I just want to say that even though there are alot of bad reviews on this place, its really not that bad! You get what you pay for, but you can't beat the location for Universal Studios! Me and my boyfriend stayed there for 2 weeks in June of 2007. The staff were very friendly and willing to help you. Our room was decent. You could tell that it hadn't been cleaned right before we had arrived so we just called down and someone came right up to clean it. The best parts about staying here is the T.G.I. Fidays restaurant they have on site and the Craker Barrel restaurant they have down the road. T.G.I. Fridays have a evening happy hour where select drinks and appitaizers are just $4! Plus, the bartenders there are amazing! They are awsome with doing tricks behind the bar with the liquor bottles when they are making drinks! They also have a healthy menu which is great when you are trying to still eat right while on vacay. The Cracker Barrel down the road serves an awsome breakfast! Their sourdough french toast is to die for! Their pancakes with fruit are amazing! Me and my boyfriend could have a big breakfast for $15, and we could also have a meal of oatmeal, muffin, coffee and eggs for like $7 total for the both of us! We always left full and it would carry us until a little after lunch for a day out around exploring. There is also a WalGreens about a block down where we bought a cheap styrofoam cooler. We bought our bottles of water in cases here, and brought it back to our room and used the ice in the hotel to fill it up. It saved us ALOT seeing as how a bottle of water in the parks is $3, and we could get a case of15 for about $5. We also walked to Universal all the time. They have shuttles, but its only a 15 min walk, and its on a nice path with lots of greenery. That's about all I can think of at the moment to share, but just to sum it up for now...I would definately go back :)
We had our flight and hotel for 2 weeks for like $2,200.00. That's amazing. We went the year before and stayed at a Disney Resort hotel for only a week, and it cost about the same, if not a llittle more.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn & Suites across from Universal Orlando is located in the heart of Central Florida's exciting attractions, convention and shopping area. Visit our recently renovated hotel just across the street from the Universal Orlando Resort. Our property features a variety of room types to fit any traveler's needs from Deluxe Guest Rooms with two double beds or a king size bed, and spacious One or Two-Bedroom Suites with nicely equipped kitchenette including microwave and refrigerator. Must be at least 21 to stay. Fabulous amenities to enhance your visit to Orlando such as Game Room, Gift Shop, Guest Laundry Facilities and Valet Service, Fitness Center, Business Center, Outdoor Heated Pool and Kids Splash Zone and the Destination Universal Guest Services Desk with discount attraction tickets to Universal Studios, Islands of Adventure, and SeaWorld. Complimentary Limited Scheduled transportation to Universal Orlando and SeaWorld. Transportation to Walt Disney World also available. Shuttle transportation schedule subject to change seasonally, service provided through the Destination Universal Guest Services Desk, advance reservations required. TGI Friday's Restaurant on-property serving Breakfast Buffet, Lunch and Dinner, Bar offers Happy Hour daily. TGI Friday's also serving room service. Banquet/Meeting facilities feature 13,000 sq. ft. of flexible function space including 6,500 square foot ballroom and 8 break out rooms. Our experienced team will make your stay or event with us special. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TravelUp, Southall Travel, IHG, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Priceline, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn & Suites Across from Universal Orlando reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn And Suites Main Gate To Universal Orlando
- Holiday Inn & Suites Main Gate To Universal Orlando Hotel Orlando
- Holiday Inn Orlando
- Holiday Inn & Suites Across From Universal Orlando Florida