“Communicate these comments ”

Sheraton Lake Buena Vista Resort
Ranked #205 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

These comments aren't communicated with the staff at the hotel.

I previously commented on how the pool made a family of 3 sick, including an infant. They send they would " look in to it " went there again after a handful of stays at this hotel & the pool is still cloudy. Ewe.

I'll make it short.
Pros: clean lobby, great staff with customer service, best bell boys service, clean hallways, shops and main lobby, nice shop in main lobby for basic needs, gifts shops - gas station - coffee shop - restaurants all within walking distance. Walgreens a mile or so away. Pool view rooms are good and so are standard.

Cons: out dated & smelly Jr. Suit that we downgraded from and still lost $115 & still got a pool view that wasn't cleaned properly (hair on bathroom floor, multiple hair-ties on carpet, random dust everywhere... These rooms are usually better maintained. Such a waste. Spa is twice over priced & uninviting. 1st floor rooms... Don't book them.

After this experience of $115 lost, & dirty second room (even though they tried their best to help at the time), we will consider a different hotel on our next monthly visit to Orlando. Shame. This was becoming our "regular" hotel.

Stayed: July 2014
GMLBV, General Manager at Sheraton Lake Buena Vista Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2014

Dear TryNewPlacesBe,

Thank you for your recent Trip Advisor posting. I appreciate your comments both positive and constructive. I am sorry that you felt the pool made your family ill. we check the chemical balance of the pool daily and it is regularly inspect the local government and I can assure you that the pool is properly maintained. We have thousands of customers use our pool weekly without incident. If there is anyway I can be of further service to you regarding this my contact information is listed for you below.

I will certainly share you comments with the team and will utilize to improve our services.

There are newer reviews for Sheraton Lake Buena Vista Resort

Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

We have the best time at this hotel. It's so clean the staff is believable from the front desk all the to the pool staff. We get the Jr suite that over look the pool. Pool area is super nice.Can't wait to get back.

• Stayed: August 2014

Dear bddf,

I am so glad to learn that you enjoyed your stay and decided to post it on Trip Advisor. If ever your travels take you back to Orlando we would love to be of service to you again.

Reviewed 12 August 2014

Pool area is awesome with something for everyone but not as awesome as Kenzo was at the front desk. Treated us like family and made it a five star experience. Go with the bunk bed rooms if you have kids. Plenty of room !!!

• Stayed: August 2014

Dear Ptpastortim,

I am so glad to learn that you enjoyed your stay and decided to post it on Trip Advisor. I especially appreciate your kind words regarding Kenzo. She has very quickly turned into a superstar for the resort. If ever your travels take you back to Orlando we would love to be of service to you again.

Reviewed 11 August 2014

We stayed for three nights in July. Our room was just the right size for four people with two queen beds. Beds were great. The bathroom vanity was separate from the shower/toilet. The shower did have some shelves in that were very old and rusty. Definitely could use some updating in that area. Our room did have a mini fridge which was nice. I guess you can get a room with a microwave for an extra fee. The rooms did come with two bottles of water each day. There is a liter size bottle of water but don't open it because it will cose you $9. The pools are great. There is a small pool for kids with sprinklers and a zero depth entry that gradually gets deeper throughout the pool. Then a larger pool with a water slide for older kids. They do provide towels and there were lots of chairs available. Different activities during the day like bingo, painting, and volleyball for the kids. There is a nice market inside with a good variety of snacks and drinks. Drinks at the bar are a bit pricey. If you see an empty beer bucket I suggest grabbing it and buying your own beer to take to the pool.

Hotel is super close to the parks and lots of places to eat. Many within walking distance. There is a resort fee so be sure to get your itemized receipt when checking out to make sure you are charged correctly.

Room Tip: Try to get a room with a pool view otherwise you stare at the parking lot.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Kim H
GMLBV, General Manager at Sheraton Lake Buena Vista Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2014

Dear Kim H,

Thank you for staying with us and your recent Trip Advisor posting. I appreciate your comments both positive and constructive. I will certainly share your posting with the team here and we will utilize to improve.

Reviewed 9 August 2014

Let me first state that the Lake Buena Vista Sheraton is an excellent hotel/resort.

The secure inner courtyard that housed the pool, the bar, the fire amenity and a number of clean relaxing pools was beautiful. With temperatures approaching 40 Degrees Celsius during our stay, we were happy to use the courtyard pool to escape the heat.

The Junior Suite we stayed in was comfortable and clean with up to date bedding, flat-screens and furniture. With 4 adults in the room, we took full advantage of the large expanse of the suite.

