Sheraton Lake Buena Vista Resort
US$266
US$124
US$91
  • Pool
Rosen Inn International(Orlando)(Great Value!)
US$117
US$105
  • Pool
Marriott's Grande Vista(Orlando)(Great Value!)
US$256
US$154
US$526
US$449
US$363
US$192
Agoda.com
Universal's Cabana Bay Beach Resort(Orlando)(Great Value!)
US$269
US$213
  • Restaurant
Rosen Inn at Pointe Orlando(Orlando)(Great Value!)
US$248
HotelsClick
1,812 results
All reviewspool areaspg pointsspg memberbunk bedsfire pitdowntown disneyan older hotelfamily suiteolive gardendisney worldpoolside barconvenience storegreat poolmini fridgeorlando areagift shopfree shuttle
Reviewed 4 March 2014

The lobby of this hotel looks okay. The front desk people were very nice and efficient. Things went downhill from there.The furniture in our 'suite' looked like it came from Goodwill on a sale day, stained and sagging. The built in furniture is probably from the '70s. The radiator type air conditioners worked but you have to turn up the television when they come on. The noise frightened our dog. (He is usually calm).The internet service is free but it is very slow and keeps going off.
My husband got up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom and found the door locked. Finding me in bed, he was concerned about who was using the bathroom. We got the door open with a nail file.
The hotel allows dogs, but the only place to walk dogs is the perimeter of the parking lot or along busy streets.
About the staff, other than the front desk, don't bother them. They are busy. If you get their attention they will answer questions or take your order. Wait, the valet was nice. I am really talking about the wait staff and the concierge.
Sheraton and Starwood should be ashamed. Go to Motel 6.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jan R
Gil R, General Manager at Sheraton Lake Buena Vista Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2014

Dear Jan R,

I am sorry that you did not enjoy the resort. I will certainly share your comments with the team and I am sure we can utilize to improve.

Respectfully

Reviewed 2 March 2014

We have stayed at this hotel twice, both times through priceline. Priceline has, for some strange reason, given this property 4 stars, making it virtually impossible to win anything else in Downtown Disney area. For us this is absolutely the end of priceline. From now on we'll be booking directly with e.g. Hilton or Buena Vista Palace. The $10-15 saving isn't worth the risk of ending up in Sheraton.
On top of whatever you pay for the room, there is an obscene $20 "resort" fee that covers parking, internet access and 2 bottles of dasani water. Our room was reasonably clean both times. On our first stay a couple years ago we had a pool side room that was ok. This time we got a view of the PizzaHut dumpster, yuck.
The pool area is probably the best feature, but nothing special. The fire pit was nice, just crowded. Breakfast buffet was another disappointment. At $14 per person ($3/kid) it was very basic: hashbrowns, bacon, some sausages, block eggs and a veggie omelet, then some fruits and a cereal station. For $14 it would be reasonable to expect a custom omelet and a better selection. We were there on a Sunday and the restaurant was almost empty. We did not use transport to parks. The elevators were extremely sloooooow and all the walls had mirrors, which felt uncomfortable. If there were other people on the elevator, everybody would be looking down at the floor, any other direction would seem like you're checking others out.

There is really no reason to pick this hotel, there are better priced and more conveniently located places to stay. Above mentioned Hilton and Buena Vista Palace are right across the street from Downtown Disney and are similarly priced. Disney's own hotels offer better access to parks and nicer experience, although may cost a bit more. This Sheraton used to be a cheap run-down old hotel/motel Safari and it should have stayed like that, had it's purpose as a cheap place then.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Wal L
Gil R, General Manager at Sheraton Lake Buena Vista Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2014

Dear Wal L,

Thank you for your recent Trip Advisor posting. I am sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us. I will certainly share your comments with the team and we will utilize to improve our services.

Reviewed 2 March 2014 via mobile

My family enjoyed this hotel.Very comfy beds clean sheets the room smelled clean.Free bottles of water in your room .Star bucks coffee with a coffee maker in room beautiful pool .Kids activities around the pool.Just a beautiful place to stay.I would stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2014

Dear Dana S,

I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and thank you for sharing it on Trip Advisor.

Reviewed 2 March 2014

I booked this hotel thru Hotwire (2 rooms) and called the day before because I needed the rooms to be adjoining, which they said they could do. I have 2 very young kids and we adults stay up late and the kids stay in the other room. There is no point of having 2 rooms unless they connect. When I got there they regrettably informed me they did not have adjoining rooms like I promised. I asked if we could downsize to one room and they looked at me like I was crazy. I also got hit with a $45 resort fee even though I checked in at 10 PM and was checking out at 9 AM the next morning. They would not let me even pay my resort fee for just one room. To top it off my balcony door did not close and they put us by the street. We heard car noises all night long and I was lucky to maybe catch 2 hours sleep as both my 4 year old and I were woken up all night by motorcycles and loud cars. Unfortunately I was watching basketball and did not catch this until after midnight. I probably could have gotten someone to look at it, but at that time a night it was out of the question. I mentioned it to the front desk at check out and said we did not sleep a wink and instead of an apology they said thanks for letting us know. I called the hotwire after the trip to alert them of this and I know they called the hotel to voice their concern, but as they were with me on 2 occasions they were very unhelpful and did nothing. Very disappointing overall and will never stay here again.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Andrew H

Dear Andrew H.

Reviewed 2 March 2014

Recently remodeled, rooms are well equipped and nicely furnished. Service was very good and therestaurant serve breakfast, lunch and dinner at reasonable prices. Conveniently located at Vineland Rd, very near to International Dr and Disney.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Dear Bloody44304,

I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay and decided to share it on Trip Advisor. If ever your travels take you back to Orlando we would love to be of service to you again.