“Excellent Customer Service”

Sheraton Lake Buena Vista Resort
Ranked #204 of 342 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed 4 October 2013

We stayed here a night after a 3 day cruise. Since we are gold SPG members they allowed us to check in early which was a plus because it was a beautiful day to relax by the pools. Our family really enjoyed the suite with the bunk beds because each kid had their own space to sleep. The great service continued even after our stay because we left something in our room and Joe from lost and found continued to play phone tag with me until he was successfully able to send me our lost item. Overall, great value and great customer service.

• Stayed: September 2013
Gil R, Manager at Sheraton Lake Buena Vista Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2013

Hello leahhop24,

Thank you for your recent review on the Sheraton Lake Buena Vista Resort. It’s great to hear that Liz exceeded your expectations during your stay with us. She is one of our superstars at the resort and we routinely receive great comments from guests on her personality and great customer service. Thank you for your feedback and we hope to see you again in the near future!

Resort Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,708)

Reviewed 3 October 2013

Got to the hotel and on day one we were greeted by Liz Garcia at the front desk. We were blown away by her amazing demeanor and willingness to help. Liz knew it was my wife's birthday and gave us a few gifts to last through out our stay.

The rest of the staff has been warm and strive for cleanliness. It's about 4 miles from the Disney World gates so not too far from where you're going. Nice to know where you're staying is also a great destination.

John and Zuly Ramos

• Stayed: October 2013

Dear Jram305,

Thank you for the wonderful review on the Sheraton Lake Buena Vista Resort. We're so pleased that you had a positive stay with us and that our team welcomed you with open arms. It’s also great to hear that our housekeeping team exceeded your expectations. We made some great changes in this department and we are definitely seeing the benefits. We truly appreciate the great comments and we hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to Orlando!

Reviewed 2 October 2013

We were told to leave the pool area. For years, it has been our tradition to check in, get a pizza and eat by the pool. Apparently this is no longer allowed at the renovated Sheraton Lake Buena Vista Resort. The problem is that there was no way to know. There are no posted rules prohibiting outside food. The bar looks like a bar. There are no menus on the tables. A manager confirmed that neither outside food nor beverage are allowed. So what else is disallowed? Pool toys? Sunblock? And seriously - not even water bottles? What about the recliners with the blue flags - are they only for bar patrons? It's understandable that Sheraton wants to increase revenue on this property. But shaming and controlling guests isn't the way to do it.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family

Hello augerAustinTX,

Thank you for your recent review on the Sheraton Lake Buena Vista Resort. I'm sorry to hear that you had a bad experience during your stay with us and will certainly share your concerns with our team. Just to clarify- we do not allow outside food to be brought to the pool deck however you can bring food in our courtyard area and of course in your guestroom as well. I disagree that our resort is not family friendly since we do receive alot of praise from families on the positive difference between our resort and what it was before. Thank you for your valuable input and we hope to better serve you in the near future.

Reviewed 23 September 2013

Overall, this hotel is a great pick; however, the fact that it cost $10 a night to rent a microwave definitely seemed like a bit of nickel and diming. The air conditioner is also very loud but nothing too bad. The two pools are amazing - perfect water temperature, big towels, a water slide, a volleyball net in the pool with balls, pool basketball, a fantastic poolside bar and an open fire for night-time enjoyment. They staff at the pool are wonderful as well and are constantly cleaning, restocking towels, etc. The hotel staff is also quick to respond and accommodating. There's a shuttle to Disney but none to Sea World or Universal. Several good restaurants, including Joe's Crab Shack and Johnnie's Hideaway, are walking distance. We would stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank TAJ_DC
Gil R, Manager at Sheraton Lake Buena Vista Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2013

Hello Carrie-Ann B,

Thank you for your recent review on the Sheraton Lake Buena Vista Resort. We truly appreciate the great comments on our team and resort amenities; especially our newly rejuvenated pools. Thank you for your comments and we hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to Orlando!

