm glad that you enjoyed your visit with us, I'm sorry to hear about the inconveniences during your stay. I can tell you that in the future, you can request certain pillow types in the room. We truly appreciate your valuable feedback and we hope to see you again in the near future.

New York City, New York
Reviewed 1 May 2013

we loved our family suite and for 130$/night it was a great value.Very easy drive to all the parks. The breakfast buffet was yummy. When we arrived our rug was wet from a recent shampooing and the manager worked with us to reduce our rate even more. It was greatly appreciated. Parking was a big of a hassle this trip. there was a prom in the rear ballroom one night and we had difficulty finding a close spot. Our tub was also stained.

Room Tip: The family suite was perfect. The kids loved the bunk beds and we loved the king! They are a little...
1 Thank DOyouwanna
Hello DOyouwanna,

Thank you for your recent review on the Sheraton LBVR. Overall, I'm glad that you and your family had a great stay with us. I am sorry about the carpet and parking inconveniences you encountered during your stay. I will review your concerns with our Director of Housekeeping and Chief Engineer. We truly appreciate the constructive and positive feedback and we hope to see you again in the near future.

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 30 April 2013

Spent 4 days at this resort with my 16 year old daughter (Disney weekend). I could not have asked for more attentive staff - everyone was courteous and friendly. The rooms are spacious and VERY comfortable. Location is fantastic - literally across the street from the Disney entrance. We only had breakfast at the hotel but the buffet was very good and reasonably priced (for a hotel!) Lots of restaurants close by and only about a 15 min drive from the airport. I would definitely stay here again.

Dear amguest954,

Thank you for the 5 star review on the Sheraton Lake Buena Vista Resort. I've shared your glowing comments with our entire team and we're glad that you and your daughter had an excellent experience at our resort. We truly appreciate the wonderful review and we hope to see you again in the near future!