“Best Choice in Orlando” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #192 of 335 Hotels in Orlando
Honolulu, Hawaii, United States
“Best Choice in Orlando”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2013

We recently had a convention in Orlando and were referred to the Sheraton Lake Buena Vista Resort. I was very nervous at first about being so far away from the Convention Center but once we checked in, realized it was a VERY short drive and it was nice to be away from the hectic area of International Drive. This resort could not have been more convenient. Close to the freeway, shopping, TONS of food, across the street from Disney World, but yet, quiet and relaxing. When we come to Florida again, I won't even search for any other hotels, we've already found the perfect resort.

1 Thank Autumn H
thepoliteone, General Manager at Sheraton Lake Buena Vista Resort, responded to this review, 19 November 2013
Dear Autumn H,

Thank you for your recent Trip Advisor posting. I am so glad that you enjoyed the resort. I will be reviewing your posting with our leadership team tomorrow and I am sure that they will find it motivating.

We look forward to being of service to you again.
Mark Politte

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (423)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2013

I was able to check into the hotel early. I went down to the bar to enjoy some food and found my fish to be cooked a little dry. The dessert menu left something to be desired as well but oh well. I enjoyed my bedroom immensely. I was on the 4th floor with a pool view.

I was a little disappointed with the breakfast options as well but I have to say that the best part was the service. I calle down to the front desk to request duct tape to complete my costume and they came up immediately. No weird looks when I walked through the lobby wearing Peacock wings.

The shuttle is good to have. I would make a point of getting to know one of the car service drivers.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
thepoliteone, General Manager at Sheraton Lake Buena Vista Resort, responded to this review, 18 November 2013
Dear Karice2,

Thank you for your comments on your most recent Trip Advisor posting. I am glad we could help you with your costume and we will take your comments about the food to improve our service. I am reviewing those comments with our culinary team today.

If ever your travels take you back to Orlando we would love to be of service to you again.

Bristow, Virginia, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 November 2013

Overall, I had a great experience at this hotel. I arrived at 9:00am and they were able to accommodate my early check-in! It's newly renovated and looks great. The daily resort fee includes free wifi, free parking, and the pools and workout center were both really clean and maintained very well. Staff was friendly.

The few minor issues I had:

- I had a room facing the street on the 5th floor and there was a lot of street noise all night long. If I stay there again, I'll do my best to get a room facing the interior pools.

- There is a free shuttle to the Disney parks (great perk), but I missed the 10:15am shuttle and the next one wasn't until 11:45am. If you're planning on using their shuttle service, I'd suggest asking for the schedule beforehand to plan accordingly.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Rachel J,

Thank you for your recent Trip Advisor posting. We review all psotings with our leadership team and we appreciate your feedback.

If your travels ever take you back to Orlando we would love to be of service to you again.

Covington, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 November 2013

This hotel was excellent. We stayed here for 5 nights during a trip to DisneyWorld, and could not have been happier with our choice. The hotel itself is an older building with EVERYTHING renovated and upgraded to modern, top of the line things. The hotel consists of four buildings that surround a wonderful pool area that has two pools (one deeper, with an awesome water slide and one shallow, with volleyball, basketball, and a kid's area), two hot tubs, cabanas for rent, tons of lounge chairs, an outdoor bar, a firepit, fountains, and beautiful foliage. It's definitely the selling point of this hotel. The pool hours are long so you can play before and after your day at Disney.
The location was great; a free shuttle took us to/from all of the Disney parks. In addition, a drug store, a gift shop, a subway, and a dunkin donuts were right across the street, and there were several restaurants within walking distance. You would not need a car if you came here, although parking was free (included in $15/night "resort fee") and they have a rental car company onsite if you wish to rent a car for, say, one day or something.
Especially for the money, this hotel can't be beat. We won't consider staying anywhere else on our next trip to Orlando.

Room Tip: Poolside rooms are great because they come with a balcony that overlooks the pool area which is fun...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Sarah E,

Thank you for your recent Trip Advisor posting. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and I will be reviewing your posting with the leadership team. I am sure that they will find it motivating.

San Antonio, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 November 2013

It is quite a first impression for this hotel. I arrived late around 1am and had to park in the back part of the parking, while walking towards the lobby, this looked like a very ugly 80's motel and I was telling to myself that I will only stay that one night and that was only because I was exhausted. The two people at reception were super nice and very helpful, then I jumped to the elevator and was the kind of elevator that it goes up very slowly and that once stops at your floor it takes like 10 seconds to open the door, so at first you think you are stuck there, but no problem is just an old model. To my surprise the room was exactly what you would expect from a Sheraton, it was really nicely decorated and everything worked great, it was still and old room and you could tell by the super small shower and the sink outside the bathroom (it;s right by the entry door) They still got the mini-split system but it works from a thermostat. Breakfast is buffet and is ok if you're in a hurry, Brenda the hostess is super friendly and nice, ask for her! All in all is a good hotel and if you're going to Disney is perfectly located.

Room Tip: I stayed in the main two buidlings (the ones that are connected) I have no idea how the other two bu...
Dear Javier H,

Thank you for your recent Trip Advisor posting. I really appreciate your comment about Brenda. She is wonderful and we are blessed to have her working here. I will be revieiwing your posting with her and our leadership team.

arkansas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 November 2013

Stayed here during a recent conference. The conference pick-up was relegated to the back of the hotel, but it wasn't too bad. Nice pool area. The sandwich shop inside has "paninis" that are basically glorified Hot Pockets. Not impressed, sorry. The rooms were very nice, as was the hotel staff. There are several restaurants within walking distance, and you can buy souvenirs at a store across the street. The hotel itself is near the main entrance to Disney.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Dear Tribecards,

Thank you for your recent Trip Advisor posting. I will be reviewing your comments with our culinary team regarding the paninis. I am sure we can improve upon this. Also, thank you for your positive comments regarding the staff in general. We are very proud of the team that works here.

Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 November 2013

I stayed at Buena Vista Resort for about a week and had a great stay! Everything was up to standard and above in some cases. The shower had good water pressure, hair dryer had good power, coffee maker easy to use, and best of all the bed had me asleep so fast every night! Super comfortable! The room and service from the attentive employees met all my needs. And it's right down the road from Disney World. I had business at the convention center and the commute wasn't bad at all and better I think than staying right next to the convention center which can be more expensive sometimes. I will definitely be staying at this hotel for all my future Orlando business.

Dear Victoria G,

Thank you for your positive comments on your recent Trip Advisor posting. I will be reviewing your comments with the leadership team and I am sure that they will find it motivating. We do get a lot of positive comments regarding the Sheraton Sweet Sleeper bed. They are wonderful.