“Excellent Service”

Ranked #199 of 337 Hotels in Orlando
Waterford, Connecticut
“Excellent Service”
Reviewed 7 December 2013

The stay was great. The front desk was so accommodating when I asked to move rooms because I really needed a stronger internet signal. The meals I wanted were finicky and they met all my requests. Most importantly Alexandra in particular provided such friendly service with her smile. This helped me feel comfortable while traveling and being away. Great place!

Room Tip: Rooms near the elevator have better internet.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
thepoliteone, General Manager at Sheraton Lake Buena Vista Resort, responded to this review, 9 December 2013
Dear James N.,
Thanks for your recent Trip Advisor posting. I really appreciate your positive comments and I will certainly share your comment with Alexandra. We will also reviewing your posting in our daily leadership meeting tomorrow. I am certain the team will find it motivating.

If ever your travels take you back to Orlando we would love to be of service to you again.
Mark Politte

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (441)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Pompano Beach, Florida
Reviewed 3 December 2013

Recently my family and I stayed in one of your Preferred Suites with bunk beds and a separate bedroom of two double beds. We were very pleased with this set up and will stay there again.

I was particularly impressed with the level of comfort of the double beds. Can you tell me what brand and type of beds they are? I think we were in room 4404. I am looking to purchase a new mattress and those beds were so comfortable I want to get one for my own home.

Room Tip: for a family, upgrade to the Premium Starwood suite. Not much more per night, but gave my wife and...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
thepoliteone, General Manager at Sheraton Lake Buena Vista Resort, responded to this review, 6 December 2013
Dear Brent F.,

Thank you for your recent Trip Advisor posting. Your positive feedback is much appreciated. The beds are Sheraton Sweet Sleepers. We receive a lot of compliments regarding the bed and guest interested in purchasing the mattress. You can actually purchase the mattress on Sheraton.com and have it shipped to your home.

Thanks again and if ever your travels take you back to Orlando, we would love to be of service to your family again.

West Palm Beach, Florida
Reviewed 1 December 2013 via mobile

My family has stayed at this property for many years even before my kids were born! We stayed at this hotel this past Thanksgiving weekend and it will be our last! As a SPG platinum member, I always been upgraded which is nice. But the property itself is ok at best. When did the hotel become pet friendly?? During my stay I saw dog feces all over the grounds. Really?? I can only
Imagine what has been left I the rooms. I posted a picture of what I saw. Parking? What a joke! If happen to stay late at the parks, good luck finding parking. You have to battle between the valets, other guests and people going to the Palms ballroom in the back. And they have the audacity to charge for parking!!! I waited for one hour at 1:00 am!!! Oh I forgot to mention, the hotel is taking parking spots for car rentals. They are trying to squeeze every nickel and inconveniencing their hotel guests. Lastly, the hotel breakfast is a joke. Save your stomach for a better meal across the street. They are trying to become upscale. The only thing upscale is the price. I would recommend the Westin Universal. It is where I am staying now. Much better! At least I don't feel I have to wear my shoes around my room in fear of catching something. Avoid the Sheraton Lake Buena Vista. They are better alternatives.

Stayed December 2013
1 Thank alagad
thepoliteone, General Manager at Sheraton Lake Buena Vista Resort, responded to this review, 2 December 2013
Dear Alagad,

Thank you for your recent posting on Trip Advisor. We strive for 100% guest satisfaction and I am truly sorry when we do not meet that expectation. The resort was at full capacity during your stay and that is the reason we were unable to accomodate a complimentary upgrade, as non were available.

All Starwood properties became pet friendly about 15 years ago. No excuse for finding what you found in the parking lot. We do have limited rooms for pets, so that we can keep guest without pets in different rooms. We also have areas for guest to walk their pets with the appropriate containers for what pets do. Unfortunately not all dog owners look after their pets the appropriate way. We do try and stay on top of this and again I apologize you found this.