The "Official Sheraton Staff" was professional, helpful and competent during our time there.

Our complaint is with the, Concierge.

Our main purpose for our trip to Florida was to attend Disney as a family.
We did our research online and as part of that research, we called the Lake Buena Vista Sheraton to enquire about the room and Disney tickets. We wanted to know if the Sheraton sold tickets to Disney.
The Front Desk advised us that they did sell Disney Tickets at the Sheraton. The Front Desk then transferred our call to, "The Concierge".
During our conversation with, " The Concierge", we were told that, " after we checked in to the Sheraton, we were to go to the Concierge Desk. Once at the Concierge Desk, we would be able to purchase our Disney tickets at a "significant discount".
We asked what "significant" meant in real terms?
The Concierge stated that they were not allowed to disclose the discount on the phone, but that it was "significant"!

This was great news; at least, that is what we thought at that point.

We continued with our online research, preparing ourselves for the full Disney experience.

We then discovered the importance of " The FastPass System" at Disney and called back a second time to make sure that we could book the FastPass system at the Sheraton Hotel as well. We were assured again that we could book everything through the Sheraton once we checked in and we would be good to go for the next morning at Disney. With that in mind and given the fact I was dealing with the Sheraton, I trusted their information.

On Friday August 1st, we checked into the Sheraton and were directed to the 'Concierge' for our Disney ticket purchases. We quickly learned that 'the Concierge' was in fact a, "Disney Vacation Booth" or to be more precise, a "Time Share Vacation Proprieties Booth".
A discount was offered for the tickets, however like most time share sales techniques, you had to sit through a presentation (unknown time frame). THIS IS NOT WHAT WE WERE TOLD ON THE PHONE!

We declined to sit through a Time Share presentation and ended up purchasing our Disney Tickets at the gate the next morning.

To end, we spoke to the hotel manager, Greg about our displeasure and lack of transparency with the 'concierge' desk. Greg, followed up with our complaint and left us a nice gift in our room.

This review is given to travellers in order for them to have the proper information, so that they can make an informed decision.
KEY TAKEAWAYS:
* Discount tickets to Disney are tied to sitting through a Time Share Presentation.
* Official Sheraton Staff at Lake Buena Vista were excellent.
* Concierge Booth at Sheraton is a Time Share Booth.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank OutofTheColdSimcoe
GMLBV, General Manager at Sheraton Lake Buena Vista Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

Dear OutofThecoldsim,

Thank you for staying with us and your recent Trip Advisor posting. I am glad to learn that you enjoyed your stay here and that Greg stepped in and took care of the problem that you had with the Concierge's desk. I am sharing your comments with their management as transparency is required and that certainly did not happen with your inquiry. I apologize for that.

Reviewed 8 August 2014

The hotel is very nice. The staff is very friendly. The only problem that we had was the "non disclosed resort fee" at checkout. We prepaid for the room at approximately $200 for two nights which is a great price. I gave them my credit card upon check in and the only thing that I was told is that it was for the resort fee. I was thinking that if we used spa services that charge would go on my card. At checkout, they charged me $75.00 more than the original $200.00 and said it was for parking etc. Very disappointed that it wasn't disclosed upon paying in advance or check in.

Room Tip: Choose to get extra pillows!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Dear Tawni H,

Thank you for staying with us and your recent Trip Advisor posting. I am glad that you found the resort overall to be very nice. I am sorry that you were not aware of the resort fee. It should be quoted to you at the time of making your reservation. We certainly do not want to hide it. May I ask how you made your reservation? If something is not correct we certainly want to fix it. My contact information is listed below for you.

Mark.politte@sheratonlbv.com

Reviewed 7 August 2014 via mobile

We asked for a check in at noon. We got to the hotel around 12:15 and was told we wouldn't be able to check in until 2. We went out for a couple of hours and came back at 2 to find out our room was still not ready. We went to the bar to hang out until we received a call. Gary, the bartender, was very friendly! After sitting there for a couple of hours he asked what we were up to. We told him how we were still waiting for our room. He went inside and talked to someone and our room was ready!! In addition to his exceptional service, we appreciate him greatly for making sure we got to our room. The restaurant zest had slow service, and ok food. Overall, we had a good time.

Stayed: August 2014
GMLBV, General Manager at Sheraton Lake Buena Vista Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2014

Dear COGD,

Thank you for staying with us and your recent Trip Advisor posting. I appreciate your comments both positive and constructive. I will certainly share your kind words with Gary and his team members. I will also share your comments regarding check in and the restaurant to the appropriate staff members and we will utilize to improve.