“Best hotel in Orlando!”

Ranked #202 of 339 Hotels in Orlando
Brooklyn, New York
“Best hotel in Orlando!”
Reviewed 12 December 2013

I travel to Orlando very often and I love to stay at this Sheraton. It used to be Sheraton Safari :) Standard of this hotel is very high and rates are so low. You can't resist. Hotel stay was always a pleasant stay. Hotel is nice with two pools and jacuzzi outside. Perfect relax after whole day at disney or universal. I liked two alligator in the lobby ;) Staff is very friendly and responding very fast. I was surprised. Other properties in Orlando had worse service. For come backers they give $25 credit (as a receipt) and I was using it on the top of discount from my work. Beds are very comfortable, bathrooms clean!!!! Very close to everywhere, groceries stores next to the hotel if you need to buy something. Will be back in May!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
thepoliteone, General Manager at Sheraton Lake Buena Vista Resort, responded to this review, 13 December 2013
Dear Maria D.,

Thank you for your recent Trip Advisor posting. I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. I will share you comments with the team here. If ever your travels take you back to Orlando we would love to be of service to you again.

Mark Politte

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (445)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 11 December 2013

The rooms have been renovated surprisingly well by Sheraton standards, but there is no fooling you that this was once an old motor hotel. The elevators are decrepit and the bathroom is dirty around the edges, with lukewarm shower water with low water pressure. It's like they renovated the surface only, and not all the surfaces. However, whomever decorated the rooms should be conscripted to use this decor in other Sheratons-- it's much lighter, more modern than usual Sheraton style.

I also enjoyed the balcony attached to the room, however I wouldn't stay here again because of the awful noise of the children screaming from the pool until late (combined with an an awfully loud music soundtrack). This hotel should be a last resort if you need something near Disney and want to sacrifice peace and quiet/hot water pressure for a lower price.

Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
thepoliteone, General Manager at Sheraton Lake Buena Vista Resort, responded to this review, 12 December 2013
Dear Veronica S.
Thank you for your recent posting on Trip Advisor. I appreciate you comments both positive and constructive. I am certain we can use your feedback to improve our services.
Dade City, Florida
Reviewed 10 December 2013

This past Sunday my family and I decided spontaneously to drive over to Disney from Tampa a day early (we had tickets for the Candlelight Processional for Monday) and stay the night and visit Downtown Disney. This was about noon on Sunday. I jumped on my phone and started looking for a hotel. I had a list of three that I was going to choose from. My gut told me to choose the Sheraton Lake Buena Vista. I am so glad I listened to my gut. Upon arriving at the resort the first thing I said when we drove up, was "Wow this place is spectacular and so clean!" Everyone at check-in was so nice and it literally took maybe 2 minutes to complete the check in process. We parked and took our bags up to our room. Upon entering the room we discovered there was only one bed and we needed two. I went back down to the registration desk and they immediately gave us a different room. We switched rooms, set out air conditioning to 68 (we like it cold) and headed to Downtown Disney for dinner. When we got back to our room, it was 76 degrees in the room. I called registration and within 5 minutes engineering was in our room fixing the air. Now you might be wondering why I have given this resort a 5 out of 5 rating, when we had to issues in our short stay. I am giving the Sheraton Lake Buena Vista a 5 because of the helpfulness of remedying these issues. Never once did I become frustrated and both issues were immediately fixed. The staff was so helpful and willing to go above and beyond to help. The beds were so comfortable and the room was very clean. I will most definitely come back to this resort and I will most definitely recommend this resort to my friends. Thank you Sheraton Lake Buena Vista for a great weekend getaway with my family!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Dear Codygude,
Thank you for your recent posting on Trip Advisor. I appreciate your feedback and I am very happy to learn that you enjoyed your stay. I will be sharing your posting with the team and I am sure that they will find it motivating.
Waterford, Connecticut
Reviewed 7 December 2013

The stay was great. The front desk was so accommodating when I asked to move rooms because I really needed a stronger internet signal. The meals I wanted were finicky and they met all my requests. Most importantly Alexandra in particular provided such friendly service with her smile. This helped me feel comfortable while traveling and being away. Great place!

