“Excelent place!”

Sheraton Lake Buena Vista Resort
Ranked #207 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed 25 October 2013

The whole hotel is perfect. The room is amazing!
The entire staff is kind and very professional. The location is also great. There are many shops, restaurants and gas stations nearby. Everything in the hotel is new and well maintained. Parking is very ample and very secure.
The hotel is a few minutes by drive to the Disney's parks. The International Drive and Universal's Parks and See World are a bit distant, but I don't think so that is a problem. By car everything is very close.
There is a convenience store right next to the reception. This is great!
The pool area is very large. You can relax and rest well after a fun day at the parks or making shopping.
I stayed there for my honeymoon and I made the right choice. The hotel is not the cheapest, but the investment absolutely worth by the the comfort, the location, the excellent infrastructure and the excellent service.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
Gil R, Manager at Sheraton Lake Buena Vista Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2013

Hello Lucas M,

Thank you for the excellent review on Tripadvisor. We're so pleased that you had a wonderful stay with us and that our rooms and staff exceeded your expectations. We truly appreciate the wonderful comments and we hope to see you again in the near future!

There are newer reviews for Sheraton Lake Buena Vista Resort

Reviewed 24 October 2013

I have to say from the moment I walked in Liz made me and my family like we was at home anything we needed was right there for us and traveling with a baby is not easy but they made it the best. She helped us with great room view of the pools which were amazing, I had a package delivered to the hotel and they helped it and secured it, the food was great, the whole front desk crew were amazing and always got a call to make sure we needed anything, great location to disney parks and tons of great restaurants to get to. Shuttle right on premises to the parks and highway right there to get to other places. Thank you Liz and the whole Sheraton crew at this property for making this vacation one of the best for my family. See you again when we come back in June.
Thank you, Maisonet family.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Gil R, Manager at Sheraton Lake Buena Vista Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2013

Dear Michael M,

Thank you for the five star review on your most recent stay at the Sheraton Lake Buena Vista Resort. I'm so glad that our team and resort exceeded your expectations. Liz is a special associate who consistently receives great comments from our guest on a day to day basis. We truly appreciate your wonderful response and we hope to see you again on your next trip to Orlando!

Reviewed 23 October 2013

We checked in for my husbands job. He was in meetings and me and the kids hung out at the pool. Very nice pool area. Poolside staff was friendly. Activities for the kids were nice. Room was nice and clean. Ice machine didnt work and had to go to another building just to get ice. Food was pricey but it is Orlando. On our last day of our stay, we headed to the car with the first load of stuff, left the DO NO DISTURB on the door, since we were coming back, but the housekeeper took it upon herself to enter our room and remove our belongings. We went to front desk to resolve issue and had to wait nearly 30 minutes. Was told to go get breakfast on the Hotel in there on site market, was told in there, only $10 was covered. Left unhappy. Will not be back.

Hello KCBrown75,

Thank you for your recent contribution to Tripadvisor. We're sorry that you had an average experience during your stay with us. I have shared your comments with our team and will utilize your feedback as a learning tool to improve our overall product and services. We truly appreciate your constructive feedback and we hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed 23 October 2013

I should disclose that my thoughts on this property are still very fresh since I'm still staying here partly way through an extended vacation - so there may be more to add to this review!

First off, the Good. As I have come to expect from Sheraton Hotels, the beds are amazing. Huge, comfortable and with crisp white linen that I've found few other chains can beat. The beds are the highlight of this hotel; unfortunately other aspects receive mixed notices. The rooms are large, and SPG status affords me a free upgrade to a pool view (I imagine the car park view would be very disappointing). But they skimp on the bathrooms; although the shower is great it's one of those tiny bathtubs that you couldn't use in a practical sense. The wash basin and mirror are also oddly across from the small bathroom in the entrance hallway. While this has some advantages of being able to brush your teeth while the toilet is occupied by your roommate, I can't help think it feels like a botch since they have tiny bathrooms.

A major flaw of the bedroom is the air conditioning, which goes off with the subtlety of a jet engine throughout the night. This is the one thing that I would warn friends about as I can't really understand how the hotel expects guests to sleep through the noise.

