“Very Good place”

Sheraton Lake Buena Vista Resort
Ranked #201 of 338 Hotels in Orlando
“Very Good place”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

We stayed 3 nights, I needed to work the first day, it worked perfect because the wifi works really good around the hotel, kids enjoyed the pool, and the bar has good selection of food, prices are the bad are not bad. Beds are comfortable, rooms are clean, we had an issue withe the toilet the first day, but they sent the maintenance guy right away and he change the toilet kit in 10 mins. Hotel has a very good location, right across the street from WDW and walking distance from many restaurants,

Green Features: You can chose the green option, so they don't change your towels and you get $5 credit at the bar.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
GMLBV, General Manager at Sheraton Lake Buena Vista Resort, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Dear Mrkury,

Thank you for staying with us and your recent posting on Trip Advisor. I am sorry that you had problem with your toilet, but glad that we reacted quickly to resolve.

Mark Politte

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (444)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 30 June 2014

I booked at a very good rate and was apprehensive when I read the reviews. When I got here, I was pleasantly surprised. This is a decent property, good amenities, friendly staff and centrally located.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room to avoid noise from adjoining rooms on both sides, and with a pool view, which...
Green Features: They have a really good program by offering the guest a $5 credit to forego housekeeping services and reuse the towels each day.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Dear Richard R,

Thank you for staying with us and your recent posting on Trip Advisor. I am glad to learn that you enjoyed the resort.

Port saint Lucie, Florida, USA
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Overall, using a AAA discount, and getting the room for 98 a night, I can't really complain. The room was clean, the AC worked well, the pool area is great if you have kids. The pool has a pretty good slide, basketball, volleyball net, and other features. The bed and linens were comfortable.
Any complaints I have are just minor miscellaneous. This is completely my opinion and something experienced in a lot of hotels, but come 7 AM or earlier, a group of about 15 from down the hall began apparently walking from one room of theirs to another, and their doors' closing were so impacting that each door close rattled my door, and it was continuous for a while. Needless to say there was no more sleeping once that started. BUT like I stated, this is my opinion, and IT IS Orlando so people are going to be heading out early, just wish the doors were not so impacting to other rooms. The only other complaint I had and this was probably due to their "green" initiative or saving electricity costs, the TV brightness has apparently been dimmed to save electric, and it made viewing a little harder unless the lights were out. Anyway, the location can't be beat, it's right near downtown Disney and the Disney attractions. Just beware that there is a $19 resort fee per night, but this hotel does offer a bit more than a normal no frills hotel.

Room Tip: We were in building 1, 3rd floor. As my review states, can't really complain without being nit...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
GMLBV, General Manager at Sheraton Lake Buena Vista Resort, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Dear eyeyavak,

Thank you for staying with us and your Trip Advisor posting. I am sorry to hear about the TV brightness. This is not part of green initiative and we can certainly adjust this.

Fort Myers, Florida, United States
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Stayed for 4 nights while working a convention center event. Excellent front desk service! The room was clean and comfortable and the beds were great. Pools are inviting and it seems that the kids that were there enjoyed the slide. There are 2 jacuzzi's that are hot and relaxing after a long day on your feet. Free Wi-Fi worked adequately. Lots of excellent restaurants across the street or within short walking distance.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
GMLBV, General Manager at Sheraton Lake Buena Vista Resort, responded to this review, 27 June 2014
Dear Volleyvic,

I am so glad to learn that you enjoyed your stay and decided to post it on Trip Advisor. If ever your travels take you back to Orlando we would love to be of service to you again.

Boca Raton, Florida
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Booked on Hotwire for $84/night. Perfectly located across from Walt Disney World, and close to Outlet shops as well. Nice pools, restaurant has a nice menu as well. Would definitely recommend staying here as well.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
Dear VisitorLB,

Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 25 June 2014

As a platinum member, I've traveled to many SPG properties in North America. We always appreciate upgrades to larger rooms and amenities, but my experience with this particular hotel was the best I've ever experienced. Kenzo at the front desk took care of our family with an upgrade that worked really well for our two teenagers. Kenzo was gracious and friendly, and really provided first class service. We returned to the hotel at the end of our cruise and she warmly greeted us and was able to upgrade us to the same kind of room that had worked so well the first time. She really made our family feel special, and it made such a positive impact on our stay.

The hotel has a beautiful pool area which was completely inviting and delayed our start time at Disney on both days because I couldn't tear myself away from the palm trees and loungers in the sun! The outdoor room entrances look like they've had quite a a bit of wear, but the rooms, common areas and grounds felt inviting and tropical. We were delighted with the breakfast buffet and would gladly stay there again. I've never taken the time to write a Trip Advisor comment, but an experience like this compelled me to do so. Thanks to Kenzo for an amazing stay and another great reason to stay with SPG when I travel!

Room Tip: The bunk bed suites were great for a family traveling with two teenagers who need separate sleeping...
Green Features: Would have appreciated easier access to recycling. The room didn't have a bin, and I didn't notice them in the common areas. Perhaps I just didn't know where to look...
1 Thank Susan F
Dear Susan F,

I am so glad to learn that you enjoyed your stay and decided to post it on Trip Advisor. Thank you for your comments regarding Kenzo. She has very quickly become one of our superstars. If ever your travels take you back to Orlando we would love to be of service to you again.

The Adirondacks
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Everything was clean and in good shape, the bed was comfortable, and the pool area inviting. The front desk staff was helpful. W-Fi access worked well from my room on the 4th floor. But like many hotels these days, the big print givith and the fine print taketh away. The great price you'll see on a Tripadvisor or Kayak search will be inflated by the $20 daily resort fee. You'll need to decide for yourself if the extra charge is worth it.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Marty P
GMLBV, General Manager at Sheraton Lake Buena Vista Resort, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
Dear Marty P,

Thank you for staying with us and I appreciate your recent posting. I will certainly share your comments with the rest of the team and we will utilize to improve our services.