Room Tip: Rooms near the elevator have better internet.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
thepoliteone, General Manager at Sheraton Lake Buena Vista Resort, responded to this review, 9 December 2013
Dear James N.,
Thanks for your recent Trip Advisor posting. I really appreciate your positive comments and I will certainly share your comment with Alexandra. We will also reviewing your posting in our daily leadership meeting tomorrow. I am certain the team will find it motivating.

Pompano Beach, Florida
Reviewed 3 December 2013

Recently my family and I stayed in one of your Preferred Suites with bunk beds and a separate bedroom of two double beds. We were very pleased with this set up and will stay there again.

I was particularly impressed with the level of comfort of the double beds. Can you tell me what brand and type of beds they are? I think we were in room 4404. I am looking to purchase a new mattress and those beds were so comfortable I want to get one for my own home.

Room Tip: for a family, upgrade to the Premium Starwood suite. Not much more per night, but gave my wife and...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
thepoliteone, General Manager at Sheraton Lake Buena Vista Resort, responded to this review, 6 December 2013
Dear Brent F.,

Thank you for your recent Trip Advisor posting. Your positive feedback is much appreciated. The beds are Sheraton Sweet Sleepers. We receive a lot of compliments regarding the bed and guest interested in purchasing the mattress. You can actually purchase the mattress on Sheraton.com and have it shipped to your home.

Thanks again and if ever your travels take you back to Orlando, we would love to be of service to your family again.

West Palm Beach, Florida
Reviewed 1 December 2013 via mobile

My family has stayed at this property for many years even before my kids were born! We stayed at this hotel this past Thanksgiving weekend and it will be our last! As a SPG platinum member, I always been upgraded which is nice. But the property itself is ok at best. When did the hotel become pet friendly?? During my stay I saw dog feces all over the grounds. Really?? I can only
Imagine what has been left I the rooms. I posted a picture of what I saw. Parking? What a joke! If happen to stay late at the parks, good luck finding parking. You have to battle between the valets, other guests and people going to the Palms ballroom in the back. And they have the audacity to charge for parking!!! I waited for one hour at 1:00 am!!! Oh I forgot to mention, the hotel is taking parking spots for car rentals. They are trying to squeeze every nickel and inconveniencing their hotel guests. Lastly, the hotel breakfast is a joke. Save your stomach for a better meal across the street. They are trying to become upscale. The only thing upscale is the price. I would recommend the Westin Universal. It is where I am staying now. Much better! At least I don't feel I have to wear my shoes around my room in fear of catching something. Avoid the Sheraton Lake Buena Vista. They are better alternatives.

Stayed December 2013
1 Thank alagad
thepoliteone, General Manager at Sheraton Lake Buena Vista Resort, responded to this review, 2 December 2013
Dear Alagad,

Thank you for your recent posting on Trip Advisor. We strive for 100% guest satisfaction and I am truly sorry when we do not meet that expectation. The resort was at full capacity during your stay and that is the reason we were unable to accomodate a complimentary upgrade, as non were available.

All Starwood properties became pet friendly about 15 years ago. No excuse for finding what you found in the parking lot. We do have limited rooms for pets, so that we can keep guest without pets in different rooms. We also have areas for guest to walk their pets with the appropriate containers for what pets do. Unfortunately not all dog owners look after their pets the appropriate way. We do try and stay on top of this and again I apologize you found this.

I will be sharing your comments with our leadership team and I am certain that we can improve.
SC
Reviewed 27 November 2013 via mobile

Nice hotel - the waterside was a hit with the kids - as was outdoor fire pit. Room was a normal room but very noisy - overlooked the highway and we could hear every beep and car driving by. Overall nice but nothing to write home abt. Great location!!!

• Stayed November 2013
thepoliteone, General Manager at Sheraton Lake Buena Vista Resort, responded to this review, 29 November 2013
Dear, Techchicknj,

Thank you for your recent Trip Advisor posting. I appreciate your comments both positive and constructive. I will be reviewing your comments both positive and constructive. I am certain we can use your comments to improve.