“Interesting place” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #293 of 335 Hotels in Orlando
Atlanta, Georgia
“Interesting place”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2013

This is an reasonable place to stay, the rooms are clean. micro and fridge in all the rooms. Little room to buy drinks and snacks. They have a breakfast in the morning. It consists of toast and slices of cheese, and jam. Apple and orange juice and coffee and milk. Kinda strange to me.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Hudson, FL
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2013

The exterior of the building certainly needs help but the rooms were clean, beds were comfortable and being on the 5th floor we enjoyed having the balcony. The front desk personnel were very accomodating when I booked a non-smoking room and was given a smoking room, they immediately moved us. A couple of interesting things though: there was only one chair in the room to sit on, the "continental breakfast" was white bread, wheat bread, slices of cheese, some canned fruit cocktail in shot size glasses, butter, jelly, coffee, and milk. So definitely not much. The doors to the adjoining building had the locks taken out of the doors so anyone could walk down the hallways. Also, they told people that walked in to get a room, that they were booked but even in the am, there was less than 20 cars in the parking lot. It was adequate for the money and the short time we spent there, is what I can mostly say.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank willia999
Valparaiso, Indiana
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2013

Bed didn't have fitted sheets so I kept waking up because of the fact I was laying on the mattress pad In need of new pillows. The breakfast was just ridiculous only toast and sliced processed cheese. never will stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Travellers are raving about these Orlando hotels

Montgomery, Alabama
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2013

I tried to book this hotel online but the response from their web site was to give leave my email and I would be contacted...I was not. I decided not to book elsewhere and just walk up when I arrived Saturday March 9,2013. When I arrived around 10pm the parking lot which holds 100 or more cars had about 10 spaces occupied. When I entered the lobby the clerk seemed annoyed to help me. I asked price and for any discounts and was quoted double the online rate. After relaying my online experience he took $10.00 off still much more than the online price. I accepted and he started the check in while being interrupted 4 times to answer the phone. When he gave me the room key he stated "I hope smoking will be ok". I then declined on the room...but why did this clerk waited till my payment was made to ask if smoking would be ok? This clerk and the hotel as a hole has no customer service abilities and I will not ever try to stay there again.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Eaglemapper
Cape Coral
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2013

I always passed by this hotel and it looked run down and deserted for the longest time over the years we visited Kissimmee. I had always said I wished it was open because it was interesting looking and I wanted to stay there just once at least to check it out. So the last time we were planning a trip up here, I was looking for hotel deals on this site, and saw it was available and at a decent price, so we figured...what the heck, lets go.
It looks really nice from the road, but the lobby is all the way in the back, and it doesnt look like they are finished remodeling that part. The fountain and surrounding area was old and crumbly, but it worked. There was a pool to the left and it was clean, beyond that was a walkway out to a covered dock, but it was closed and the wood was rotted and overgrown. It seemed to vaguely say something about jetski rentals, which they obviously no longer have available.
The front lobby was nice enough and the front desk attendant was pleasant. There was just the stench of his cigarette smoke trail that he made from the bench outside the front entrance (where he was smoking when we arrived) all the way to the front desk. I noticed a lot of people sitting around in the lobby with laptops. The few desk computers the hotel had for guest use all had signs saying out of order on them. It turns out they do not have free internet in the rooms, you have to pay by the time you wish to use it. 15 min, 2 hour and 4 hours, prices starting at $2.
We got our room, and the door wouldn't open with the key. We figured out you have to lift UP only on the handle to open the door. The room was clean, but the pillows were flat, and the bed was hard. but not the worst I ever slept on...but close. We needed ice, and the map said there was one right on our floor by the elevator. Lies. There was a plug, but no machine. Next option was on the 5th floor, and there was one...but it was unplugged. So we had to go into the lobby to get ice.
The air worked well, fridge and microwave were clean and operational, and we were out most of the evening and were tired so we slept. woke up with a little backache fro the hard bed, but hey, its not my bed. There were 2 chairs at a table in the room, but they sunk way down when we sat in them. So we didnt sit in them again, coudnt use laptop with out internet anyway, so no need for the table! There are balconies you can go out and sit on but the scary part is they are kind of connected to everyone elses. So someone could hop over to yours and go in your room if you leave the sliding door unlocked. So just dont!
There was supposed to be a hot breakfast, but it was from 7-9am, short time frame. we got there at 8:30, and there was nothing left out but some bread, bagels, cereal and juice. Oh well, $3.99 breakfast buffet at Sizzlin Grill much better anyway.
If you want luxury, do not even think about coming here. If however, you want a cheap, clean hotel, with a micro/fridge and are not too concerned about the bed being hard, its an average decent hotel for sleeping and parking your crap while you visit the local attractions. Just remember, no internet, but great lake views. And you can tell everyone you stayed in a hotel that looks like an Aztec pyramid.

Room Tip: Ask for one close to elevators near back of the building so you can go out the door and see the lake...
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Diana B
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2012 via mobile

Given the circumstances we were in ~ this hotel accommodated our family at 1a.m. it was recommended by another hotel even after we had passed it up several times in hopes of finding availability in a reputable chain. Basically the inside appeared to be newly remodeled. Fridge and microwave in room and room was clean. Breakfast was lite but OK for price of room. Would recommend for short stay.

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank tcandls
Liverpool, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2012

Avoid this hotel at all costs. I was unfortunate to stay here during October 2012 and what a complete waste of time it was. The first room we stayed in had ants which granted cannot be helped however the management weren't bothered about our problem, didn't even offer to help moving our things, didn't apologise and simply moved us rooms. The second room developed a horrible smell and yet more ants came into the room. Again the managment weren't bothered, didn't offer to move our things, didn't apologise and simply moved us to another room. If we hadn't of had only a few days left on our holiday we would of left however the hassle of finding another hotel was one we didn't want to waste what little time we had left on. Neeedless to say the next room had ants in however this time there was no management available, no offer came about help with moving our things, again no apology however this time we damned a refund which still hasn't been put into my bank almost a week after coming home.

Previous bad reviews of this place are spot on with no cars being in the parking lot, the carpets being dirty, the chest of drawers smelling and what they provide for breakfast can't really be desrcibed as breakfast. I mean cheese on toast for breakfast? What's that all about?! And it says it all when the hotel are only using floors 3 and 5 they must be really busy!!

If you want you holiday to be ruined then stay here!! You have be warned....

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Barker84
Also consider these accommodations in or near Orlando
Comfort Inn
#297 of 335 in Orlando
3.0 of 5 bubbles 1,454 reviews
Golden Link Motel
#44 of 153 in Kissimmee

Been to Royal Celebration Inn on Lake Cecile? Share your experiences!