“Good Hotel; Ask for Interior Room”

Sheraton Lake Buena Vista Resort
Ranked #202 of 342 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed 16 November 2013

Overall, I had a great experience at this hotel. I arrived at 9:00am and they were able to accommodate my early check-in! It's newly renovated and looks great. The daily resort fee includes free wifi, free parking, and the pools and workout center were both really clean and maintained very well. Staff was friendly.

The few minor issues I had:

- I had a room facing the street on the 5th floor and there was a lot of street noise all night long. If I stay there again, I'll do my best to get a room facing the interior pools.

- There is a free shuttle to the Disney parks (great perk), but I missed the 10:15am shuttle and the next one wasn't until 11:45am. If you're planning on using their shuttle service, I'd suggest asking for the schedule beforehand to plan accordingly.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
thepoliteone, General Manager at Sheraton Lake Buena Vista Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2013

Dear Rachel J,

Thank you for your recent Trip Advisor posting. We review all psotings with our leadership team and we appreciate your feedback.

If your travels ever take you back to Orlando we would love to be of service to you again.

Reviewed 15 November 2013

This hotel was excellent. We stayed here for 5 nights during a trip to DisneyWorld, and could not have been happier with our choice. The hotel itself is an older building with EVERYTHING renovated and upgraded to modern, top of the line things. The hotel consists of four buildings that surround a wonderful pool area that has two pools (one deeper, with an awesome water slide and one shallow, with volleyball, basketball, and a kid's area), two hot tubs, cabanas for rent, tons of lounge chairs, an outdoor bar, a firepit, fountains, and beautiful foliage. It's definitely the selling point of this hotel. The pool hours are long so you can play before and after your day at Disney.
The location was great; a free shuttle took us to/from all of the Disney parks. In addition, a drug store, a gift shop, a subway, and a dunkin donuts were right across the street, and there were several restaurants within walking distance. You would not need a car if you came here, although parking was free (included in $15/night "resort fee") and they have a rental car company onsite if you wish to rent a car for, say, one day or something.
Especially for the money, this hotel can't be beat. We won't consider staying anywhere else on our next trip to Orlando.

Room Tip: Poolside rooms are great because they come with a balcony that overlooks the pool area which is fun...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Sarah E,

Thank you for your recent Trip Advisor posting. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and I will be reviewing your posting with the leadership team. I am sure that they will find it motivating.

If ever your travels take you back to Orlando we would love to be of service to you again.

Reviewed 15 November 2013

It is quite a first impression for this hotel. I arrived late around 1am and had to park in the back part of the parking, while walking towards the lobby, this looked like a very ugly 80's motel and I was telling to myself that I will only stay that one night and that was only because I was exhausted. The two people at reception were super nice and very helpful, then I jumped to the elevator and was the kind of elevator that it goes up very slowly and that once stops at your floor it takes like 10 seconds to open the door, so at first you think you are stuck there, but no problem is just an old model. To my surprise the room was exactly what you would expect from a Sheraton, it was really nicely decorated and everything worked great, it was still and old room and you could tell by the super small shower and the sink outside the bathroom (it;s right by the entry door) They still got the mini-split system but it works from a thermostat. Breakfast is buffet and is ok if you're in a hurry, Brenda the hostess is super friendly and nice, ask for her! All in all is a good hotel and if you're going to Disney is perfectly located.

Room Tip: I stayed in the main two buidlings (the ones that are connected) I have no idea how the other two bu...

Dear Javier H,

Thank you for your recent Trip Advisor posting. I really appreciate your comment about Brenda. She is wonderful and we are blessed to have her working here. I will be revieiwing your posting with her and our leadership team.