I will be sharing your comments with our leadership team and I am certain that we can improve.
SC
Reviewed 27 November 2013 via mobile

Nice hotel - the waterside was a hit with the kids - as was outdoor fire pit. Room was a normal room but very noisy - overlooked the highway and we could hear every beep and car driving by. Overall nice but nothing to write home abt. Great location!!!

• Stayed November 2013
thepoliteone, General Manager at Sheraton Lake Buena Vista Resort, responded to this review, 29 November 2013
Dear, Techchicknj,

Thank you for your recent Trip Advisor posting. I appreciate your comments both positive and constructive. I will be reviewing your comments both positive and constructive. I am certain we can use your comments to improve.

NJ Shore
Reviewed 26 November 2013

We stayed at this hotel with a priceline bid for a 4* hotel. The hotel was nice enough, clean and friendly staff, nice pool area, however I would not say this was a 4* hotel.

Now, some of this is because it is a priceline room, however all the similar rooms could not have been for priceline guests. Our room was very cramped/small, the lobby corridor was freezing cold with constant condensation on the large windows and most indicitive of the hotel not being a 4* "resort", the hotel was right on the main drag/highway, with only a very small parking area (2 rows of parking) between our room balcony and the highway so there was road noise constantly. The staff also had trouble accomodating my request for non-feather pillows/blankets - it took them quite a while to find a total of 4 pillows and they didn't have any non-feather blankets. It was almost like they were confused by the request. I find this odd, as I can't be the only person in such a large resort with a feather allergy.

The good was that looking online, the rates are inexpensive for the area (reflecting that this is not really a 4* hotel) and the room was clean and the staff very friendly. The pool bar was very nice (although expensive) and it was convenient to disney.

If you are looking for a nice place to stay close to disney, this fits the bill - if you are looking for a 4* resort, not so much.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank techchicknj
thepoliteone, General Manager at Sheraton Lake Buena Vista Resort, responded to this review, 28 November 2013
Dear Techchicknj,

Thank you for your comments both positive and constructive. I will be reviewing your comments with the leadership team and I am certain that we can utilize your comments to improve.

Brentwood, California
Reviewed 23 November 2013

Stayed three 2 nights, good location , close to most of the attractions in the area, if you have a car.
The front desk was efficient, concierge helpful , did not use the spa.
The rooms are nice and roomy, clean, furniture has been updated, modern, nice crisp color, now comes the but: that on the surface , it is still a old hotel, popcorn ceiling, the internet connection is slower then slow, there is very little water pressure and if you want hot water, turn it on, then go does something else, come back in 5 minutes, so much for saving water, it would have taken for ever to wash my hair because so little water was coming out.
Also what is it in Florida, your are nice and cozy outside then you go in and you need a sweater, the hallways in this hotel made you feel you were in Siberia in the winter!
Overall, I probably would pick another Starwood hotel next time we are in the area.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank odilelosaltos
thepoliteone, General Manager at Sheraton Lake Buena Vista Resort, responded to this review, 26 November 2013
Dear Odilelosaltos,

Thank you for your recent Trip Advisor posting. I appreciate the feedback both positive and constructive. I will be sharing your comments with the leadership team and I am certain that we can utilize to improve our services.

Honolulu, Hawaii, United States
Reviewed 18 November 2013

We recently had a convention in Orlando and were referred to the Sheraton Lake Buena Vista Resort. I was very nervous at first about being so far away from the Convention Center but once we checked in, realized it was a VERY short drive and it was nice to be away from the hectic area of International Drive. This resort could not have been more convenient. Close to the freeway, shopping, TONS of food, across the street from Disney World, but yet, quiet and relaxing. When we come to Florida again, I won't even search for any other hotels, we've already found the perfect resort.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Autumn H
thepoliteone, General Manager at Sheraton Lake Buena Vista Resort, responded to this review, 19 November 2013
Dear Autumn H,

Thank you for your recent Trip Advisor posting. I am so glad that you enjoyed the resort. I will be reviewing your posting with our leadership team tomorrow and I am sure that they will find it motivating.

We look forward to being of service to you again.