“You never go wrong staying at a Shearton”

Sheraton Lake Buena Vista Resort
Ranked #204 of 342 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed 15 May 2014 via mobile

I attended a wedding here and stayed one night.....our room was really nice and clean...all employes were courteous and helpful....the only complaint was the food that was served at the wedding (not good at all).although their breakfast brunch was very good...I don't know if you can judge their food by my experience, but there are several restaurants within walking distance...plenty of stores also!.....I would say you will not be disappointed staying here

• Stayed: May 2014
Gil R, General Manager at Sheraton Lake Buena Vista Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2014

Dear Robbie G,

I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and decided to share it on Trip Advisor. I will certainly share your comments with our Chef. Our F&B team usually receives a lot of positive comments and sorry that it is not so in your case, but I am sure we can use this information to improve.

Mark Politte

Write a ReviewReviews (1,708)

Reviewed 15 May 2014

The staff of the Resort is extremely friendly and very helpful, I felt welcome from the moment that I walked through door. We were even upgraded to a remodeled room which was pool view with a balcony. The room was nice and spacious and very clean!!! There is not a shuttle to Downtown Disney and the walk is quite a hike. It would be nice if they offered a shuttle since it is close to the resort. The transportation bus to Disney has seen its better days, I would recommend the Resort to upgrade their shuttle service with a company that has newer buses.

Room Tip: Ask for a remodeled room if available.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Marty K,

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and decided to post it on Trip Advisor. I also appreciate your constructive comments. I will certainly share your comments with the appropriate team members and we will utilize to improve.

Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

Went there twice on a Groupon purchase

Pros:
Blow dryer
Microwave
Fridge
Coffee maker
Coffee condiments
Cabinet / dresser wood style
Iron / ironing board
Nice slide in pool and kiddie area

Cons:
*Dirty pool made my infant, my husband and myself sick.
*Alcohol 3x overpriced in gift shop
*Spa customer service is nice... But got brows done with Lisa and it was a waste of money. She took 15 minutes doing them and another 5 just preparing the area. It's only a 5 minute job. Hair was still there, and so was the wax. Don't go there even if you're desperate like I was.

I still give the hotel 5 stars even with the pool situation and the spa. They're fixable issues.

I'd still go to this hotel again on a good deal only, like I found on Groupon.

Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank TryNewPlacesBeach
Gil R, General Manager at Sheraton Lake Buena Vista Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2014

Dear TryNewPlacesbe,

Thank you for your recent Trip Advisor posting. I appreciate your comments both positive and constructive. I will certainly review your comments with the team and we will utilize to improve.

Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

My family and I stayed here during our trip to Disney World for New Year's. The place is beautiful. The beds were extremely comfy and the pool was a great place to relax. They even have a fire pit that has blue flames that keep you warm by the pool. They also have a water slide going into the pool. The staff were very friendly and we even bought our tickets to Disney there. I will definitely stay here again next time we are in Orlando

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Dear angel467,

I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and decided to share it on Trip Advisor. If ever your travels take you back to Orlando we would love to be of service to you again.

Reviewed 11 May 2014

I recently traveled to Orlando for a conference at Disney and decided to stay off of the Disney campus. I selected this Sheraton for very reasonable price and location to the Disney Yacht Club, which was an easy 15 minute cab ride. The front desk staff was courteous and the lobby was clean, with options for various snacks you can bring to your room. My room was on the 5th floor, street side. I asked for a quieter spot in the hotel and this was not it. The combination of the loud (and poorly working) AC unit plus the noise from the very busy street made the room anything but quiet. I might have been better off on the ground floor pool-side. I can only give this an average rating because of that and since I did make a special request. The hotel was not full so it shouldn't have been that difficult and I'm sure I'm not the first person who could've requested a quiet spot. Had I taken advantage of room service, the health club, pool, spa, or used the parking lot, perhaps my experience would have taken this to 4 stars. All in all, this was clean, convenient, and inexpensive. I'd probably stay here again but would do so using this experience as a benchmark to get a room in a different spot.

Room Tip: If you want quiet, stay away from the street side.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Gil R, General Manager at Sheraton Lake Buena Vista Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2014

Dear crb617,

If ever your travels take you back to Orlando, we would love to be of service to you again.

Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

The rooms could use some work. The elevator in our building was pretty bad and had trash in it our entire stay. The pool area was awesome though with plenty of space that you can have you own little hide out.

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank Tommy J

Dear Tommy J,

Reviewed 10 May 2014

Very friendly staff, experienced no problems with elevators, room was cleaned every day to perfection, pool area very nice, sat in restaurant for about 10 minutes and was ignored so went to sandwich place and it was good, WIFI was terrible and this needs to be fixed for the price of the daily fee. Some members of our party had no trouble with the Wifi so it appears that location to the routers may be the issue as to signal strength. Overall, I would stay here again if the price was right.

Room Tip: I enjoyed having a pool view but it was noisy until the pool closes.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Dear Edna M,

Thank you for your recent Trip Advisor posting. I appreciate your comments both positive and constructive. I will certainly share your comments with the team a we will utilize to improve. We are completing a WiFi upgrade this week and a definite improvement in this area will be realized for our guest.