Reviewed 15 November 2013

Stayed here during a recent conference. The conference pick-up was relegated to the back of the hotel, but it wasn't too bad. Nice pool area. The sandwich shop inside has "paninis" that are basically glorified Hot Pockets. Not impressed, sorry. The rooms were very nice, as was the hotel staff. There are several restaurants within walking distance, and you can buy souvenirs at a store across the street. The hotel itself is near the main entrance to Disney.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Dear Tribecards,

Thank you for your recent Trip Advisor posting. I will be reviewing your comments with our culinary team regarding the paninis. I am sure we can improve upon this. Also, thank you for your positive comments regarding the staff in general. We are very proud of the team that works here.

Reviewed 15 November 2013

I stayed at Buena Vista Resort for about a week and had a great stay! Everything was up to standard and above in some cases. The shower had good water pressure, hair dryer had good power, coffee maker easy to use, and best of all the bed had me asleep so fast every night! Super comfortable! The room and service from the attentive employees met all my needs. And it's right down the road from Disney World. I had business at the convention center and the commute wasn't bad at all and better I think than staying right next to the convention center which can be more expensive sometimes. I will definitely be staying at this hotel for all my future Orlando business.

Dear Victoria G,

Thank you for your positive comments on your recent Trip Advisor posting. I will be reviewing your comments with the leadership team and I am sure that they will find it motivating. We do get a lot of positive comments regarding the Sheraton Sweet Sleeper bed. They are wonderful.

Reviewed 13 November 2013

Gym was nice, rooms are ok a little old... Not bad for the money.

Bed was nice and the TV worked fine. Bathroom could use a little work but again for the money it was fine.

It looked like the Pools where nice and people were enjoying them. I had a balcony that overlooked the pools and it was nice to sit out there and do a little work.

I had dinner by the pool at the bar and it took 55 minutes to get a Chicken Caesar Salad... Other than that, free parking, Internet worked well but I think there was a fee.

Easy access to I4.

1  Thank Discerning-Guest23
thepoliteone, General Manager at Sheraton Lake Buena Vista Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2013

Dear Discerning-Guest23,

Thank you for your comments on your recent Trip Advisor posting. I will be reviewing your comments with the resorts leadership team and I am sure we can utilize your comments to improve.

Reviewed 13 November 2013

I just got back from the resort and already miss the super-comfy king bed. I was there for a business conference but added on an extra day at the end to relax before heading home to the real world (and 40 degree weather) again. I cant say enough about the friendly staff, always willing to go the extra mile with a smile.

When I first arrived I had lunch outside at the bar and Serena was my bartender. We chatted a bit and I told her it was a shame that I was spending my birthday weekend getting up early for 8am business seminars every day. She agreed with me and we chatted about other things. When I got back to my room later that night, there was a box of chocolates and a note from Serena, saying she hoped the chocolates would make up for getting up so early every day, and Happy Birthday! How sweet! She actually paid attention to what I said and went out of her way to make my day better. Someone give this woman a raise for great customer service!!!

All the staff were very nice, always smiling and you felt like you were among friends. Jonathan at the pool was already ready to grab another towel or clear away empty drinks or whatever I needed.

The pool area was very nice, and even better, the pool, firepit and outdoor bar were open until 11pm. I could actually relax with a drink at the firepit chatting with other guests for a while, or soak in the hot tub and watch the movie of the night projected on the wall in the pool area. It was nice to have a place to unwind outdoors after a long day without people kicking you out at 9pm like other places I have stayed.

I agree with some of the other folks that the AC units are very loud but the extra comfy bed overcame that obstacle. The many dining options surrounding the hotel made lunch and dinner easy to walk to and plenty of options for everyone.

This is a place I will definitely return. They make a single traveler feel welcome and all the staff have a friendly smile and willing to take the time and chat with the guests. Of course it was their off season, so they weren't swamped with requests, but they took the time to make you feel welcome. Thanks!

Room Tip: I upgraded to a king size bed and loved it.

Dear Hones,

Thank you for your positive comments on your recent Trip Advisor postings. I have printed out a copy to show Serena and Jonathan. They are both great associates and we are blessed to have them here. I will also share your comments with the leadership team of the resort and I am sure that they will find it motivating.

We would love to be of service to you again.