My sister and I stay 3 night here while visiting universal studios. I called the hotel about a week before the trip to confirm the room and they only had me down for 2 nights not three. Seance I booked the trip as a universal studios package I call the park and they were able to fix the issue. I called the hotel back the next day and they had me down for 3 nights.
Once we arrived the check is was quick and easy. The lobby was inviting but the halls were very uninviting so bad that I was worried about the room being the same but the room was perfect bed were great, both of us slept great all 3 nights. The room was clean for the most part a small amount of mold in the shower other than that it was fine.
We eat at at the TGIfridays for dinner all three nights and breakfast all three mornings the dinner meals were great and the prices were very fare the breakfast was good too nothing special. The free wifi was great the first night slow the second night and didn't work the last night kinda a pain but didn't bother us too much.
The location was great for us a twenty minute walk to universal and iride trolley pickup right in front of the hotel. The front desk was very helpful with info and they let me print my boarding pass right from there computer right at the front counter without a fee.
I would highly recommend this hotel if visiting universal studios and don't want to stay at one of there very expensive resorts.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn & Suites across from Universal Orlando is located in the heart of Central Florida's exciting attractions, convention and shopping area. Visit our recently renovated hotel just across the street from the Universal Orlando Resort. Our property features a variety of room types to fit any traveler's needs from Deluxe Guest Rooms with two double beds or a king size bed, and spacious One or Two-Bedroom Suites with nicely equipped kitchenette including microwave and refrigerator. Must be at least 21 to stay. Fabulous amenities to enhance your visit to Orlando such as Game Room, Gift Shop, Guest Laundry Facilities and Valet Service, Fitness Center, Business Center, Outdoor Heated Pool and Kids Splash Zone and the Destination Universal Guest Services Desk with discount attraction tickets to Universal Studios, Islands of Adventure, and SeaWorld. Complimentary Limited Scheduled transportation to Universal Orlando and SeaWorld. Transportation to Walt Disney World also available. Shuttle transportation schedule subject to change seasonally, service provided through the Destination Universal Guest Services Desk, advance reservations required. TGI Friday's Restaurant on-property serving Breakfast Buffet, Lunch and Dinner, Bar offers Happy Hour daily. TGI Friday's also serving room service. Banquet/Meeting facilities feature 13,000 sq. ft. of flexible function space including 6,500 square foot ballroom and 8 break out rooms. Our experienced team will make your stay or event with us special. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TravelUp, Southall Travel, IHG, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn & Suites Across from Universal Orlando reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn & Suites Main Gate To Universal Orlando Hotel Orlando
- Holiday Inn And Suites Main Gate To Universal Orlando
- Holiday Inn Orlando
- Holiday Inn & Suites Across From Universal Orlando Florida