“Stay at Sheraton Lake Buena Vista Resort - May 2014”

Sheraton Lake Buena Vista Resort
Ranked #190 of 335 Hotels in Orlando
Northville, Michigan
“Stay at Sheraton Lake Buena Vista Resort - May 2014”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

My wife and I recently stayed at the Sheraton Lake Buena Vista Resort. We found the hotel to be very comfortable. The room was nice, with a balcony with room for two. The service and the staff was great! Very nice Pool area.

Green Features: They offered a program to not have the rooms serviced every day, saving water, etc. I thought that this was a nice touch.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Bruce C
GMLBV, General Manager at Sheraton Lake Buena Vista Resort, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
Dear Bruce C,

I am so glad to learn that you enjoyed your stay and decided to share it on Trip Advisor. If ever your travels take you back to Orlando we would love to be of service to you again.

Mark Politte

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (429)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

The staff takes their job seriously. They are always looking to make your stay much better. The pool is always kept up. My kids love it and they have kid activities. My very first choice when staying in Orland for business and our vacation.

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank jazehner
GMLBV, General Manager at Sheraton Lake Buena Vista Resort, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
Dear Jazehner,

I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay and decided to post it on Trip Advisor. If ever your travels take you back to Orlando we would love to be of service to you again.

Epsom, New Hampshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

We arrived early and our room was not ready yet. We were given a temp pass so that we could get into the poolside bar area where we had lunch and a couple of drinks. Our room was ready and we were phoned to let us know it was ready. The staff was very helpful every time we had a question. we were in and out of our room several times a day and it was made up every time we showed up. we had booked a late plane flight in order to get a nonstop return flight and we were allowed to stay and extra two hours and enjoy the pool before we had to check out. The pool was out of this world very clean and refreshing even though it ws 90+ every day did not feel warm at all and did not have a strong chlorine smell to it. We would stay there again if we go back to Orlando.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear rhfsaf,

Kalamazoo, Michigan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

Beautiful lobby, restaurant, and pool area definitely deserving of a 4 star designation. Really enjoyed the marketplace with Starbucks and the ability to buy our Disney tickets at the hotel.

The room however was nowhere close to 4 star standard. The bathroom had clumps of hair and mildew growth in the tub. The vanity area looked like it hadn't been cleaned in days. The walls and ceiling looked like they hadn't been painted in years and the carpet needed to be vacuumed. I felt like I was staying in a cheap motel.

If the rooms were at the same level as the lobby and other common areas of the hotel I would stay here again. Slapping wallpaper on an accent wall, putting in new lamps, and hanging a couple of updated wall hangings doesn't designate renovated to me.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Laurel W,

Thank you for your recent Trip Advisor posting. I appreciate you comments both positive and constructive. I will certainly share your comments with our housekeeping team. I apologize that you found your room in this order. This is not the norm for us.

If I can be of further service to you please do not hesitate to contact me directly. mark.politte@sheratonlbv.com

Miami Beach, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

We were there over Memorial Day Weekend and overall had a really nice time.

Pros:
- Pool area - 2 pools, 2 jacuzzis, a tube water slide, a children's slash area and a place for water volleyball/basketball.
- Breakfast/brunch buffet - the service was also wonderful
- Clean
- Good location

Cons:
- Small rooms (standard size), but probably because the beds are queen, which is better than doubles
- Only 1 working elevator in our building (building 3). This was a major CON!! For the entire 6 floor building there was only 1 working elevator. The alternate elevator was completely under construction not just broken for an hour or so. That meant all guests on 6 floors, plus staff with their large room service/maid service carts were shuffling in and out of the single and small lift. It was especially hard when I returned back to my room with 2 sleeping children and had to wait 10 minutes for an elevator (stairs not being an option since kids were asleep and we were on the 5th floor).
- All the extra fees. I'm so sick of these fees. Parking, resort, etc - whys rent these including in the rate. Such a rude awakening.

Room Tip: If you are more than 2 kids/2 adults go for a suite
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank jjbenitez
thepoliteone, General Manager at Sheraton Lake Buena Vista Resort, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
Dear jjbenitez,

Thank you for your recent Trip Advisor posting. I appreciate your comments both positive and constructive. I will certainly review your comments with the team and we utilize to improve.

Nashville, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

We've stayed here multiple times and enjoy the larger rooms that you get here. It's fairly convenient to Disney and has a nice pool area. We'll continue to stay at this property I'm sure when we visit Orlando. If using Starpoints, it's a great place.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
GMLBV, General Manager at Sheraton Lake Buena Vista Resort, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
Dear Phi450,

I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and really appreciate that you have chosen to stay with us multiply times. Thanks for sharing it on Trip Advisor. We look forward to being of service to you again.

Miami
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2014

This hotel has some great suites.My main issue with the hotel is the bus system.Buses come only a few times and you have to leave the theme park early to catch the it.Really inconvenient bus system.Other than that the hotel is located to some of the best restaurants in Orlando and it is very luxurious.Been coming here for years.

Stayed December 2013
thepoliteone, General Manager at Sheraton Lake Buena Vista Resort, responded to this review, 27 May 2014
Dear Gino H,

Thank you for your recent Trip Advisor posting. I appreciate your comments both positive and constructive. I will certainly share your comments with our transportation company and we will utilize to improve.