“OK I guess....”

Ranked #204 of 339 Hotels in Orlando
Baton Rouge, LA
“OK I guess....”
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Stayed here for 3 nights for a trip to disney. The location is very close to the gates and is surrounded by change dining and fast food. Although it's close to disney, its too far to walk. So you'll have to used the provided transportation or take your car and park for $18.

The hotel itself is a 5 story refurbishment. There are internal corridors and a central pool. The rooms are clean and remolded but it's not a high-end hotel like a high-rise Hilton or Hyatt. The pools look nice but we didn't get a chance to try them.

The staff was very nice and help with every question.

Room Tip: Get a pool view. Otherwise the you'll view the parking lot.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
GMLBV, General Manager at Sheraton Lake Buena Vista Resort, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Dear BIG_SOS,

Thank you for staying with us and I appreciate your posting. I will certainly review your comments with the team.

Mark Politte

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (445)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
New Port Richey, Florida
Reviewed 22 June 2014

This was a hotel we stayed out for a night just for. Little getaway. Not only was it very reasonable the staff there were so nice. The prices of the food and drinks were a bit high but it was very clean, beds were comfy and it has a slide in the pool which the kids loved. I would totally go back for a little getaway. They also have activities by the pool for the kids which was an added bonus. The AC in the room was very loud that was my only complaint. On a side not my daughter has a severe peanut allergy and the staff was great about getting a manager and making sure the food was ok for her.

Room Tip: One without a noisy AC unit other then that rooms were great. Beds were really comfy.
Dear Trina W,

Thank you for staying with us and your recent posting. I really appreciate the comment regarding the manager getting involved with menu selections for your daughter. Kids are very important to us.

San Juan, Puerto Rico
Reviewed 19 June 2014

The room was very clean, all the areas of the hotel were in great conditions. Close to Disney World attractions and restaurants. We felt safe and comfortable in this hotel. I recommend this hotel 100%.

Room Tip: Higher floors have better balconies.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
GMLBV, General Manager at Sheraton Lake Buena Vista Resort, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
Dear drko2680,,

I am so glad to learn that you enjoyed your stay and decided to post it on Trip Advisor. If ever your travels take you back to Orlando we would love to be of service to you again.

Miami, Florida
Reviewed 18 June 2014

I flew into Orlando to attend a wedding, which was very nicely done at the hotel. I had family that live 45 minutes away drive over to spend a day with us. The pool was very nice. Kids had alot of fun. What impressed me the most was the room. So clean! Wonderful bed and linens. Very nice experience. Loved the fire place outside. I plan on staying there whenever I'm in Orlando.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Dear dyamon,

Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

The lobby and common areas as well as the pool are fantastic! This is definitely where the bulk of the "upgrade money" was used up. So if this is where you'll be spending most of your time, then I can see how it would be worth the pretty high price.
The elevators on the other hand were not upgraded. They're down right scary! All of the rooms are exterior corridor, so if you get caught in one of FL's almost daily thunder showers, you're going to get soaking wet -- especially if you're a haul from the elevator like we were.
The bathrooms are TINY! But the good news is that the toilet and shower are in a separate room from the vanity. That helps. I'm not a fan of carpet in the vanity area, but that's just my preference.
The location is really good. Plenty of good restaurants and shopping within walking distance. There are shuttles to the major attractions (Disney and Universal).

Stayed February 2014
1 Thank Shanculbertson
GMLBV, General Manager at Sheraton Lake Buena Vista Resort, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Dear Shanculbertson,

Thank you for staying with us and I appreciate your posting on Trip Advisor. We are in the process of upgrading our elevators. We are doing one at a time so that we do not disrupt our guest experience. Perhaps during your next visit you will see a brand new elevator cab as well experience all new mechanics. Building 4 is our suite building and it does have exterior corridors. The other three buildings are interior corridor. If you are more comfortable with an interior corridor and I can certainly make sure you are in this section of the resort.

Again, thanks for staying with us and we would love to be of service to you again.

Lithia, Florida
Reviewed 13 June 2014

This Sheraton is a great option in Orlando if you want to me near parks or just get away and hang out at a hotel. I loved it!! did not do parks, I just hung out with my girl. We had breakfast, lunch and dinner here at a reasonable price. Kenzo at customer service took great care of us. She is very professional and friendly. I will certainly make this a place for our get away from Tampa. Oh and the pool area, very clean, with just enough for the kids. Loved this place!!

Dear darlene,

I am so glad to learn that you enjoyed your stay and decided to post it on Trip Advisor. Thanks for acknowledging Kenzo. She is one of our superstars. If ever your travels take you back to Orlando we would love to be of service to you again.

Miami Lakes, Florida
Reviewed 12 June 2014

It's less than a 5 minute drive to Downtown Disney and I-4. The rooms are clean and spacious, the bed and pillows are delicious, we all slept like babies. The staff is by far the most accommodating I have ever experienced in any hotel. Brandy the hotel manager and her staff bring back the true meaning of customer service from check-in to check-out. I am definitely staying there again, can't wait for next year. Valet never made us wait too long, and it was a very busy weekend, so I was definitely impressed. The housekeeping staff were courteous greeting us with a smile on their face, and always on point, providing us with extra towels as needed, coffee and most importantly water. Pool side service and inside bar, as well as restaurant were great. The food came exactly as ordered in a timely manner, and we had some picky folks with us, so again I was impressed. They have a spa, but I didn't have them time to take advantage, but I hope to next time I visit. I give Brandy and her staff a round of applause for the excellent service. Thank you for making our 5 days there a memorable experience.

Room Tip: A room with a pool view is worth it, especially in the main building.
Green Features: There were recycling bins in the rooms and through out the hotel, towels were only replaced if requested to conserve water usage.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
GMLBV, General Manager at Sheraton Lake Buena Vista Resort, responded to this review, 13 June 2014
Dear melladrama,

I am so glad to learn that you enjoyed your stay and decided to share it on Trip Advisor. Brandy is a superstar and I appreciate you taking time to write about her.