Reviewed 22 September 2013

I recently spent 10 nights in the Sheraton LBV and I thought it was great. I'll definitely return.

I think the two biggest pluses this property has are its staff and its location. Every member of staff I encountered, whether it be the helpful and efficient front desk agents, the girl at the Springboard counter who remembered my Starbucks order after just one morning or the housekeepers I happened to pass by in the halls, was cheerful, pleasant and friendly. I didn't meet one member of staff in ten days who was anything else.

The location is great too, especially for a traveler like me who was without a car. You can walk to a number of food outlets and the supermarket at Crossroads (about 5 minutes walk, at the intersection of SR535 and Hotel Plaza Boulevard), and you can even walk into Downtown Disney along Hotel Plaza Boulevard (about 10-15 minutes). There's also a Lynx bus stop right outside (No. 50, take it to the central station and change to 111 for Florida Mall) and if you're taking taxis, the hotel's location means nothing is too far away. It also offers a shuttle bus to the parks.

I loved the pool area, especially because I was there mid-week in September and so for a lot of the time had the place practically to myself. And despite reading about elevator troubles here on TripAdvisor, I can't say anything bad about them other than they were a tiny bit slow.

My one problem -- and it's not something that would stop me coming back -- is that in my guest room and so presumably in all the guest rooms is a monster-sized, old fashioned air conditioner. The thing must be at least 15-20 years old, and it's approximately the size of a rowboat. It works and everything, but oh my... THE NOISE! I can't adequately describe how much noise this A/C made; I've never heard anything like it from an A/C unit in my life (and when I lived in Orlando I had a ground floor apartment with the A/C vents for the entire building right outside my bedroom window). The closest thing to it that I've encountered is watching a documentary about climbers on Everest: it's very similar to the noise of high winds at 20,000 feet whipping past the tent, flapping the canvas and howling. When I woke up during the night I actually thought someone must be in my room, making this noise.

These units clearly need to be changed out for something that doesn't make you feel like you're sleeping at Everest base camp, but that would be my only complaint. And even with that, I would definitely return to the Sheraton LBV. Good value for money, great amenities and an unbeatable location.

Room Tip: The interior rooms face into the pool area.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends

Dear catherineh1982,

Thank you for your recent review on the Sheraton Lake Buena Vista Resort. I'm sorry to hear about the inconveniences that you encountered with your guestroom A/C. We are in the process of replacing these units with an upgraded version. I am pleased that our staff and resort exceeded your expectations. We certainly appreciate your constructive and positive feedback and we look forward to having you stay with us in the near future!

Reviewed 20 September 2013

Such a great place was sad to only get to spend 1 day there! Room was wonderful, overlooked the pool area...bed is super comfy! Great service at the pool bar, and lots of activities - loved pool basketball and cornhole. Front Desk was great, easy check in and so helpful each time we needed them!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Gil R, Manager at Sheraton Lake Buena Vista Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2013

Dear PunkyKP,

Thank you for the great contribution to Tripadvisor. We're so glad that you had a positive experience with us. We truly appreciate and value the feedback that you have provided us and we look forward to serving you again on your next trip to Orlando!

Warmest Regards.

Reviewed 18 September 2013

Room is clean. Many choices for hotels in area, and this is more of a three star family hotel. Drinks expensive, no Starbucks coffee made in "Marketplace" gift shop, and spa closed during our stay. Entire property a bit "tired." Ok for overnight, but not a four star resort.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking pool nicer and external rooms view busy road.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Jon S,

Thank you for your recent review on the Sheraton Lake Buena Vista Resort. I'm sorry to hear about some of the inconveniences you encountered during your stay with us. Our goal is to provide exceptional and memorable experiences to all of our guests and I'm sorry that we failed to live up to this standard. Thank you for sharing your feedback with us and we certainly will utilize your comments as a learning tool to improve our resort and services.