“A good value”

Ranked #190 of 335 Hotels in Orlando
Islamorada, Florida
“A good value”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2014

Close proximity to the parks with a free shuttle. Free self parking very secure!! All help I encountered at the hotel was very pleasant. Specifically Jonathan that checked me in, very nice man. And the bellman Mike, was helpful with restaurants, taxis...etc...The pool area is very well maintained and clean. Cocktails at the outside bar are tasty and the daily specials are a good value. I would normally have given only 4 of 5 because the housekeeping staff lacked just a little. Things weren't perfectly placed from second day on (during a 4 day stay)....also didn't pick up all of the trash left in the room. I'm giving it a 5 anyway because of the value. I found this hotel at less than $100/night and it's worth $150 easily.

Room Tip: If you go to bed before 11pm, don't choose a poolside room. The way the buildings are configure...
Green Features: irrelevant. global warming etc....is all a very large lie made up to allow the left to justify their never ending struggle to choke out freedom and liberties that are due all of us under are current but probably not long lived constitution.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Gil R, General Manager at Sheraton Lake Buena Vista Resort, responded to this review, 19 May 2014
Dear ken3787,

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and decided to share it on Trip Advisor. If ever your travels take you back to Orlando we would love to be of service to you again.

Mark Politte

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (429)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Denver, Colorado
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2014

This place is trashy, feels unsafe, and after I hauled all of my stuff from my car, traveling alone as a female, nobody offered to help me, and I got all the way to my room, which required a drive and getting several bags up alone, the door showed a green light to let me in, but it wouldn't budge. I kicked the door out of frustration at that point, and then hauled ALL of my stuff back to my car, drove to the front desk to share my frustration, and they said - 'oh, sometimes that happens' - and gave me a tip to open the door up and that was it - I demanded a different room, they still didn't offer to help me with my stuff, and didn't try to make up for it in any way at all. The outside of the place is barely 2 star, the rooms are decent, but maybe a 3 star, no more - they still have AC units in all the rooms, not even central air, and it's loud. This place does not deserve it's rating, and as a female traveling alone, I would NOT recommend this to anyone. I'm shocked there is a 4 star rating on this hotel. Someone needs to reconsider this rating because I personally expect at least a little quality at 4 star - oh and they make you pay 20$ extra per day for 'resort fees' - so it's no cheaper than the much nicer hotels close by. STAY AWAY!!

Room Tip: Go anywhere else but here.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank traveler4701
Dear traveler4701,

I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us. I wish I could have connected with you during your stay as I would have liked the opportunity to turn things around. I will certainly share your comments with the appropriate team members. Our bell staff usually does a great job and obviously in your case they did not. I apologize.

Edmonton, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2014

We stayed at this hotel in January of this year. I don't know where they took the photo of the pool from for this website because we sure didn't see it. The bed was very comfortable and the room very big, however we were right by the parking lot (2nd floor) and we had people constantly walking by making lots of noise. We also had very noisy delivery trucks in the parking lot very early in the morning. Room clean up was ok but not great. They didn't restock towels and soaps unless we asked and we asked but were never given a Do Not Disturb card. We spent 5 nights and 6 days at this hotel. Didn't agree with the resort fee at all. They are nothing but a gouge!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Cindy403
Dear Cindy403,

Thank you for your recent Trip Advisor posting. I appreciate your comments both positive and constructive. I will certainly share your comments with the appropriate team members and we will utilize to improve.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2014 via mobile

I attended a wedding here and stayed one night.....our room was really nice and clean...all employes were courteous and helpful....the only complaint was the food that was served at the wedding (not good at all).although their breakfast brunch was very good...I don't know if you can judge their food by my experience, but there are several restaurants within walking distance...plenty of stores also!.....I would say you will not be disappointed staying here

• Stayed May 2014
Dear Robbie G,

I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and decided to share it on Trip Advisor. I will certainly share your comments with our Chef. Our F&B team usually receives a lot of positive comments and sorry that it is not so in your case, but I am sure we can use this information to improve.

St Augustine
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2014

The staff of the Resort is extremely friendly and very helpful, I felt welcome from the moment that I walked through door. We were even upgraded to a remodeled room which was pool view with a balcony. The room was nice and spacious and very clean!!! There is not a shuttle to Downtown Disney and the walk is quite a hike. It would be nice if they offered a shuttle since it is close to the resort. The transportation bus to Disney has seen its better days, I would recommend the Resort to upgrade their shuttle service with a company that has newer buses.

Room Tip: Ask for a remodeled room if available.
Green Features: The entire staff was very accommodating and friendly!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Marty K,

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and decided to post it on Trip Advisor. I also appreciate your constructive comments. I will certainly share your comments with the appropriate team members and we will utilize to improve.

Beach
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

Went there twice on a Groupon purchase

Pros:
Blow dryer
Microwave
Fridge
Coffee maker
Coffee condiments
Cabinet / dresser wood style
Iron / ironing board
Nice slide in pool and kiddie area

Cons:
*Dirty pool made my infant, my husband and myself sick.
*Alcohol 3x overpriced in gift shop
*Spa customer service is nice... But got brows done with Lisa and it was a waste of money. She took 15 minutes doing them and another 5 just preparing the area. It's only a 5 minute job. Hair was still there, and so was the wax. Don't go there even if you're desperate like I was.

I still give the hotel 5 stars even with the pool situation and the spa. They're fixable issues.

I'd still go to this hotel again on a good deal only, like I found on Groupon.

Stayed April 2014
1 Thank TryNewPlacesBeach
Gil R, General Manager at Sheraton Lake Buena Vista Resort, responded to this review, 15 May 2014
Dear TryNewPlacesbe,

Thank you for your recent Trip Advisor posting. I appreciate your comments both positive and constructive. I will certainly review your comments with the team and we will utilize to improve.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

My family and I stayed here during our trip to Disney World for New Year's. The place is beautiful. The beds were extremely comfy and the pool was a great place to relax. They even have a fire pit that has blue flames that keep you warm by the pool. They also have a water slide going into the pool. The staff were very friendly and we even bought our tickets to Disney there. I will definitely stay here again next time we are in Orlando

Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Dear angel467,

I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and decided to share it on Trip Advisor. If ever your travels take you back to Orlando we would love to be of service to you again.