Service in the hotel is generally great. Convincingly smiley people who genuinely seem keen to ensure you have a great holiday. There's more sincerity here too than you'd get at the Sheraton in downtown San Francisco. The staff at Lake Buena Vista have been bitten by Disney.

Breakfast buffet is tasty and fresh, but not particularly extensive and at $15 is a bit overpriced. However, given the location of the hotel across the street from an IHOP, there are alternatives. Also on the subject of expensive, there's a mandatory 'resort fee' (whoever invented the concept needs shooting - this should all be in the price of the hotel stay!) - which covers things like parking and internet. Unfortunately the speed of the internet is so appalling that I often have to resort to using my own MiFi to get email, which is irritating as the non-optional resort fee should be providing a service I should be able to use.

The 'ugly' part of my review headline has to refer to the buildings themselves. Four slabs of unattractive tower blocks surround the pool area. Very concrete housing estate feel to whole place with unsightly common areas in need of a lick of paint. When I first checked in, a broken bar fridge had been abandoned outside my room with no apparent explanation, just adding to the ambiance of arrival.

I think, overall, this is a 3 star hotel with a couple of 4 star features and some 2 star infrastructure. The air conditioning needs replacing with something that doesn't keep guests away; the internet should be made usable and the common areas could do with a makeover and better lighting so you don't feel you're walking into a sink estate.

Room Tip: The hotel has four blocks, number 1 and 2 face the main street, 4 faces a strip mall next door and 3...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends

Hello PeteJShaw,

I'm sorry I was not able to connect with you during your stay. We appreciate the valuable input that you have shared with us and will certainly address your comments with our entire team. Thank you for the detailed review on our resort and we hope to provide a better experience for you on your next trip to Orlando.

Reviewed 22 October 2013

We booked this hotel for one night after a late flight and we were moving to Portofino next day.
We got here at 10pm. Check in was fast and our room was in the old part of this place.
Elevator was old, smelly and wet.
Our room was kind of decent at first sight.
When we where about to sleep, we checked the sheets first. Awful, dirty and full of hair!!
We called the front desk and they said they had no cleaning at night.
We asked at least for new sheets and they took 45 minutes to get them. Meanwhile, I was calling Expedia to get a refund and walk out of that place.
Seemed like no one ever vacuumed or cleaned the room. It even had empty bottles under the desk!
When I finally got a refund and got out of the hotel, the lady at the front desk didnt even apologized.
She just took the keys and never said Goodbye or anything.
May be a decent room for a family looking for a place with pool and near Disney, but trust me, THERE ARE A LOT OF BETTER PLACES IN ORLANDO.
Dirty place and bad staff. Avoid.

Room Tip: Check for cleanliness first! Please check the sheets...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LCMORENO

Dear LCMORENO,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience at our resort. I'm sorry to hear that we did not live up to the high expectations that we are well known for. At your convenience, please connect with me personally so that we can discuss this matter in more detail. We do appreciate your constructive feedback and we certainly will review with our housekeeping team for corrective action. Once again my sincere apologies and I look forward to connecting with you soon.

407-550-1012

Reviewed 22 October 2013

This property has seen its heydey, but short of razing it to the ground and building anew, Sheraton has done everything they can to make it a good place to stay while in Orlando. The pool area and staff are top-notch.

Dear Anon R,

Although we're glad that you enjoyed our pool and staff, we're sorry that we did exceed your expectations as a resort. Most properties are not perfect by no means however we pride ourselves on providing exemplary service and memorable experiences. We truly appreciate your comments and we hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed 20 October 2013

My wife and I stayed here at the beginning of February 2013 while on vacation. We checked in late after a long day at Disney Magic Kingdom. The lobby was new and fresh and the staff were very friendly. We had a great sleep as the beds were comfortable.
The location was great as it is very close to the Disney World parks. I think we got good value for the quality of hotel this is. We walked around on the grounds and the pool area is beautiful. We will likely stay at this hotel the next time we are in Orlando area.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear bald_giraffe,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience at the Sheraton LBVR. We appreciate the wonderful comments & pictures that you have shared with our Tripadvisor community. Thank you for your response and we hope to see you again in the near future!