“A fantastic hotel and brill location” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Royal Celebration Inn on Lake Cecile

Royal Celebration Inn on Lake Cecile
Ranked #293 of 335 Hotels in Orlando
england
“A fantastic hotel and brill location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2010

We stayed here in August and found the staff very attentive and willing to help. everyone had a smile on their face and seemed willing to help. I even had a parcel delivered from california and they took it in for me, great job. The room was cleaned every day and was left spotless. The breakfast was ok but you could bring your own food in and use the kitchen facilities next to the restaraunt. All in all we had a great stay and would recommend this place in the future. Keep up the good work, in these present times with the economy being indifferant you excelled.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Brampton, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2010

We stayed at this hotel for eight nights and were told we would receive a continental breakfast each morning. We were disgusted to learn that the continental breakfast we were served consisted of coffee, juice and three types of "mini donuts". When I complained to the non English speaking staff member at the front counter, he told me that this is what continental breakfast normally consists of. Well, I know from staying at various other hotels, that this is not the case. In fact, we've always been served toast, waffles, sometimes, bacon and eggs, etc. The staff was supposed to direct us to our time share presentation but didn't have a clue where this was taking place or any other directions we asked about, locally. The pool was nice; they said the pool hours were until 9:00pm, however, we were in there until 11:00 because the gates were never locked so feel free to ignore closing pool hours. By the way, at night, there is only one staff member at the desk. Parking lot is never full, therefore, setting the mood that this place would not be one's first choice to stay at.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank DennisLora

Travellers are raving about these Orlando hotels

Lake Placid, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2010

First clue empty parking lot! I wondered if our car would be broken into or stolen.Glad we only had to stay one night here. More of a motel than a hotel although lobby area was not bad. Room had two hard flat beds.I am glad I traveled with my own comforter.I am about to go wash it now that I am back in my house! Bathroom light outlet where the coffeee maker and hair dryer is plugged in is flithy and looks like it han not been cleaned in months.M y youngest son was afraid to shower in the bath tub,he said it needs a good scrubbing.It was not dirty,but badly stained with what looks like cigarette burns on the edge of the tub.A few long hairs everywhere.M y hair is short! Glad I did not book this hole for our entire stay in Orlando!!!.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
St. Petersburg, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2010

Exactly what we have been looking for!
Being that this was our first trip to Orlando together. We turned to the Travel guides, you know, the little mags you see at Ihop and other restaurants, for our research; we finally made reservation directly through the hotel. Our search criteria was to find a hotel Reasonably priced and not slumly run, I feel we acheived just that. The pool was not heated, so we were not able to use it. and we would have, had it been. But anyway, the view was FANTASTIC! We were on the 5th floor with a balcony and most importantly the room was very clean. The location was perfect; it met our criteria and more, only 4 miles from all the attractions.
We were pleasantly surprised to have found that our room had a microwace,refridgerator and coffee pot, very spacious with two beds and a table and chairs. The bathroom was a nice size, and it was well laid out. We had 27" T.V in our room and black out drapes to keep out the morning sun.
They had a Nice Continental breckfast in the morning. So would I recommend this property to you, definitely yes. It simple, clean and not expensive and has everything you need.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
hollywood
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2010

Warning!!!!! if you have anything of value or anything of sentimental value don't leave it behind. I had such a bad experience here at this hotel I will never stay here again. I checked out and left two items of clothing behind that I just recently bought that were not cheap either. I went back after remembering three hours later when I realized it was missing. I called first and the front desk questioned cleaning staff and they said they didn't see or have anything .I was very upset by this I checked my baggage before I called and I knew that I left my clothing in the room hanging because the night before I spilled something on them and let them dry overnight .When I did get to the hotel I asked to go up to room to look and all the hangers in closet were moved and no clothing was there.I was furious they didn't just fly away some where or grow legs and walk away I was robbed .The Cleaning people don't believe in LOST AND FOUND they are very dishonest and just complete straight up Liars! So, I never got my belongings back which I paid good money for .The hotel manager was not very helpful at all and just sided with the cleaning staff basically saying that I am just saying this that they never had a problem before and that their staff is honest. Yeah Right I was Robbed of my personal belongings and I did come back to claim them.They just took my clothes from me without a thought of me coming to get them three hours later that's very sad that someone can do this .But in today's world you never know what anybody will steal .Yes, even clothing .So I recommend you read your reviews WELL because this hotel right here is straight up DISHONEST !!!!!!!!!!
I think all of this speaks for itself it was cheap to stay but with the staff that I delt with they were no help at all. They did not even care .To conclude breakfast was horrible Donuts... What kind of Continental breakfast is . Never seen this in all of my traveling with many hotels.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with family
Orlando, FL
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2010

