“A little dated but fantastic staff” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sheraton Lake Buena Vista Resort

Sheraton Lake Buena Vista Resort
Ranked #191 of 335 Hotels in Orlando
Brisbane
“A little dated but fantastic staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2014

Great location if you dont want to pay through the nose for a hotel in WDW.
A little dated and in need of a refurb, but then again, it was just a place to rest out heads between park visits.
Comfortable beds, clean rooms and great location. What more could you ask for?
Staff here couldn't be more friendly, they were really helpful.
Just a tip, avoid room 3207 as it is directly above the laundry which can be loud. I was a little suprised as a SPG that we were assigned to that room in the first place, one word to the front office staff and we were moved to a much better location.

Room Tip: Avoid 3207. In the 3 building, the even numbers face the poolside.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Adcairns
Gil R, General Manager at Sheraton Lake Buena Vista Resort, responded to this review, 14 April 2014
Dear adcairns,

Thank you for your recent Trip Advisor posting. I appreciate your comments both positive and constructive. I will certainly share your comments with the team and we will utilize to improve.

Mark Politte

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (423)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Clearwater, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2014

After out last hotel we booked through priceline I was a little nervous about what to expect so I went up a 1/2 star level. This made a huge difference. The staff was very pleasant, and upgraded us to a pool view. The hotel is close to the parks and alot of different dining options. The pool area was very nice and we did use the water slide! The breakfast was a tad bit pricey but good. The room was very nice, though we could hear people at the pool early in the morning. I highly recommend this hotel!.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Spacegilr64,

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2014 via mobile

After checking in with the rude gentleman at the front desk I found this place is poorly kept with dirty rooms and food trays up and down the halls at all hours from lack of service. I called to upgrade to a room with a king bed and was told none were available. I then attempted to get a room with a balcony (nearly every room has one) and I was let down again. I see management replying to every review here that they wish they would have been notified so they could turn things around, but management does not respond when you are staying in the hotel. Stay at a days in and get a better experience for half the price.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Khlueh
Dear Khlueh,

I am sorry you did not enjoy your stay and that the type of room you requested was not available.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2014

We just got back from our disney vacation and I wanted to write a review. I was a bit nervous as some of the feedback on here was so negative. I found it a great place to stay, clean, close to the parks and everyone was very friendly and helpful. I've decided those who didn't like it must have been very particular. Our room was updated, the beds and pillows (my daughter wanted to take one home) were very comfortable. We would definitely stay there again!!

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Iloveddisney
Dear lloveddisney,

I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and decided to post it on Trip Advisor. If ever your travels take you back to Orlando we would love to be of service to you again.

Ohio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2014

We stayed here for 3 nights this March, I think the place is ok, not worth being a so called 4 star, not sure how they got that??? The place wasn't cleaned very well, the elevators take forever so we used the stairs most of the time and for the first 2 days there were food and trash all over the stairwells, saw lots of cockroaches on the outside of the building on the grounds, so that made me leery!! never saw one in our rooms though. I do not like the extra 19.95 plus tax, that they charge you daily for all the "extras", parking was considered an extra? and 2 bottles of water and coffee, I don't drink either! one day we never even got our water or coffee or even towels,but I still got charged the extra fee! Location is nice I will say that but the traffic coming into and out was a nightmare! I can say I will never come back to this hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank smile_u_nut
Gil R, General Manager at Sheraton Lake Buena Vista Resort, responded to this review, 1 April 2014
Dear smile_u_met,

Maple Ridge, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2014

We stayed here for 5 nights while doing Disneyworld with our 9 and 5 year old children. We found the hotel to be great for our family. The location was good... near a WinnDixie, restaurants and the outlet mall. Our kids loved the pool area and especially the waterslide. The beds were comfortable and we slept well. The highlight for our kids was the outdoor movies every night at 8pm on the pool deck. The last night we were there, they even let our 9 year old pick the movie for the evening! We would recommend this hotel and would return if we are back in Orlando.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Dear abcd4monkeys,

I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay and decided to share it on Trip Advisor. If ever your travels take you back to Orlando we would love to be of service to you again.

Blantyre, Malawi
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2014 via mobile

As lovely as the hotel is the services provided are terrible. The front desk managed to debit our account twice, even after having given cash for incidentals they still managed to debit twice the ammount from our card and coming all the way from africa it would take months for the money to be returned. They also seemed to double the number of days we stayed n debited all out of our card without informing us, left us short on money for the rest of the trip. When I approached the lady to ask when they would return the incidentals they debited she said they wouldnt as they would go towards resort fee which had already been payed for. One of the ladies at the concierge tells us to attend a lunch for an hour to get cheaper disney tickets and we ended up spending over 2hours for them to convince us to buy a so called hotel for life over seas. The hotel would only provide exactly two tiny bottles of water a day and if u asked for another they would give you one less bottle the next day. Absolutely disappointed and would not stay there again. We are still struggling with them to get our money back.

• Stayed February 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Nabeela M
Dear Nabeela,

Thank you for recent Trip Advisor posting. I am sorry that you did not enjoy your stay. I wish we could have connected during your stay as I would have loved the opportunity to turn things around for you.