We stayed at the Holiday Inn March of 2007, and overall we had a pretty good trip.
When we arrived at the hotel, we were pretty impressed with the looks of things. The staff was VERY friendly and helpful. They had booked us for a normal room, however after reading the reviews we decided to upgrade to a suite. This was no problem, and we weren't charged extra for the suite! When we got to our room, it was nice a big. It included a kitchenette, however there was no stove. (Not a big deal though because we ate out every night.) There was a good sized living room beside the kitchen, and the bedrooms were in another room. The room was clean, and comfortable. The bathroom was pretty average, although the sink seemed rather slow.
The hotel is located directly across from Universal Studios, which is nice. It's about a ten minute walk into the park from the hotel, which can save you money, because the Universal Studios parking garages were pricey.
We didn't spend much time in the hotel, but there we did manage to see a good sized pool, a games room, and a business room. Because I don't own a laptop, it was nice to have that business room there, with accessible computers. ($)
Attached to the hotel is a TGI Fridays restaurant. We ate there once and I really enjoyed the food. Down the road from the hotel is a Cracker Barrel Restaurant for those who prefer more homestyle cooking.
Lots to see and do in the area. Definitely enjoyed the Universal Studios theme parks. Ideal location. But I really reccomend staying in the suite as appose to a normal room.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn & Suites across from Universal Orlando is located in the heart of Central Florida's exciting attractions, convention and shopping area. Visit our recently renovated hotel just across the street from the Universal Orlando Resort. Our property features a variety of room types to fit any traveler's needs from Deluxe Guest Rooms with two double beds or a king size bed, and spacious One or Two-Bedroom Suites with nicely equipped kitchenette including microwave and refrigerator. Must be at least 21 to stay. Fabulous amenities to enhance your visit to Orlando such as Game Room, Gift Shop, Guest Laundry Facilities and Valet Service, Fitness Center, Business Center, Outdoor Heated Pool and Kids Splash Zone and the Destination Universal Guest Services Desk with discount attraction tickets to Universal Studios, Islands of Adventure, and SeaWorld. Complimentary Limited Scheduled transportation to Universal Orlando and SeaWorld. Transportation to Walt Disney World also available. Shuttle transportation schedule subject to change seasonally, service provided through the Destination Universal Guest Services Desk, advance reservations required. TGI Friday's Restaurant on-property serving Breakfast Buffet, Lunch and Dinner, Bar offers Happy Hour daily. TGI Friday's also serving room service. Banquet/Meeting facilities feature 13,000 sq. ft. of flexible function space including 6,500 square foot ballroom and 8 break out rooms. Our experienced team will make your stay or event with us special. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Southall Travel, Splitty, TravelUp, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn & Suites Across from Universal Orlando reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn & Suites Main Gate To Universal Orlando Hotel Orlando
- Holiday Inn And Suites Main Gate To Universal Orlando
- Holiday Inn Orlando
- Holiday Inn & Suites Across From Universal Orlando Florida