At check-it, we were informed that we dramatically overpaid for our room through a booking site. After asking how much we should have paid, we noticed that the man behind the counter had no idea what he was talking about, because he had his numbers way off and it wasn't making any sense by the end. Other than that, check-in was quite simple. When we entered our room, the first thing we saw was a piece of carpet that was replacing one they removed. The seams were just awful and it looked very tacky. There was an iron burn on the carpet near the balcony, so I don't think they improved it much with the new piece of carpet. After a trip to Old Town, we tried to shower. The shower head didn't work, and there was no one to fix it until the next day. We had to remind the front desk to send someone up, and the man they sent had no idea what we meant until we showed him. Keep in mind, this problem should have been resolved while we were at the parks, as promised. The breakfast was a great disappointment, too. It is literally just some stale doughnuts. Usually I ignore reviews that say the free breakfast was lacking because I know what to expect with a continental breakfast. This breakfast, however, was NOT a continental breakfast. Even a bowl of corn flakes would have had more character than this sad little tray of doughnuts. The coffee was drinkable, but the juice was always empty. Although, I did get a little orange juice the first morning, and it was pretty good. Let's see, what else is there? Internet service is lobby only, the free shuttle to and from Disney wasn't consistent with the park hours, the balcony was extremely small, the pool was small and dirty, the outside patio area was old and dirty, the staff was very limited and knew very little English, my bed sheet had a burn hole (as did the bathtub)- non smoking hotel, there were emergency sprinklers in the room in very odd places..... there is just nothing good to say about this hotel. My GPS couldn't find it, and it turns out it used to be the Wellesley. They haven't even changed the phones since the change( old name is still on it), so there's no doubt these people don't care. The stairs were very unsafe when wet, but luckily we were close to the elevator. Paper thin walls let us hear the neighbors alarm going off at 6am. We also got to hear the kids who checked in down the hall in the middle of the night! There was a coffee maker (in the bathroom) as promised, but no coffee, cups, cream or sugar. The coffee stays on in the breakfast room, but again... no cups, cream or sugar. I can't leave out the beds, either. The mattresses are badly in need of replacement. My husband and I were rolling towards the middle of the bad all night, until we decided to just sleep on the edge and hope we didn't fall off. The kids bed wasn't any better, and they were complaining about being so close to one another. Either we were one of the lucky ones, or the hotel staff is much worse than I thought. When we asked to trade rooms because of the shower head, we were sent up to the 5th floor where the hall smelled like feet and the room smelled like mold. The guy said it was all he had left, but the parking lot was not even close to full. My husband assumed he didn't want to give us a new room so he showed us the worst room they had, but I try to think better of people than that. If you're reading this review thinking "that's not so bad", you're wrong. I originally reserved a room right down the street for the same price. I changed it because this one had the free shuttle. We went in and looked at our first choice on the way to Old Town, and we were very upset. We should have just stayed with our first choice, especially because we paid $20 a day for breakfast and $14 a day for Disney parking. We could have stayed at a MUCH nicer hotel and saved that money had we only known. I will NEVER stay at this hotel again. There are far too many better options within sight of this one.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled with family
Panama
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2009

For that price it was an excellent deal. Each room has 2 double beds, refrigerator, microwave and its location is just a walk to a Publix at the 192. It has no business center but the administrative staff was very kind and allow us to make our web check in. The price also includes continental breakfast for each one and with the extras that you buy at publix you have a complete meal. No complain about cleanness. A lots of parking and the view is nice too.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Orlando
Comfort Inn
#297 of 335 in Orlando
3.0 of 5 bubbles 1,454 reviews
Golden Link Motel
#44 of 153 in Kissimmee

Been to Royal Celebration Inn on Lake Cecile? Share your experiences!